*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Some guy's done a rotoscope video of highlights of the Wrestlemania 18 match between Hogan and the Rock.

I realise it's not the best time to be posting Hogan stuff but this is great and the way it keeps flashing from Hollywood Hogan to classic Hulkamania is a great touch.

tumblr_namoavUKcM1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

Big WCW fan back in the day and yet literally never knew of the existence of these events until today - http://lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/WCW_Internet-only_Special_Events_and_PPVs_(Lost_1997-1998_Audio_Streams)

It seems some of the footage from the actual events have been uploaded to youtube, worth a watch for nostalgia alone.

https://youtu.be/pBiJSKOzAwU

And on the subject of old WCW audio shows, came across this old episode of WCW live which used to air on WCW.com. From 2000 and hosted by the "booking committee" of the time - Russo hangers on JB, Disco, Bob Ryder, Mark Madden and Bill Banks. Quite funny and an enjoyable listen but in hindsight a clear overview of why WCW went to hell in a handbasket the last half of 2000. Personal favourite moments were the listener's re-action to The Wall's new name, the booking committee forgetting Jamie Yang's name and Disco's response to a listeners question as to why WCW's sets looked like garbage compared to the WWF's - "we have to compete in a different way" and then proceeds to describe that WCW can be funnier and needs more hilarious skits....cos that's what it needed during the Russo era - more lame skits. :)

https://youtu.be/aMKmeUDTYhk

Edited by Hail

A lot of the Attitude era stuff hasn't aged well, but this was an exciting watch when I stumbled over it a few days back.

Sunday Night Heat from 24/01/99 (Royal Rumble Pre-Show)

Always loved it when the Sunday night shows were basically a pre-show/lead in to the Pay-Per View. You got a sneak peak at the set, usually a decent lower card match and maybe even an angle to setup the big show. Its a wonder they don't bring back Heat as a Sunday Night Lead-in on the Network for Pay-Per Views, the current PPV Pre-Shows have the occasional decent bout but the talking heads for most of the hour usually has me skipping it entirely. 

A lot of the Attitude era stuff hasn't aged well, but this was an exciting watch when I stumbled over it a few days back.

Sunday Night Heat from 24/01/99 (Royal Rumble Pre-Show)

Always loved it when the Sunday night shows were basically a pre-show/lead in to the Pay-Per View. You got a sneak peak at the set, usually a decent lower card match and maybe even an angle to setup the big show. Its a wonder they don't bring back Heat as a Sunday Night Lead-in on the Network for Pay-Per Views, the current PPV Pre-Shows have the occasional decent bout but the talking heads for most of the hour usually has me skipping it entirely. 

It would just be the same as the Kickoff Show, but with a different name, so what would be the point?