Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

That's good. I've got it anyway but it's good to know that if there's a really dead spell I can just cancel it until it picks up again. And it's great for people who only want certain fights. When you think a fight like Haye vs Harrison cost

Mayweather is still the best money spinner in the fight game. He generates such interest and drama in his fights. Looking forward to Gary Sykes taking on Adrien Broner for the World title too. Like both fighters and I'm a big fan of domestic fighters like Gary over here so it'll be interesting to see how he fairs.

• Paid Members
Benn vs Juan Carlos Gimenez is on tonight at 12:30 mate, and when i put the supposed naz fight on, there was a reid fight on instead, he sparked some lad out carnt remember his name

I didn't get in in time to watch it in the end but cheers for the info.

Bit of an odd choice to show for a Benn fight that. Of all the entertaining fights the Dark Destroyer had over the years, I'd say that one with Gimenez was one of his least exciting outings. And to top it all off there was a riot in the crowd which nearly caused the fight to get called off at one point if I remember right.

Two good fight on Saturday night on Ringside. The Crolla fight really exciting, I did actually think that Matthews might have a bit much experience for him after they showed the build up to it on Ringside last Thursday. I think Crolla will come good again and I think he will learn from this and come back a better fighter. Both fighters showed great heart throughout the fight and the atmosphere in the building looked quality.

I did not see the Degale fight but by all accounts is was a reasonably comfortable win for him. It said he was offered the shot at the WBO belt which Groves pulled out of due to his nose injury, but he turned it down.

Did anyone see the Frank Bruno Piers Morgan life interview on Friday night? Bruno looked in great shape physically but seemed a bit of an awkward interview, it has since came out that he omitted himself to hospital since the interview due to his ongoing battle with Bipolar.

I read in the Frank Warren column in The Sun on Saturday that Bruno wanted to come out of retirement 10 years ago to fight Big Audley and also recently wanted to come out and fight Chisoras, but the BBBC would never issue him a licence due to his eye injury. I would have liked to have seen him fight Audley, would have been an interesting fight.

As I fighter I never rated Bruno, he could take a punch and also give one but had no engine, he was always vulnerable after the 5th or 6th round and I don

• Paid Members

Finally got round to seeing Derry Matthews vs Anthony Crolla last night. Really enjoyed it, probably the best domestic fight this year so far. I think I'd still rate Salido vs Lopez 2 above it though as far as FOTY is concerned so far this year. Great fight though and it was nice to see Matthews get the W.

Did anyone see the Frank Bruno Piers Morgan life interview on Friday night? Bruno looked in great shape physically but seemed a bit of an awkward interview, it has since came out that he omitted himself to hospital since the interview due to his ongoing battle with Bipolar.

I read in the Frank Warren column in The Sun on Saturday that Bruno wanted to come out of retirement 10 years ago to fight Big Audley and also recently wanted to come out and fight Chisoras, but the BBBC would never issue him a licence due to his eye injury. I would have liked to have seen him fight Audley, would have been an interesting fight.

As I fighter I never rated Bruno, he could take a punch and also give one but had no engine, he was always vulnerable after the 5th or 6th round and I don