Sign in to follow this  
quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

I wish people would stop interviewing him for the controversy clicks. Every few months it seems he pops up in an interview saying how he's going to wrestle, and how he knows he can be this major star, and so on, but he's never committed to training anywhere, and the closest thing to a booking he's ever had was cancelled because he was ratted out for being untrained.

It's not like there's not a ton of promotions who would book him in spite of/because of his name, if he actually put the bare minimum effort in. But at the moment he's just a fantasist - though one who's fantasies are inexorably tied up in grief and his surname and everything else.

Ive listened to half the interview and he does come off as a bit delusional about a career in wrestling, he's talking about working in AEW and New Japan, mentioning that he's tried to get into New Japan but its the hardest promotion to get into before letting on that he's never even trained properly yet has gear ready to make his debut as Chris Benoit Jr.

I cant even imagine how it must be living in his situation but his denial of what his father did and how he doesn't seem to grasp that its something that's always gonna have a massive black cloud over it is a little baffling.

He reminds me of a character in a work of fiction who is just a fucking weirdo, and then it comes out that they’ve got this horrible traumatic backstory that’s fucked them up good and proper. Van Vliet usually comes off as a harmless starfucker bimbo in his wrestling interviews, but it’s shady that he’s done this. Nobody should be giving David Benoit attention and encouraging this nonsense for the sake of some clicks. He looks like he hasn’t slept in years.

To be honest it should hardly be surprising that David Flair Benoit is fucked up. He must have had a torrid time growing up, so I have a lot of sympathy.

I'm ten times more annoyed by those weird workrate perves who come out of the woodwork every now and then and insist, with all seriousness, that his bland, murdering bastard of a father deserves a Hall of Fame spot. 

Edited by garynysmon

34 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

To be honest it should hardly be surprising that David Flair is fucked up. He must have had a torrid time growing up, so I have a lot of sympathy.

I'm ten times more annoyed by those weird workrate perves who come out of the woodwork every now and then and insist, with all seriousness, that his bland, murdering bastard of a father deserves a Hall of Fame spot. 

Bit harsh on Ric.

David Benoit sounds like a nice guy. Breaks my heart to listen to him though. I was happy to hear the CTE results gave him some closure. 

He’s obviously filled with wrestling dreams.
I hope he finds someone in his life, starts a family and lives happily ever after. Screw Pro Wrestling.

Would break my heart to see him in front of 35 fans wrestling as a Tribute act.