Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah I saw the Taylor fight listed on Sky Sports Mix, which is a free channel isn't it? 

Wheres the Horn fight airing? Are we getting it on Sky or Box Nation? 

Boxnation yeah for the Horn fight.

Sky Sports Mix is freeee bonus.

• Paid Members

just caught up, but yep, that was pretty special from Billy Joe Saunders. It was reminiscent of Joe Calzaghe/Jeff Lacy, Saunders just made a mug of Lemieux. It firmly puts Saunders name in the hat for a big fight against the winner of Canelo/GGG or someone like Danny Jacobs. Like you said though Pork, despite the performance, it's unlikely gonna turn him into some kind of fan favorite, his personality is always going to hold him back on that front.

• 2 weeks later...

Great article by Elliot Worsell about corruption influencing the WBA's rankings -http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/joe-fournier-is-the-11th-best-light-heavyweight-in-the-world-apparently/

For those of you who might not know who Joe Fournier is; he is the entrepreneur who fought on the undercard of David Haye's comeback on Dave. I had forgotten about him, and presumed he had not done much since then. 

• Paid Members

great move! Amir's career has been in a weird place over the last few years, getting together with Eddie and re-establishing himself over here is the right thing to do in my opinion. The 'I'm a Celebrity Thing' did him no harm whatsoever.

from Eddie Hearn...

“The plan is to box in April and then again in August or September in preparation for a super fight in Winter 2018. The target is to provide him with the biggest fights possible with a mouth-watering list of names including the likes of Manny Pacquiao, Kell Brook, Keith Thurman and Errol Spence. I’m excited to get started and looking forward to a huge night of boxing on April 21.”

There was a rumor floating around before the announcement that there could be a fight with Adrien Broner on the horizon but i can't see that reading that schedule above, looks like it's gonna be a build-up job before landing PPV fight against someone later on at the end of the year...probably Kell Brook.