Sign in to follow this  
quote the raven

*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

On 10/27/2019 at 11:42 PM, garynysmon said:

TBH i'd rather see CM Punk in the announce booth than anything else these days.

I’m guessing Vince never bothered with the women’s NXT considering Punk just spent every week shitting all over it. And then become world champion. 

The absolute best 12 minute random Lucha indy match of four burly guys in black whose tactic is to chuck people about and four skinny guys (mainly) in blue whose tactic is to fly around. Takes a couple of minutes to get going but then it gets mental.

Both parts of the awesome 10-man tag from Raw in February 2000.
I have posted this essentially because of the crowd reaction - seriously, any wrestling company would kill for a reaction like this nowadays. Infact, I dont think its possible to get a reaction like this nowadays.
Crowd is loud and into EVERYTHING in the match - they never let up once - just a genuine, hot crowd not bothered about work rate and loving everything that is being presented to them.
... and just when you think they can't get any rowdier Kane shows up looking like the baddest mother fucker on the planet! 
'Wrestling has never been better' my arse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYVJsnmehd4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i5NqkMGuM8

I once did a wrestling psychology seminar in which we were shown that match, and basically broke it down into component parts to show when they hit all the right notes and everything. It's an expertly put together match, as close to perfect as they come. Especially if you consider the story of the "match" as stretching beyond the bell and including the Kane appearance.

That must be the best televised match they've ever done. I know there are some corkers and a few come immediately to mind like the Bret/Austin street fight, Cena/HBK in London, Shawn & Marty on Raw, that HBK & Diesel vs. Razor & Kid tag match on Action Zone and loads of others but none of them can match this one for the sheer spectacle, the adreneline in the crowd, the constant action and just a feeling of disbelief that we were even seeing those ten guys in the same ring. The Kane return is the icing on the cake.

It's insane how fast people got over then too. I remember seeing Rikishi on Metal or something one morning in November or December. I've always liked fat wrestlers and he did a Driver style moves so he was an immediate hit for me but he was doing nothing. Too Cool were cold as ice then too. Two months later, they're absolutely killing it at the Rumble and a couple of weeks on look every bit a perfect fit in this match.

What's so great about that tag match is the finish is botched yet no gives a flying fuck or even realised until much later one because everything else around it was  just so fucking good.

It's the same with the amazing Jericho/Benoit vs Power Trip tag from RAW in '01. The atmosphere and action is off the charts, yet you have HHH in there hobbling around after tearing his leg to shreds but it doesn't hinder anything at all due the magic surrounding it.

15 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

I know there are some corkers and a few come immediately to mind like the Bret/Austin street fight, Cena/HBK in London, Shawn & Marty on Raw, that HBK & Diesel vs. Razor & Kid tag match on Action Zone

I'd put that Bret vs 123 Kid match from Raw in '94 in that category too, sumptuous work from Bret, arguably at his peak. But totally agree it's a short list, and that 10-man tag has to be up there. 

I'd add that Shelton vs HBK match from the Goldrush thing on Raw. Mainly for THAT finish.

Brock vs Angle Iron man on Smackdown too - still probably the best Iron Man match WWE have done.

Jeff Hardy vs Undertaker ladder match was electric too. JR was on fire.