Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I think the fact that it has been built on a total farce makes me want to see it even more. I hate build ups where two fighters who should be looking to destroy each other, end up sucking each other off. Best example I can think of is Pacquiao/Mosely. It was ridiculous, especially during the match where they kept touching gloves.

At least with Haye and Chisora, there's a chance that reserved tactics will be out the window, and the two will just want to do 12 rounds of Prizefighter.

David Haye is a smart fighter, if you think you are going to be in for a 12 round prize fighter you are totally wrong. I imagine Haye will start cautious like he has always done at heavyweight, then if he feels he can take Delboys punches he will up his attack. If he can't he will punch his way to victory on the back foot. If he can take Delboys shots then i imagine he will up his game late and maybe try to stop him. All haye has to do is win relatively convincingly and he should get a fight against Vitali, who at this this in their careers i think Haye would beat him and set up a rematch with Wlad - 3 fights - 10 million at least. Whoever slags Haye off as a clown as no clue about boxing, he's a propper prize fighter, he fights for prizes, big prizes and although not my cup of tea as a heavyweight fighter - great cruiser - he is smart and he will retire rich with all his faculties in place which i believe is a good thing yeh?

I actually think Haye would beat Vitali if they fight, however Vitali plans on retiring after his next fight against someone I have never heard of who is meant to be a bit shit.

Wlad vs Haye may not happen either, his manager is sick of British fighters. However, the division is so thin maybe they will get it made.

Haye could do worse than fighting Povetkin if he beats Del Boy, who he would beat soundly. In fact Chisora maybe should do the same thing if he should win.

I actually think Haye would beat Vitali if they fight, however Vitali plans on retiring after his next fight against someone I have never heard of who is meant to be a bit shit.

Wlad vs Haye may not happen either, his manager is sick of British fighters. However, the division is so thin maybe they will get it made.

Haye could do worse than fighting Povetkin if he beats Del Boy, who he would beat soundly. In fact Chisora maybe should do the same thing if he should win.

i dont think haye would fight any one other than vitali if he beats chisora, he doesnt need the money or hassle. i dont think big V will retire on such a poor scalp, i do think he will fight haye and think he wants to fight haye, as haye said on beyond the ropes he was in serious talks to fight him befre the chisora debacle. anyway - unrelated - classic short clip below.......

also just watched moore maclin 2009 - a war. Moore is an absoloute gent, after the fight his beaviour is nothing sort of spectactular, telling a rabid crowd to stop cheering and doesnt celebrate either thinking macklin is hurt, hes great on ringside as well. looks cool as fuck with his tats nowadays.

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members
Both Chisora and Haye are a joke. This fight they're having is basically a freakshow bout that came about because both of them acted like thugs in Germany.

It's pretty sad that boxing in the UK has come to this kind of shite.

i don't see how it's a bad thing when 18,000 tickets have been sold already. People wanna see these guys fight, so lets see it.

I can't wait, i loves me a grudge match.

Just because something sells doesn't mean it isn't a joke, Ebb. I know you rock that simplistic "I just wanna see fights" view, and that's fair enough, but you can't deny that the fight is built on a total farce.

why's it a farce? just because you don't like the way it was put together? or because you think it was set up?

Say Pacquaio vs Mayweather happens. That has been a panto for the last 2 years. Are you saying you wouldn't watch that? 'Oh but thats different, that is the best 2 pound for pound fighters blah blah blah'... no, same context. It has been built up to SELL a fight IF it happens, just like this one has. Haye was the best british heavyweight we had at the time. Name another british fighter that had a sniff of beating Valuev in 2009? No-one. The british public love an underdog, not a cocky genunie talent (see Naseem during his day and, to an extent, Froch until the super 6). Part of me wishes he remained at Cruiserweight where he was, without doubt, untouchable but can't help but admire his ambitions. I am sure a loss to a Klitschko will look awful on his record when he finally retires :rolleyes: ...

I am interested to see how Cory Spinks does tonight. I think he will get his revenge on Bundrage but there is still that nagging doubt in my mind...

Looking ahead, the 3 fights I am really looking forward to are Tavoris Cloud vs. Jean Pascal, Andre Ward vs. Chad Dawson and, most of all, Ricky Burns Vs Kevin Mitchell. 3 different fights but think all of them have potential to be absoloute crackers.

• Paid Members
I think the fact that it has been built on a total farce makes me want to see it even more. I hate build ups where two fighters who should be looking to destroy each other, end up sucking each other off.

By "sucking each other off" I assume you mean actually have respect for their opponent and act with a certain level of decency? You mention the Pacquiao/Mosely fight, but I don't recall them mentioning bad blood or wanting to "destroy each other" before the fight.

No, I meant Pacquiao/Mosely as an example of two fighters sucking each other off.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all sorts of build up when it comes to boxing, but when there is genuine hatred between the two fighters is adds that extra bit of spice for me.

why's it a farce? just because you don't like the way it was put together? or because you think it was set up?

It's a farce because both fighters acted in a ridiculous fashion, and as a result Chisora had his licence revoked, whilst Haye wasn't even licenced in the first place by the BBofC. They then go and get licenced by the fucking Luxembourg Boxing Federation?

It's made a complete farce of the Governing body in this country, and I personally find that pretty sad.

Say Pacquaio vs Mayweather happens. That has been a panto for the last 2 years. Are you saying you wouldn't watch that? 'Oh but thats different, that is the best 2 pound for pound fighters blah blah blah'... no, same context. It has been built up to SELL a fight IF it happens, just like this one has.

You aren't comparing the Haye/Chisora fight to any possible bout between Pacquaio and Mayweather, are you?

Say Pacquaio vs Mayweather happens. That has been a panto for the last 2 years. Are you saying you wouldn't watch that? 'Oh but thats different, that is the best 2 pound for pound fighters blah blah blah'... no, same context. It has been built up to SELL a fight IF it happens, just like this one has.

You aren't comparing the Haye/Chisora fight to any possible bout between Pacquaio and Mayweather, are you?

Uisng build up to sell a fight to sell a fight as a 'grudge match', there are very direct parallels. The participants are light years apart but I am on about promotion and selling tickets and 'punters' who think a fight between a homophobic politician and a convicted woman abuser is much more acceptable then two British fighters who have gone from a brawl to settling it in the ring.

Edited by rubbafish

Uisng build up to sell a fight to sell a fight as a 'grudge match', there are very direct parallels. The participants are light years apart but I am on about promotion and selling tickets and 'punters' who think a fight between a homophobic politician and a convicted woman abuser is much more acceptable then two British fighters who have gone from a brawl to settling it in the ring.

When both of those guys are fighting after getting their licences either revoked or refused then you have a comparison. Chisora and Haye were hitting each other with fucking bottles and threatening to shoot one another.

A bit of a difference there.

When both of those guys are fighting after getting their licences either revoked or refused then you have a comparison. Chisora and Haye were hitting each other with fucking bottles and threatening to shoot one another.

Well, there was one bottle involved and that was stupid. However, Mayweather has been calling Pacquiao a 'faggot', 'little yellow chump' along with numerous accusations of 'power pellets' being taken by Manny. Again I state same shit, different shade and flavour.

Well, there was one bottle involved and that was stupid. However, Mayweather has been calling Pacquiao a 'faggot', 'little yellow chump' along with numerous accusations of 'power pellets' being taken by Manny. Again I state same shit, different shade and flavour.

Yeah, it's exactly the same.

People like the hype before a fight and we all know stupidity sells. Morally the fight isn't right after what happened, but things like this have happened before and will happen again. The build up beforehand will be more exciting then the fight itself. Haye will just use his superior boxing skills to keep Chisora at bay and win a wide points decision.

People like the hype before a fight and we all know stupidity sells. Morally the fight isn't right after what happened, but things like this have happened before and will happen again. The build up beforehand will be more exciting then the fight itself. Haye will just use his superior boxing skills to keep Chisora at bay and win a wide points decision.

You think? I see Haye by knockout. I see Chisora letting his heart rule his head and Haye will catch him like he did Enzo all those years ago.

You think? I see Haye by knockout. I see Chisora letting his heart rule his head and Haye will catch him like he did Enzo all those years ago.

The one thing I don't question about Chisora is his chin. The guy can take a punch and I'd be amazed if Haye knocked him out. I think something we can all agree with about Enzo is his chin has been gone since that Haye fight. Enzo likes to fight with his head up, Chisora has a good defence, keeps his gloves up high and chin low. It be spectacular if Haye could knock him out.