*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

7 hours ago, Brewster McCloud said:

I also noticed that Ken Shamrock had done a Ted X talk, but I just can't...

It was in Manchester as well!  I went to a TED event in Manchester and it was generally excellent. I then saw there was another one announced and Shamrock was there, but the tickets for the event were about triple the previous one so I didn't bother.  Was going to ask him something WWE related as well :(

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Reverend said:

So it turns out that Slick's awesome them tune in the WWF 'Jive Soul Bro' wasn't an original!! 

Googled this and it turns out this was a double-A side with:

Captain Chameleon seems to have been an alias of David Wolff, Cyndi Lauper’s manager/boyfriend, which would explain how these 2 tunes ended up having their vocals re-recorded by JYD/Slick & being used in WWF.

9 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was in Manchester as well!  I went to a TED event in Manchester and it was generally excellent. I then saw there was another one announced and Shamrock was there, but the tickets for the event were about triple the previous one so I didn't bother.  Was going to ask him something WWE related as well :(

Well, I just watched it and it's really not that bad. He comes across as a slightly gruff PE teacher giving an outside the box pep talk; "Boys, today isn't about football..." He's not the most articulate of fellows, but he gets his main point - about the importance/best way of looking after disadvantaged children - across quite well. He does the standard TED Talk thing of pacing around and using illustrative hand gestures, which I guess they're all told to do. I had no idea he had a Lion's Den "ministry" in Africa. Good on 'im. It's quite nice to know all those unnecessary fights haven't scrambled his brain too much, although the Ted Talk was a few years ago. 

• Paid Members

Went down a YouTube rabbit-hole and came up with an episode of Big Time Wrestling from Detroit in 1978. Features a cracking match / brawl between Mark Lewin and Terry Funk, as well as The Sheik - as a babyface?!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 4:24 PM, Ralphy said:

Yet to watch this, however this looks to be a great watch, its the history of the wwe smackdown games, of which i have always been a huge fan of 

Gave this a watch in the night and it brought back some great memories. I didn't realise the jump in quality from just bring it to shut your mouth was so vast. It also reinforces the fact that HCTP is the best wrestling game of all time. Thanks for sharing.

• Paid Members

New documentary series. In this one indie wrestlers Ricky Starks and Aaron Solow sit down at a bbq restaurant with The Undertaker and talk about the business, his career and the indie scene. A better out of character interview than the one with that Pastor a few months back.