*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

Hi all

I’m part of a new show called ‘Hands Off The Merchandise’ in which we’ll be looking at loads of very random, official, retro wrestling tat. It’s arguably the most nerd/geek thing I’ve sver done, and I love it.

We’ll be featuring a number of special guests going forward, including wrestlers, fans & collectors of 90’s wrestling guff. 

Our first episode, which is part of a mini series, looks at attempting to complete an empty, 1992 WWF Merlin sticker book, only using 80 unopened packets of stickers. We share our knowledge of the albums, the international variations and anomalies.

We’ll be announcing a free to enter prize draw very soon, including unopened stickers, hasbros, pin badges etc.

We’d hugely appreciate some views, some follows and if anyone wishes to part of future episodes, don’t hesitate to let me know.

Mic quality is sorted for upcoming episodes. Trial & error!

Cheers 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Enjoyed that Kaz, oh those heady days when buying stickers wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg, don’t think I ever managed to complete one of them but I did get them every year they came out

Thanks very much man. As I say, loads more to upload, including ring worn items (Bobby Heenan jackets etc). So aye, lots to crack on with.

I assume kids aren’t as arsed about sticker books now due to tech etc.

But 1990 - 1995 sticker books and trading cards were like crack. 

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

I got a free copy of that sticker album with Diesel on the cover and one packet of stickers, but given the popularity of WWF at the time neither BOOZE WORLD nor Ali's sold them and never filled it beyond that one shite packet. Ended up vandalising it, changing MOM's (I think?) catchphrase to EAT FAT rather than something blue in case my parents found it.

Did have about a million of the smaller stickers you'd get with a square of chewing gum though, was thinking about those the other day.

Edited by Cannibal Man

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Cannibal Man said:

Did have about a million of the smaller stickers you'd get with a square of chewing gum though, was thinking about those the other day.

I was given a few sealed packets of the chewy the other day actually. Hadn’t seen packets in person since back then. I think the lad who give us them thought we’d do a taste test video or something, the daft sod.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

30 min interview with the Undertaker from C3 with Pastor Ed Young from a week or so ago. It's Christian faith based but even if you're not into that it's Undertaker out of character init.

• Paid Members

Someone posted this on the F4W Board. Look at those two dickheads dancing obnoxiously to the ring. You'd never imagine one girl would have a major motion picture made about her life and the other would become the biggest star in the business, on her way to headlining Wrestlemania. Crazy.