*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

He managed to fuck everybody in both the major companies off in one promo, its actually quite the achievement. And he takes a swipe about his country singer gimmick...which he was back doing a few months later

And pissed off Steve Austin something fierce for his dig at Austin 3:16, thinking he was fucking with his merch money.

• Paid Members

Long forgotten from the recesses of my mind - Joey Styles "shoots" and quits WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1MJBO6k3a0

Aside from the usual bollocks in the content, this might be Styles best work ever. I do love the part where he turns on the fans for supporting everything he just said he hates. Always the funny thing about these "shoots" that the fans cheer. They're there watching the product being ripped apart and cheering it.

• Paid Members

Always the funny thing about these "shoots" that the fans cheer. They're there watching the product being ripped apart and cheering it.

That's the maddest thing for me - when it comes to stuff like the Joey Styles shoot and CM Punk's "pipebomb" promo, WWE consistently book themselves as the heel. Someone once described the kayfabe WWE as "an evil organisation that everybody wants to work for". It's just taken as read that the fanbase, despite tuning in every week, buying PPVs and buying tickets hate the company and hate the product. It's such an odd state of affairs to end up at.

The Styles one is even weirder - if it were setting him up as a heel, the turn on the fans is actually a masterful bit of work, turning him from a disgruntled anti-establishment voice reduced to a cog in the machine into a conceited, entitled egotist, but it was to set up bringing back ECW, with Styles as the babyface announcer!

I'm a sucker for a "shoot" promo, though - remember being glued to the screen for Heyman's on Vince during the Invasion.

I have always thought Jeff Jarrett is the most insignificant man in Wrestling, you know when you look at someone and go "I just don't give a shit about you or what you do", a bit like Lee Dixon on the Football, bland uninspiring berk. I don't know what it is, a combo I suppose of his shit attire, non descript hair and mind numbing offence, added to his try hard promos and the guy is the utter shits.

• Paid Members

Yep. Usually just about anyone who came through Memphis gets a free pass from me based on something they did down there, but he never amounted to a thing. Even the shoot promo posted earlier is the least convincing bit of "anger" at real issues I've ever seen.

Is it worth creating a whole new thread on the biggest over and under-achievers in wrestling? Can we think of anyone who achieved so much based on so little as Jarrett?