*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

After being exposed to gifs from this match on Twitter by Mr Lariato, I decided to spend 20 minutes giving this a watch. I forgot how athletic and competent Davey boy was in the ring. Some amazing exchanges amongst a methodical style which features some interesting reversals. Any other Bulldog recommendations welcome. 

• Paid Members

Here it is! Your European Match Of The Year 2018, with a fucking bullet.

Jordan Delvin vs WALTER from OTT Wrestling in Ireland, for August 19th's WrestleRama II

Everything about this is amazing; the opening video package, the corner men, the atmosphere, the commentary. Proper 'big fight' feel. Half an hour you won't regret spending.

Here, enjoy!

Edited by Accident Prone

I don't like Devon Nicholson/Hannibal at the best of times, his channel is good for shoot interviews despite him, but I think he's his own biggest fan as far as how good he is (or isn't). I'm not normally in the business of hate-listening to something, but the commentary he provides for this Colt Cabana/Brian Cage match is so obnoxious and self-indulgent:

1. Starts off by knocking his regular commentator who didn't get the commentary done on time and fields for replacements.

2. Admits he doesn't know much about either guy - isn't that your job? Says they don't get Impact in Canada, but being in the business you think he'd educate himself some way. Also knocks the referee, which to go by the look of him is actually fair.

3. Calls a spinebuster an atomic drop and a flying headscissors a huracanrana.

4. Vacillates between wanting to call the match like a shoot ("Cabana seems to be playing to the crowd a lot, he wants to focus on his opponent...") while also talking about all the upcoming shoot interviews that he'll be doing. His attempts at the former make him sound like Alan Partridge.

On 9/27/2018 at 9:26 PM, Accident Prone said:

Here it is! Your European Match Of The Year 2018, with a fucking bullet.

Jordan Delvin vs WALTER from OTT Wrestling in Ireland, for August 19th's WrestleRama II

Everything about this is amazing; the opening video package, the corner men, the atmosphere, the commentary. Proper 'big fight' feel. Half an hour you won't regret spending.

Here, enjoy!

That was indeed fantastic. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2018 at 3:41 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

Eric Bischoff did a TEDTalk recently - Why the news media is stealing from the Pro-Wrestling Playbook

https://youtu.be/n2RCT6Li4UQ

Unfortunately, it's not very good. He starts off quite well, doing a standard heel promo to show the audience how they can be manipulated, but then it just boils down to: "The media doesn't want you to THINK, it wants you to FEEL!" Well, fuck me what a revelation. My Modern Studies teacher pointed this out to me when I was 14, and it's a bit embarrassing trying to sell this as some deep thought in the context of a TED Talk. I wish he'd just made the title of his talk "How Pro Wrestling Actually Works" or gone a bit deeper into how wrestling tropes have influenced the media/the world as a whole, which they have, but he came across as pretty weak in this. Bit of a shame, as while I was never a massive Bischoff fan, he clearly still has the verbal skills at 63 to do... something. Stick to slagging off Meltzer on your podcast for now though, Eric, you're on safer ground.

Edited by Brewster McCloud