Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Well i did try & tell you all! This guy is the real deal! Bye bye Fraudley can't really say you will be missed :laugh:

Tonight it was Audley, he was knocked out by a world quality shot that would have ended ANYONE! Also, listen to Fury being interviewed between rounds of the DeGale fight. OK, he comes across as a tool but I think the next 6-9 months will build up to a Fury/Price sell out event in 2013.

Well i did try & tell you all! This guy is the real deal! Bye bye Fraudley can't really say you will be missed :laugh:

Tonight it was Audley, he was knocked out by a world quality shot that would have ended ANYONE! Also, listen to Fury being interviewed between rounds of the DeGale fight. OK, he comes across as a tool but I think the next 6-9 months will build up to a Fury/Price sell out event in 2013.
Nah, Still Fraudley. Yes it was a quality KO but how many punches did the Fraudster throw? Was it one? There was more punches thrown in the DeGale fight than in Fraudley's entire professional "career". Time to hang his boots up & stop robbing the paying public! I think the gypsy could provide Price with a few more problems, But can't see anything other than a Price victory.

• Paid Members

Harrison really should have his license taken away after this, he shouldn't be fighting people who can beat him so easily, the Haye fight went a few rounds but I can't help but imagine Haye could have ended it earlier had he wanted. On a brighter note Eubanks Jr. looked quite good last night, he won on points but absolutely dominated the fight. It's always good too see one of the great legends of British boxing around the sport aswell.

Edited by Inspector Paul Solo

Somebody said on Twitter that despite the last eight years of his professional career (he did OK until he went the full 12 with Julius Francis), he won us our first gold medal in Olympic boxing in 32 years and everything we've achieved since then has come off the back of that. With no Audley, there'd be no lottery funding and I know boxing brings out the worst in all of us but let's cut the hyperbole, he threw plenty of punches in his career.

He had some occasional high water marks, often followed by ridiculous lows that would cause a less delusional man to question his career. KOing Danny Williams and Michael Sprott in rematches and winning Prizefighter was probably as good as it got, showing he was a decent domestic fighter. However, his 12-round stinker against Danny Williams, the KO loss to Sprott in 2007 and his non-performance against David Haye showed just how dismal a fighter he could be on his worst days. It just got to a point in his career where he always seemed to freeze when there was some expectation. He never had a proper jab and thus could never use his long arms to keep his opponents away. If you can divorce Audley the amateur from Audley the pro, maybe we could all have a bit more respect for what he actually achieved in the sport of boxing and achieved for the sport of boxing in this country.

Somebody said on Twitter that despite the last eight years of his professional career (he did OK until he went the full 12 with Julius Francis), he won us our first gold medal in Olympic boxing in 32 years and everything we've achieved since then has come off the back of that. With no Audley, there'd be no lottery funding and I know boxing brings out the worst in all of us but let's cut the hyperbole, he threw plenty of punches in his career.

He had some occasional high water marks, often followed by ridiculous lows that would cause a less delusional man to question his career. KOing Danny Williams and Michael Sprott in rematches and winning Prizefighter was probably as good as it got, showing he was a decent domestic fighter. However, his 12-round stinker against Danny Williams, the KO loss to Sprott in 2007 and his non-performance against David Haye showed just how dismal a fighter he could be on his worst days. It just got to a point in his career where he always seemed to freeze when there was some expectation. He never had a proper jab and thus could never use his long arms to keep his opponents away. If you can divorce Audley the amateur from Audley the pro, maybe we could all have a bit more respect for what he actually achieved in the sport of boxing and achieved for the sport of boxing in this country.

I did divorce his amateur achievements by saying how shit his Professinal "career" was! When he turned pro i seem to remember he had a promotional team that consisted of a bunch of tosser trying to pay as little as possible to potential opponents, Nobody would fight him because he would not pay the going rate for a fellow pro to get in the ring & put his life on the line.

He has had a fairly long pro career & your list of high points is rather poor IMHO. Like i say, Bye bye Fraudley you will not be missed. But well done for getting far more money than you actually ever deserved.

• Paid Members

I did divorce his amateur achievements by saying how shit his Professinal "career" was! When he turned pro i seem to remember he had a promotional team that consisted of a bunch of tosser trying to pay as little as possible to potential opponents, Nobody would fight him because he would not pay the going rate for a fellow pro to get in the ring & put his life on the line.

He has had a fairly long pro career & your list of high points is rather poor IMHO. Like i say, Bye bye Fraudley you will not be missed. But well done for getting far more money than you actually ever deserved.

Stop calling him Fraudley for fucks sake. You read like the most annoying bastard.

• Paid Members

Want to see a awesome boxing fight?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVL_dKC-Uyk

Rios V Alverado from last night.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I don't know what is more minging Rios power or his tattoos. Alverado looked very good to me (1st time i've seen him.) Be looking for him in the future.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Stop calling him Fraudley for fucks sake. You read like the most annoying bastard.

Well i do have a mother & father so can't really agree with the "Bastard" charge? I love the way people on here are continually rude & aggressive to annoy other people who have different opinions or are deemed as "Shit posters", I prefare to annoy others by just being myself :laugh: