A Message from MEW

Daniel Fitch

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, who was booked on this one MEW show?

Raven, Sandman (as a "surprise"), Doug Williams, Jonny Storm, Darren Buridge, Joe Legend, among others. Despite a few criticisms, it was actually a pretty decent show. Lowlight, however, was the esteemed chairman of the promotion marching (sorry, mincing. Worth getting the DVD alone for the way Dan walks) out to the ring, preceeding to put himself over as somesort of Bill Watts-type commissioner when lead heel Aries was threatening a walkout. Credit to Aries, he made it look as though he was shitting himself over the prospect of getting a slap. One of the funniest things I saw all year, really, though probably not in a good way...

Someone should email a link to this thread to Honky Tonk, Shark Boy et al. A true professional at work... :rolleyes:

I think Honky Tonk is aware, just by the fact that he's booked on the show, that Dan is stupid and unprofessional.
Actually, I’m guessing Honky may be one of the few people in the world as deluded and self involved as Dan.

Guest kingofhats

When I was affiliated with 1PW, I said on here that Dan appeared a poor 1PW ripoff. I didn't get a good reception on here (wow, imagine THAT?) for saying it.Now I'm no longer involved with 1PW, I think it's just fair to say that Dan has proved he's a complete plum who either a) cares too much what people on this forum think, or b) cares enough what people on this forum think to attempt to work them because surely he's not as moronic as this thread implies....Mind you, I still have it on good authority from wrestlers who know, that he IS this stupid. Dan took me to task over the fact that I wouldn't name names as to who had said this last time, but said wrestlers in question said to me 'Give him time, he'll soon show what an idiot he is in public, and then it won't matter who said it - he'll have proved it'; and so the case has proven itself.

Guest kingofhats

At the time I made the comment, I was making reference to how most of the US talent on his first show were people that 1PW had brought over for their first show.I didn't say MEW is STILL a rip-off of 1PW, as with all due respect to Steven/1PW; I don't tend to keep too much of an eye on what they do now as I consider the majority of it a chapter of my life now closed, whilst still wishing them the best and being some kind of content in knowing I helped Steven start 1PW. Therefore, I wouldn't feel in a position to compare the two now. :nerd: Although saying that, it's clear enough which one is doing well for itself and which one isn't. And as for Dan/MEW, I only look at that as a source of amusement. :smug:

When I was affiliated with 1PW, I said on here that Dan appeared a poor 1PW ripoff.

I hate to defend the guy (vaguely) but how is MEW a 1PW rip off?
1PW – We’ve got Bret Hart, Charlie Haas and AJ Styles!Dan – Hmmm, they’re doing good business with a legend, a former WWE star and an Indy Darling…<Hires Honky, Mark Jindrak and Shark Boy>

Comparing Styles to Sharkboy and Hart to Honky is tenuous to say the least. You might as well say any new promotion in the UK is ripping off All Star because they've used Yokozuna, American Dragon & Gangrel.Most promotions try and cover all bases in terms of International imports with differing results.

To be honest, MEW does remind me more of an All Star show with scary high prices than a UK Supershow.

When I was affiliated with 1PW, I said on here that Dan appeared a poor 1PW ripoff. I didn't get a good reception on here (wow, imagine THAT?) for saying it.Now I'm no longer involved with 1PW, I think it's just fair to say that Dan has proved he's a complete plum who either a) cares too much what people on this forum think, or b) cares enough what people on this forum think to attempt to work them because surely he's not as moronic as this thread implies....Mind you, I still have it on good authority from wrestlers who know, that he IS this stupid. Dan took me to task over the fact that I wouldn't name names as to who had said this last time, but said wrestlers in question said to me 'Give him time, he'll soon show what an idiot he is in public, and then it won't matter who said it - he'll have proved it'; and so the case has proven itself.

At the time I made the comment, I was making reference to how most of the US talent on his first show were people that 1PW had brought over for their first show.I didn't say MEW is STILL a rip-off of 1PW, as with all due respect to Steven/1PW; I don't tend to keep too much of an eye on what they do now as I consider the majority of it a chapter of my life now closed, whilst still wishing them the best and being some kind of content in knowing I helped Steven start 1PW. Therefore, I wouldn't feel in a position to compare the two now.  Although saying that, it's clear enough which one is doing well for itself and which one isn't. And as for Dan/MEW, I only look at that as a source of amusement.

I'm sorry, and I am not sticking up for Dandaman here, but you, Stanisforth are the biggest hypocrit on here. You come on here like your shit smells sweeter than this guys. If he has booked the wrong people, or people are starting to see he hasn't got a clue, than at least he got 1 show out of the way, and what looks like a second one about to go. You didn't even get 1 show with 1PW before they saw through you like a green house. You can say you left all you like, but they realised that you were a tool and didn't need you. So don't pretend to be all high and mighty when you are just another dickhead who thinks he means something out there. Talk about Pot calling the kettle.... you annoy me you pathetic little tit! Edited by heatstealer

To be honest, MEW does remind me more of an All Star show with scary high prices than a UK Supershow.

:yinyang: it's strange that you say that because everyone(myself included) who was working as ring sercurity or as runners or ref's etc for his first show said that if they were not doing a job and getting into the show for free they wouldn't have showed up because of the prices :yinyang: Don't get me wrong the show itself was good but if i didn't know how good the show was going to be i wouldn't have went Edited by insert_name_here

it's strange that you say that because everyone(myself included) who was working as ring sercurity or as runners or ref's etc for his first show said that if they were not doing a job and getting into the show for free they wouldn't have showed up because of the prices

Not that this forum's reaction should affect the shows attendance one bit, but I think if the highest ticket prices for the show had been capped at Edited by alex shane's selling ability