Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Exactly. He could have a good domestic career. It wasn't like his Dad was ever a big deal outside the UK either to be honest. He stayed here mostly and when he went abroad on that World Tour thing he did he wasn't fighting top competition. He still made a lot of coin though and is remembered as one of our better Boxers. Jr could do similar, obviously on a smaller scale because Boxing isn't as widely publicised here as it was in his Dad's heyday and Benn, Bruno etc.

People need to remember he's only had what, 7 fights? He's not going to be trying to crack the US anytime soon. And if that day ever comes and he comes unstuck then I'm sure he can still make for some good fights on home soil. People are overly harsh on him I think just because of who his Dad is. He's clearly benefitting from his last name in terms of the coverage he gets but he's not his Dad, he's just trying to make a go of his own career.

I agree that from what we're seeing right now I don't see him on world level either. He's got a long way to go but not everyone can be a Mayweather/Pacquiao type of fighter. He can still carve out a good run if they're smart with him.

I heard Eubank Snr wants to up his level of opposition already which I'm not sure he's ready for but what do I know? Maybe he's the type who rises to a challenge. His Dad was like that really. For all the poor fights he had with lesser opponents and going to decisions with them which were heavily criticised, when he was pushed by someone good like a Benn or Watson it brought the best out in him. Jr could be the same.

The jury's out but I hope he makes a good go of it myself.

• Paid Members

Looking forward to Garcia vs Morales 2 tonight. Can't see past a Garcia win but I'd love to see Morales rekindle a bit of his old form and surprise everyone.

Bit of an odd rematch though isn't it. The first fight was good but it seems a strange one to book again right now. Especially with Garcia's momentum being at a career high after the Khan KO. He doesn't have a lot to gain tonight fighting an aging legend at the end of the road, who he's already beat as recently as 7 months ago.

I'll have Garcia on points in an entertaining fight.

Yeh theres some good fights on boxnation tonight and Sky Sports, the fight i am most looking forward to though is Kenny Andersn v Robin Reid, can see that being a right good ruck. Anderson has to be one of the most intimadating men on the planet, there was an interview with him on ringside and even Big johnny said he was a scary man.

I dont know much about Malinagis opponent but you got to think if Malinagi wins and Hatton wins his fight then a rematch is surely on the cards although i am not sure at what weight.

There was talk of Morales beng tested positive for something or other but that has not materialised, i imagine Garcia will win this one as well, can see him stopping him late, Morales looked really good in parts of the first fight but age caught up with him.

I struggle to get excited by Kell Brook, despite his last fight being very good. Apparently he is saying he has alot more power now he has changed his training methods, so i am hoping for a Brook KO. I do think this will be a good fight though, Argentinians like good old ruck - count the number of times jim watt says crude in reference to the Argie fighter

• Paid Members

What a fucking snoozer Bailey vs Alexander was. Just like Bailey vs Jones all over again but without the slightly redeeming feature of a late KO. Awful fight.

Randall Bailey fights so negative. For a guy with the kind of power he has he just does too much standing around. Alexander didn't look much better but he was just active enough to win the rounds.

Shit. Hope the rest of the card picks up. I expect Garcia vs Morales to deliver at least.

Box Nation ran down the next couple of months fights. Looks great;

Nov 1st

Frankie Gavin vs Junior Witter

Nov 3rd

Marco Huck vs Firat Arslan

Nov 9th

Ovill McKenzie vs Enzo Maccarinelli

Nov 10th

Nathan Cleverly vs Ryan Coyne

Abner Mares vs Anselmo Moreno

Nov 17th

Antonio DeMarco vs Adrien Broner

Seth Mitchell vs Jonathan Banks

Nov 24th

Robert Guerrero vs Andre Berto

Sharif Bogere vs Richard Abril

Nov 30th

Liam Walsh vs Paul Truscott

Freddie Flintoff's Boxing debut

Dec 1st

Miguel Cotto vs Austin Trout

Dec 15th

Ricky Burns vs TBA

George Groves vs Glen Johnson

Billy Joe Saunders vs Nick Blackwell

• Paid Members

I've covered the Alexander vs Bailey shite so sod that. Rest of the show was really good.

It was pretty sad to see Morales looking so poor tonight. He's not looked the best physically his whole comeback but at least he was always competitive. Tonight he looked really old. Full credit to Garcia though, he did what he had to do.

That Garcia left hook is money. His style isn't pretty but if he lands that left hook it does some serious damage. Morales even as finished as he is has still been a tough bastard. He's taken some bombs off the likes of Maidana and Garcia himself the first time they fought. But that hook tonight was perfect.

The way Morales fell and almost went through the ropes was scary. And the hook and the way Morales spun around reminded me very much of Iran Barkley's left hook on Duran...

28rmjqt.jpg

It was brutal. Glad Morales finally seems to recongise it's over. He hasn't shamed himself in his comeback. He beat Limond and Cano, gave Maidana a war in a much closer fight than people expected and gave Garcia a good fight the first time.

He's saying one more fight in Mexico and that's it. I hope he sticks to that. Just feed him a scrub in his hometown and let him go out on a win. He deserves that.

I'd like to see Garcia fight Matthyse or Lopez next. Either could be a tremendous fight. A Khan rematch would be good but I'd rather him fight someone else next. He's just fought one rematch, I want to see him fight someone new. Khan's fighting Molina in Dec anyway. Maybe Khan vs Garcia 2 next year.

*Cano vs Malignaggi was good but I thought the decision was bollocks myself. It was competitive and Malignaggi certainly won a bunch of rounds but I had Cano winning 8-4 maybe 7-5 at a push. And the late knockdown sealed it for him for sure for me. Paulie getting the decision reeked of hometown biased judging to me.

*Quillin vs N'dam was a great fight. Loved it, easy FOTN for me. Quillin battered him in rounds 4 and 6 but N'dam hung tough somehow. Some bollocks on him to survive the 5 or 6 knockdowns and still gave a good account of himself the rest of the fight, still winning rounds. In fact without the knockdowns it was a very close fight, the three 10-7 rounds made the difference and was too much for N'dam to overcome. Quillin's an exciting fighter to watch.

Good bunch of fights. I caught Brook's fight at my mate's earlier. Impressive quick fight there. Sounds like he's probably fighting Devon Alexander next from what I'm reading. Haven't seen Reid vs Anderson yet I'll try and watch it tomorrow.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

pacquiao_marquez_4_poster_medium.jpg

Despite thinking Pac vs Bradley 2 was the fight to make, and despite already seeing this 3 times and the last being less than a year ago...I'm really looking forward to part 4.

And balls to predictions. So far, I've disagreed with the decision in all 3 previous fights.

The first fight was scored a draw...

nvqzcg.gif

...I had it for Pacquiao.

Second fight went to Manny...

Marquezlefthookonpacmangif.gif

...I had it for Marquez. Just about.

Third went to Manny again...

mp1.gif

...I had it for Marquez again but this time pretty clearly.

The first 2 I didn't have a big problem with the results because they were ridiculously close. The decision in the 3rd fight I still strongly disagree with.

I enjoyed all 3 fights massively though. Let's hope we get a decisive winner either way this time. Although I'm fully expecting another controversial decision resulting in people declaring Boxing dead and leading to a 5th fight.

Pacquiao-Marquez-IV_s640x427.jpg

1192__375x500_four-horseman.jpg