*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

23 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

They always come across that way during the Axxess preview livestream, it's one of the highlights of Mania week for me personally

That’s brilliant. Watching it, I thought this must have been unused footage that was leaked. It seems so at odds with the polished, professional presentation they usually give this stuff. I love that they just livestream it with him going round being moody and having an arsey go at how incompetent everyone is. Steph is a trouper, fair play to her, but Hunter can’t be fucked with it. It must be a nightmare doing that given everything else he has going on at the time, but he plays it all as a caricature of a man being dragged round the shops by his wife. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

It's probably been posted before but the search thing on here is still crap. Here's Becky in 2011.

"I think I've pretty much done everything that, career-wise, I could possibly do"

Don't be one of those cranks who gets weird over her name.

• Paid Members

I'd forgot all about Diesel's 'tweener' phase after dropping the title at Survivor Series 95. Its shocking how much better his character was than the smiling corporate puppet of a few months earlier.

Thinking about it, was this promo (approx 2 mins in) the first reference on WWF TV of Vince pulling the strings?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I think it's the first overt one, yeah. Jesse Ventura used to make jokes about it on commentary, and it may have been mentioned here and there in the '80s, but I don't think it was a storyline point before then.

There's an interminably long video "documentary"/series of shoots suggesting the Montreal Screwjob was a work, and that Bret was in on it, and one of the points is that Bret started referring to Vince as the owner when that hadn't been done before, and that allowed Vince to become Mr. McMahon after the Screwjob. And I remember thinking watching that, "Diesel had already been doing that schtick years earlier".

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy Long's wedding to Krystal from mid 00's Smackers. Vince swaying along in his seat to the band and Teddy joining in with the song is fantastic. Forgot that Tessmacher was in WWE too.

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Kenny Omega Wrestling in someone’s front room for Emi Sakura’s Wrestling promotion Gatoh Move Station

That's Gatoh Moves regular Japanese venue, Ichigaya Chocolate Square. I believe it's an old pharmacy? Wrestlers routinely get thrown through the service hatch windows.

It's a tiny venue - probably capacity of 50 or fewer - with no ring, and it's absolutely delightful. A couple of my favourite matches of the last year took place there, because the environment forces creativity and inventive spots.

Didn't know Omega had worked there, though!

• 2 weeks later...