Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Both parts of the awesome 10-man tag from Raw in February 2000.
I have posted this essentially because of the crowd reaction - seriously, any wrestling company would kill for a reaction like this nowadays. Infact, I dont think its possible to get a reaction like this nowadays.
Crowd is loud and into EVERYTHING in the match - they never let up once - just a genuine, hot crowd not bothered about work rate and loving everything that is being presented to them.
... and just when you think they can't get any rowdier Kane shows up looking like the baddest mother fucker on the planet! 
'Wrestling has never been better' my arse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJsnmehd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5NqkMGuM8

Everyone is over like rover. The emotional connection from the crowd is fucking insane.

This was well into the internet era and a no doubt 90% smart crowd yet they're totally in the moment.

Cool shit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Not a fucking chance. 

Agreed. It was a crowd that was emotionally invested in what was going on and reacted accordingly - and not just reacting to a big move or a dive but going absolutely batshit crazy for the entire match. If you look at it objectively the wrestlers did nothing special because they didn't have to, the crowd was eating out of the palm of their hands for everything they did.

Noticeable was the lack of the cliched chants that have become the norm. No 'This is awesome'. No 'Fight forever'. Just a genuine 'losing yourself in the moment and enjoying what you are seeing' pro wrestling crowd.

God, I miss them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/6Qav_HLilPI

I put this on expecting a sprint between Bret and big Ron, but fucking hell, this is 8 minutes of madness. Entrances different from the usual choreography, run ins on commentary, run ins in-ring, and one of the best 'disappearing-into-the-crowd' shots I've seen. A genuine sense of bedlam without the need for a cameraman to feign spaghetti legs. Just 8 fucking minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, Snitsky's back acne said:

Agreed. It was a crowd that was emotionally invested in what was going on and reacted accordingly - and not just reacting to a big move or a dive but going absolutely batshit crazy for the entire match. If you look at it objectively the wrestlers did nothing special because they didn't have to, the crowd was eating out of the palm of their hands for everything they did.

Noticeable was the lack of the cliched chants that have become the norm. No 'This is awesome'. No 'Fight forever'. Just a genuine 'losing yourself in the moment and enjoying what you are seeing' pro wrestling crowd.

God, I miss them.

I just meant 90% knew the spectacle was predetermined. Not that they were joyless angry smart-marks living with their mum at 42 AEW workrate smarks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Bret thought it was the shits judging by him post-match!

Bret hated that the Harts has been made out to be racists , he wanted no part of any of it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Louch said:

Bret hated that the Harts has been made out to be racists , he wanted no part of any of it 

Can't blame him really.
He already had one foot out the door by this point anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I genuinely have no recollection of this, but it is just awesome!
The Miz and John Morrison rap against Cryme Tyme in THE whitest thing you have ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvA1Z4iyVE

What was up with The Miz's voice? Gotta have a fart noise in there for Vince. It's horrendous but in a brilliant way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I genuinely have no recollection of this, but it is just awesome!
The Miz and John Morrison rap against Cryme Tyme in THE whitest thing you have ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnvA1Z4iyVE

To be fair to them, that Dirtsheet show they done around 2008 was a fairly early example of the kind of online self promotion that would become almost mandatory for anyone in the lower to mid card who WWE didn't have proper programs for. I remember the pair ripping on Punk during an ECW match only for moral adjudicator JBL to get started on them backstage over it later on, saying it made Punk look bad heading into Survivor Series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...