Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Chavez vs Martinez and Alvarez vs Lopez tomorrow then? Looking forward to it. Also looking forward to the De Leon/Gonzalez fight on the Alvarez undercard as well. Looks like a great night of fights tomorrow.

Who's everyone picking? I like Chavez by stoppage around the 9th/10th and Alvarez probably on points.

i think martinez by late stoppage or pts, i think he will be on chavez early, unlike the macklin and barker fights, gutted it's on primetime as will not se it live.

alvarez by stoppage or knockout, if lopez fights like he did against ortiz, i think alvarez will stop or knock him out. he wont be able to keep coming forward against alvarez as i believ he will have to much power for him.

billy joe saunders v fletcher tonight, don't know much about fletcher but seen him on buncey this week and he seems pretty up for it. They mentioned he beat degale in the amatuers, think at the commonwealth games a few yrs back. hopefully will be a good ruck.

• Paid Members
alvarez by stoppage or knockout, if lopez fights like he did against ortiz, i think alvarez will stop or knock him out. he wont be able to keep coming forward against alvarez as i believ he will have to much power for him.

Yeah you're probably right actually, that kind of approach won't work against Canelo.

Martinez vs Chavez 24/7

Eps 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBK2HEK03Do

Eps 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZHIMJg3QE

Martinez vs Chavez - Face Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Ob-jxYjOY...feature=related

Really enjoyed the build up to this fight.

Chavez_Martinez1A.jpg

Also;

Alvarez vs Lopez - All Access

Edited by wandshogun09

Yeah you're probably right actually, that kind of approach won't work against Canelo.

Martinez vs Chavez 24/7

Eps 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBK2HEK03Do

Eps 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFZHIMJg3QE

Martinez vs Chavez - Face Off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87Ob-jxYjOY...feature=related

Really enjoyed the build up to this fight.

Chavez_Martinez1A.jpg

Also;

Alvarez vs Lopez - All Access

really enjoyed that face-face, chavez seems a cool confident chap doesnt he and he looks huge as well. Hasn't he had urine samples go missing in the past and also shot out of the arena after the lee fight without giving a urine sample as well? should be a good fight. I have just seen the pix of chave at the weigh in, he looks extremely weight drained, after seeing those pics i am definately going with martinez on pts or late stoppage.

khan has departed from roach.

Also billy joe saunders looked excellent lastnight against fletcher. There was alos this young middleweight on the bill, i cant remember his name, had great support, it was only his 6th fight as well but he looked quality, knocked someoe out. Good looking bloke as well, could be very marketable.

• Paid Members

You're thinking of Frank Buglioni mate. He looked great didn't he. He's 6-0 with 4 KOs now. Its early days obviously but I like him. Saunders had a great showing as well.

Yeah there's been a couple of dodgy incidents involving Chavez Jr and his piss. He did look very gaunt at the weigh in. I'm expecting a really good fight tonight though. I've always liked Martinez to win, if Chavez pulls it off though it will shut the doubters up and be a bit of a starmaking fight for him. Even if he loses but looks good in defeat he'll probably get more respect.

The build up has been top drawer I think. The Face Off and 24/7 were all excellent and in large part that's down to Chavez I reckon. The stuff about him and his dad has been interesting to watch. He's certainly a bit of a cocky fucker but I don't mind him. I'm a big fan of his dad so I'd like to see him do well in his own right. Just think Martinez will prove too much for him tonight but we'll see.

I'm going Martinez by 10th round TKO.

You're thinking of Frank Buglioni mate. He looked great didn't he. He's 6-0 with 4 KOs now. Its early days obviously but I like him. Saunders had a great showing as well.

Yeah there's been a couple of dodgy incidents involving Chavez Jr and his piss. He did look very gaunt at the weigh in. I'm expecting a really good fight tonight though. I've always liked Martinez to win, if Chavez pulls it off though it will shut the doubters up and be a bit of a starmaking fight for him. Even if he loses but looks good in defeat he'll probably get more respect.

The build up has been top drawer I think. The Face Off and 24/7 were all excellent and in large part that's down to Chavez I reckon. The stuff about him and his dad has been interesting to watch. He's certainly a bit of a cocky fucker but I don't mind him. I'm a big fan of his dad so I'd like to see him do well in his own right. Just think Martinez will prove too much for him tonight but we'll see.

I'm going Martinez by 10th round TKO.

Yup, definetely Frank. The Boxnation guys love him and so do promoters as he is a guaranteed ticket seller due to his travelling fan base. BJ was actually talking about it last week on Buncies show how they had 3 or 4 real ticket sellers on there making for a hot crowd. Again, BJ looked the absoloute tits. The more I see, the more I like and definetely my fave of the 2008 Olympic pros.

Looking forward to tonights action. How do people think Macklin will do?

I'm hoping that Chavez gets a good beating in this fight, he seems cocky and doesn't want to put in the graft to get to the top. The way he's treated Roach during the build-up has been nothing short of disgraceful.

Hopefully Martinez takes him out.

Overslept today, as I will no doubt be up until the wee hours tonight I will watch Martinez vs Chavez live. Thanks for the countdown stuff, will took into that later.

Got my tickets for Hatton yesterday, it maybe a farce but I want to see the man fight, the atmosphere will be electric. Behind Prince Naz he is my favorite boxer ever.

• Paid Members

Macklin vs Alcine should be a good'un. Not sure who wins to be honest. It's a tough fight for Macklin, I think Alcine is a little bit underrated actually. I'll go Macklin on points but won't be surprised if Alcine takes it.

Heads up as well... there's loads of free stuff on Primetime tonight. There's a free card from York Hall showing from 7pm followed by a bunch of Martinez vs Chavez build up.

Then the PPV starts at 2am with Macklin vs Alcine as the opener...

Sergio Martinez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr

Miguel Beltran Jr vs Roman Martinez

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs Robert Marroquin

Matthew Macklin vs Joachim Alcine

Looks a tidy show. Looking forward to seeing Rigondeaux again. He looked outstanding on the Pac/Bradley undercard and there's talk of him fighting Donaire in the nearish future which I'd love to see.

The Alvarez vs Lopez card looks good as well...

Saul Alvarez vs Josesito Lopez

Daniel Ponce De Leon vs Jhonny Gonzalez

Marcos Maidana vs Jesus Soto Karass

Leo Santa Cruz vs Eric Morel

• Paid Members

Just read that there will be an interview with Paul Williams, his first since his career ending accident, to air on the Canelo vs Lopez show tonight. The show he was set to fight Canelo on originally. Don't know if it will be on the Box Nation broadcast but it will be good to see how he's doing. Sad story.

read an interview with paul williams in boxing news a couple of weeks ago, a truly inspiring charachter.

hatton return press conference in full.

great hatton tribute, really hope he does well in his comeback....don't want him to get embaressed by fighters who couldnt hold a candle to him in his prime.

love this entrance, one of the best in boxing ever - haton castillio

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members
Have to say this, the co-commentator on the Alvarez/Lopez show is the most annoying ever. His whiny voice, repeating the same things over and over and he will not shut up!

I'm watching Martinez vs Chavez tonight so won't see Alvarez vs Lopez until tomorrow, who's commentating on the Alvarez vs Lopez show?

Box Nation have had some fuck awful commentators on there lately for the US shows. Whoever the twat was announcing on the Mayweather vs Cotto fight was absolutely rotten. A verbal blowjob to the point he might as well have just taken off his headset and went down on Floyd in the corner between rounds. Mayweather won the fight no question, but that commentator was so far up his arse Floyd was probably about to cough him up.