*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Russo had the idea of bringing the nWo into the WWF. Nobody bothered bringing up they did bring in the nWo and Hogan couldn't be a heel, Nash couldn't stay fit and Hall was usually to pissed up to work. There's fuck all logical about it. "Bring in three blokes who they brought in a few months after the Invasion". We all saw how it played out. Its probably the worst Guest booker they've ever done (and there have been some shit ones). It pretty much sums up Russo as a booker. He has little clue what he's talking about and pretty much tells you what ratingz each segment will get, even though most of the shit he has written over the last 15 years has bombed miserably. Just a rambling madman.

Also, doesnt he want to buyout Goldbergs $2 million a year contract and put him in a six man tag or something? He's a loony.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

I'm not arsed with the Russo one, but just clicked the link and in the related videos there's the Jim Cornette, Dutch Mantel and Kevin Sullivan Guest Bookers as well uploaded by the same channel for anyone who's interested. Won't be up long though I imagine.

• Paid Members

Its worse than Cornettes, because at least Cornette was funny for the first 30 minutes during the shoot interview portion of it. Guest Booker with Al Snow was probably worse than Russos in fairness. Al Snows is just horrible. He doesn't seem to have a clue about anything. He's like Disco Inferno. Been in the business two decades and thinks he has a clue when. Al Snow's stuff about working a match and all this bollocks is hilarious coming from him. I've seen a match from 1PW where he went 45 minutes and did every finisher from every TV wrestler and the crowd shit on it. Totally murdered the building. Snow's a clown. He must have been patronized by his peers and has the piss ripped out of him for so long that he probably thinks his opinion on getting yourself over matters more than someone who wasn't a comedy babyface for most of his career. Like he's became an old cunt and thinks that means you can pretend like you were fucking Harley Race or something.

I remember some people on here saying Al Snow had a point when he said that the format of a match should change because no one wants to see the face getting beaten up. His point was that people pay to see winners and no one backs a loser, and people look at the heel and go 'he's cooler because he's able to beat him up and do those moves'. Despite the story of the good guy overcoming adversity being an age old concept sold countless times since storytelling began. Admittedly, perhaps sometimes heels don't do enough to get on top via nefarious means, but he's picking the wrong fault there.

Edited by Sphinx

Russo had the idea of bringing the nWo into the WWF. Nobody bothered bringing up they did bring in the nWo and Hogan couldn't be a heel, Nash couldn't stay fit and Hall was usually to pissed up to work. There's fuck all logical about it. "Bring in three blokes who they brought in a few months after the Invasion". We all saw how it played out. Its probably the worst Guest booker they've ever done (and there have been some shit ones). It pretty much sums up Russo as a booker. He has little clue what he's talking about and pretty much tells you what ratingz each segment will get, even though most of the shit he has written over the last 15 years has bombed miserably. Just a rambling madman.

I don't think you can pick holes in his main thrust being the nWo just cause in reality Hogan got cheered at Mania, Hall was fucked on drugs and Nash got injured - I think the Guest Booker is more about fantasy booking rather than restricting the ideas with what happened in real life.

I think most fans would agree one of the most compelling invaders would be the nWo, and the way he sequences it I think made sense and had no 'RussoBullshit

I don't think you can pick holes in his main thrust being the nWo just cause in reality Hogan got cheered at Mania, Hall was fucked on drugs and Nash got injured - I think the Guest Booker is more about fantasy booking rather than restricting the ideas with what happened in real life.

Yeah but ignoring the reality of a situation just makes the fantasy booking boring. There's no point to it.

• Paid Members
I think most fans would agree one of the most compelling invaders would be the nWo, and the way he sequences it I think made sense and had no 'RussoBullshit™ whatsoever.

That's Russo's booking all over, though. "Lets pretend this makes sense and that it will be a success, even though it wont". Russo would be a terrific booker if everyone in the world was insane.

Russo guest Booker - invasion angle.... This would have worked beautifully. Aside from the magic worked in the ring with the talents, this template would have been mega compelling... Very little ego in Russo's ideas, just a logical storyline.... (Watch it before its removed....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyRnM0rZSfo...be_gdata_player

Thanks - I enjoyed that...maybe not as much as the presenter though - he had a huge smile on his face at times