*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members

It was the year I had least access to WWF because I always relied on borrowing tapes and no one was watching. As a result, I never really felt the drop in standards because I was so grateful to see any of it. I think the only show I actually saw in 1995 was Wrestlemania. Then bought a couple of IYH tapes and the Rumble in late 1996. Entire year was a mystery to me otherwise.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It was the year I had least access to WWF because I always relied on borrowing tapes and no one was watching. As a result, I never really felt the drop in standards because I was so grateful to see any of it. I think the only show I actually saw in 1995 was Wrestlemania. Then bought a couple of IYH tapes and the Rumble in late 1996. Entire year was a mystery to me otherwise.

Almost the exact opposite for me rick. I was moving from junior to senior school in 95, I was living at my grans new house and she decided to get sky in. Until 95 I relied fully on VHS but I all of a sudden had access to Todd presenting Mania. Due to that, I have a real soft spot for 95.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

There's something of a mystique to that era of WWF to me, I think because it had gone to shit in terms of visibility and merch. Hasbros had stopped and Jakks hadn't started yet, I never saw the sticker book that year, and there was only one shop by me that sold the pogs.

Completely agree with this.  There was a 1995 sticker book  but I didn't see this until 1997 when I changed school and the newsagents next to it was still selling the stickers.  I didn't have sky and only discovered WWF magazine in 1996, so all I had for the years before then was the VHS releases.  As you say, these VHSs and merch of 1995 was in very short supply, hence for years all I knew of 1995 WWF was whoever was featured in this sticker book.

stickers.jpg

Edited by bbabba

Remember those 'Magics Secrets Finally Revealed' shows in the late 90s with The Masked Magician? They did one about Pro Wrestling's Secrets too, and it's corny as hell and sure everyone knows the 'secrets' now but you can at least turn it into a game of guess who the wrestlers is. I'm fairly sure that The All-American Boy was Bart Gunn and I reckon another was Dirty Dick Slator.

• Paid Members

That's the one that gave the world the Stunt Granny, right? I seem to remember a bit where they claimed that wrestling companies handed out signs to fans coming in because "you really didn't think fans sat at home making those things, did you?"...and even as a kid thinking, "well, yeah, fans do, obviously".

All American Boy was Michael Modest, IIRC, and Harley Race and the Pitbulls were on there.