Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I'm not sure you could get a sense of how Lo Greco looked in 40 seconds. 

I also don't understand the love for Khan and I agree with Tilders that Brook will batter him. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Auto correct to better but batter is better

• Paid Members

Yeah, Lo Greco didn't even get chance to look amateur. I don't even have a problem with Khan getting an easy fight after a long layoff. It's the dancing around committing to the Brook fight that pisses me off. As soon as I saw Brook there commentating last night I thought 'right, it's happening as long as Khan looks good here'. With Brook being there I thought they probably had some kind of agreement in place, maybe even a date in mind. And when Brook was in the ring post-fight I was half expecting an announcement from Hearn. Kind of like when Klitschko came in after Joshua beat Molina and they confirmed that fight. Instead, Khan wouldn't even mention Brook by name after the fight until he was pressed on it, Brook spent half the time stuck behind Eddie Hearn and then Khan starts banging on about 147. He doesn't want it. I'm now fully expecting that even if Brook calls his bluff and agrees to 147, Khan will either price himself out asking for a mental split of the purse or he'll pick up an injury until Brook is booked against someone else. 

Its a real shame but at this point I'm really doubting it ever happens. With how good Brook looked against Rabchenko, then Khan doing a job on Lo Greco last night, plus them now both under the Matchroom umbrella, Khan vs Brook is a no brainer, it's the fight people want and it's never been easier to make. The timing seems perfect. What's Khan even holding out for if he doesn't want Brook? 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Great return for Khan in many respects, it'll do his confidence no harm but if a big fight is next, and it looks like it will be, he could have done with a better fight than this. Its absolutely criminal if they dont get Brook/Khan together now. It seemed dead in the water but the boxing gods have alligned and it'd probably be bigger than ever if they did it now.

Frampton/Donaire was flat, good performance from Frampton but it was clear early that Frampton had his number and Donaire is clearly past his best. The fight just feel into a bit of a pattern and outside of a scare in round 11 it was one of those rinse and repeat round type fights which can always feel a little dull. Frampton at Windsor Park in the Summer will be nice, they have to secure a World Title fight though. Anyone else feel sorry for Fish Eyes when he tried to guage a bit of a crowd response in the post-fight to crickets? poor fucker.

I liked Warren playing Neil Diamond before the Frampton fight. Frampton will surely fight Selby at Windsor Park after he beats Warrington, it’s not a given but i fancy Selby on pts v Warrington. Warren has the best stable he has had in years if not ever. Just a shame BT cannot match the production values of Sky. 

Sure it isnt them who asks....kayfabe for a decent bout i reckon. But Masher and Boom Boom deserved it. 

I hope Jamie Moore gets a decent run as a trainer, done the double lastnight and a thouroughly nice man. Him and Macklin from about 10 years ago was a great fight. Two extremely tough men.

if you havent saw or know the result, watch. 

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

I liked Warren playing Neil Diamond before the Frampton fight. Frampton will surely fight Selby at Windsor Park after he beats Warrington, it’s not a given but i fancy Selby on pts v Warrington. Warren has the best stable he has had in years if not ever. Just a shame BT cannot match the production values of Sky. 

i was gonna mention the Neil Diamond thing, i know it doesnt necessarily have to be a Matchroom thing but that was a shameless bit of thieving from the opposition 

3 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

i was gonna mention the Neil Diamond thing, i know it doesnt necessarily have to be a Matchroom thing but that was a shameless bit of thieving from the opposition 

I'm sure that's a bit of a tradition at many fight shows, is it not? And has been for years?

It is and has been played before Frampton fights for years because the song is traditonally played before Northern Ireland international matches with "Sweet Caroline" changed to "Sweet Norn Iron". Maybe doesn't come across on TV though, but that's the thinking behind it being played as Frampton fights. The song is massive over here.

Talking of music, apparently it took Carl so long to start his walk in because he was to walk out to 'Something Inside So Strong' and wasn't for moving until it played, but he then realised it wasn't happening.

• Paid Members
On 22/04/2018 at 6:34 AM, Porkchopcash said:

If you get the chance you need to watch Vargas v Broner. Great fight. Shame Fucking Darren Barker did his best to ruin it with his monotone dialect. If you can find the Yank version online watch that with Paulie and co in commentery. 

ill always try and find the US feeds before watching the Sky/Boxnation broadcasts of overseas fights. Some of the commentary they put on them over here is brutal.

• Paid Members

Ha I know, yeah. Ever since it was announced I've felt like it's not happening. And after the insane month we've had of fights going down the shitter, I'll be amazed if Haye makes it to fight night without shattering into pieces.