*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

I might be very wrong about this and have it mixed up with something else, but didn't some kid get questioned by the police for editing Beniots wiki page saying that he had murdered Nancy prior to it being properly uncovered. When he was asked how he knew he said he was just messing around or some shit?

Fuck knows if i've just made that up but i'm 100% something daft like that happened.

• Paid Members

Christian was with Nova at the time and as soon as he heard the family was dead he knew Benoit killed them. Same with Regal. Those who knew him the most knew he did it. That's why the whole "he went mad" thing doesnt add up. His closest pals knew he was a psycho who was capable of this and werent suprised when they heard half a story about it. According to Nova, Vince found out Benoit did it halfway through the broadcast of the tribute show.

Probably a number 2 tragedy behind a 7 year old boy dying is Bruce Campbell and Vince's brother were at Raw that night to do angles for Vince to pop out of the coffin.

Also if you want to hate Matt Striker more, he got on his knees in the locker room and yelled "NOOOOOOOOOO" when hearing the news in an attention seeking manner. Loony.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

So, here's the timeline after digging around:

At about 5:30 EST (two and a half hours before Raw hit the air), Carl DeMarco, former WWE President Of Canada, called Benoit's mother Margeret to offer his condolences for the deaths. However, it became apparent very quickly that she hadn't been alerted to this news. DeMarco ended the call, prompting the authorities to notify Margeret Benoit officially. DeMarco then called the local EMTs, as well as a man by the name of Scott Zerr, an Edmonton journalist that was a friend of Chris', to go to the parents' house and lend support. Margeret Benoit calls her husband (Chris' father), and tells him to come home.

WWE.com then announced the deaths of Chris, Nancy and Daniel. Within minutes, Dave Meltzer receives a call from Carl DeMarco, alerting him that the situation was a murder-suicide, and that Chris was the killer. This was two hours before Raw began.

Approximately forty minutes after the call to Meltzer, Michael Benoit, Chris' father, returns home, and is told on his driveway by Scott Zerr that Chris killed Nancy and Daniel before killing himself. Zerr adds that he was told this by the WWE.

Meltzer himself elaborated: "How was I told at that time by someone (DeMarco), who got the info from one of the top people at WWE at 3:15 p.m. Pacific time. Maybe they were in disbelief (and ran the Tribute show anyway), but I can't say that either. I was in disbelief when told the news and didn't accept it until midway through Raw when it became apparent. But the person who repeated it knew full well and believed it. It wasn't said as a maybe, it was said as, this is what the company was told. Keep in mind many people have denied this within the company, but that fails to explain how I was told the explanation at 3:15 p.m."

If the police, Benoit's family, Dave Meltzer, Scott Zerr, and WWE President of Canada Carl DeMarco know, there is no way Vince McMahon didn't know.

Edited by Liam O'Rourke

I might be very wrong about this and have it mixed up with something else, but didn't some kid get questioned by the police for editing Beniots wiki page saying that he had murdered Nancy prior to it being properly uncovered. When he was asked how he knew he said he was just messing around or some shit?

Fuck knows if i've just made that up but i'm 100% something daft like that happened.

Yeah I remember that. It happened very quickly, ie within a day of it all coming to light.

Bloke must have shat himself.

It was only after seeing Regal's stand up act last year I found out via Google that Dave Taylor was apparently on the scene with his missus. As in wandering about the premises according to a neighbour.

• Paid Members

I've never heard of that myself, but it seems rather odd..

Schrepfer (ADDED: Benoit's neighbour) has asserted that she told police that she encountered then WWE wrestler Dave Taylor and his wife Lisa (who didn't live in the neighborhood) carrying a platter of deli food toward the Benoit house.  The police have no record of this.  Taylor claims that he was in Texas with the WWE tour even though he wasn't booked, so he could serve as a substitute if necessary and/or draw an advance on his guaranteed salary.  This has been rebutted by various wrestlers, who have said that this never happens.  There is also no record of him being there.
Edited by bAzTNM#1

I agree with those that have said they don't still have their head around the Benoit thing.
I don't mean I think he didnt do it or anything like that, I just mean that I watch some of his matches on Youtube every now and then and it blags my head when I go 'He killed his missus and his son'. Especially his match vs Elijah Burke. I'm like 'Whoa, just 4 or 5 days after this....'

• Paid Members

Did not know about the Dave Taylor thing. Did they just knock, not get an answer then bugger off? If so, why would he lie about being in Texas? Very odd.

I'm not buying the Dave Taylor story. A guy looking over his hedge immediately recognises one of his neighbours workmates?

I get along with my neighbour quite well but I doubt he would be able to name any of my workmates who may be visiting.

All speculation, but Taylor might have been round regularly, talking to the neighbours at 2.4 children BBQ's etc. I'm sure the story was that Benoit told the office he and/or his family were unwell hence he missed the house shows. Maybe Regal or someone asked Taylor to go round, or he did so off his own back on hearing a colleague/mate wasn't well.

Suppose someone could ask Taylor or more realistically Regal at one of the standard up shows, but they could well get a sore face or big out down!

• Paid Members

Highlight reel of Big Damo O Connor.

Ashamed to say I know very little about this guy but he seems like the real f'n deal.

Quite impressed by that. Never heard of him to be honest, but it's done its work as a promo reel to get my interest.