*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

On 4/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

This any of you guys? Serious collection here:

Sweet Jesus! That is insane.

I have a small wrestling shelf with pops, books, biographies, blu rays, dvds and a few retro wrestling figures but nothing like that and I definitely don't have any unopened copies.

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing, and liking it.

More interested in the Dairylea ad.

I've heard few bigger crocks of shit that Hogan talking about Warrior in WCW as if him mentioning Mania 6 in the debut promo killed interest. Did it balls. Oh, and his other classic, that Warrior's pr

Posted Images

• Paid Members

What's mad is that it's all WWE stuff. I have a few shelves of wrestling DVDs and books, and I think there's two WWE DVDs in the bunch - I got rid of most of them when moving house, as I figured the Network made them redundant.

But I can't imagine wanting to go out of my way to own that much wrestling shit and not broadening my horizons beyond that one company. Maybe it's more about having a collection than it is about wrestling.

But it's something I come across quite often, even among people trying to get into the business, that they *only* know WWE. I don't mean people who have seen other promotions and just prefer WWE's product, I mean people who are diehard WWE fans and don't even realise that other wrestling companies exist. I saw a guy on Twitter recently who had "aspiring WWE superstar" in his bio - all he did was post workout photos and videos while tagging the Performance Center, he'd never wrestled or trained anywhere else, he was just waiting for WWE to notice him. 

• Paid Members

Eddie G vs. Johnny Swinger from Pro in 1995. Eddie is as brilliantly silky as ever. The finish is delivered so beautifully. 

Wrestling really misses guys hitting the national scene who were already as brilliant and unique as this. You can't teach the experience and variety you need to get to this point.

There is an element of it in AEW with guys bringing their own experience and character but they are still very green and have no big time experience. 

Eddie's look though? Fucking hell. The muzzy has to go.

From earlier in the year, Earthquake vs. Duggan. This is right out of 1991 WWF. I know we go on about it all the time but Tenta, looking like a relic, is only THIRTY-ONE here! (Ricochet is 31 now.) 

It's a lesson in working smart though. Pretty sure Quake takes one bump. His elastic legs when Duggan is trying to knock him off his feet before the finish are amazing.

Beefcake and Sullivan running in doesn't help them look any less old and lame. 

I was ready to write off that Duggan Quake match but that reach toward the camera while he was in the bear hug and that Terminator 2 thumbs up were amazing. I know Duggan's a bit of a joke when it comes to anything athletic (some of those bumps were just embarrassing) but watching his selling, including knocking himself out with a headbutt, stomping around Ho'ing, and nearly conking out the ref swinging his flag like an idiot, he'd've been 4 year old me's favourite wrestler for 10 minutes.

Edited by CavemanLynn
  • Paid Members

I love Duggan having Quake cowering from his 2x4 before the match, then just turning and smiling at the fans so they know he's enjoyed fucking with him. Great touch.

Not Youtube but notable for 2 reasons for me:

Samoa Joe and Takeshi Morishima brawl.
One - just how crazy the crowd went for something so simple like a pull-apart.
Two - what in the fuck is Alex fucking Shane doing there?! Honestly, I was watching it and went 'Is that...? It is! What the fuck!?'

20 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Two - what in the fuck is Alex fucking Shane doing there?! Honestly, I was watching it and went 'Is that...? It is! What the fuck!?'

FWA and ROH had a working relationship at the time.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:31 PM, Otto Dem Wanz said:

This any of you guys? Serious collection here:

The owner of this video is actually a good friend of mine, so I'm happy to see this video here. He like myself collected for the love of silvervision and the tagged classics.

When I moved out with the mrs, I had so many VHS' but had to give them up, and then the TC's came along, it started a collection again for me.

I can't speak for him, but I like having my own library of physical media and I know most will think it's daft but that's ok with me. To each their own.

• Paid Members

Funny little bit in the latest youTube supercut of Feb 1994. Bastion Booger on guest comms, fuck knows why, and he starts "choking". Vince starts yelling "BOOGER'S CHOKING. THERE'S NO WAY ANYONE WILL BE ABLE TO DO THE HEIMLICH (WHAT A MANOEUVRE!). I THINK WE'RE GOING TO HAVE OUR FIRST FATALITY ON MONDAY NIGHT RAW".

Cue camera cutting to a Bob Holly suplex and Booger and McMahon sitting quietly at ringside.

image.png.3d54ef9f683e8aad4be7a5cb3b14216d.png

9 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Nasty Boys v Legion of Doom on the Arsenio Hall Show in 1991.

Fucking hell, that's really weird I was reading an old Observer just now, read about this and came to post it. 

About 3 minutes of this is taken up by someone singing the US national anthem, completely seriously.