UKFF Poster

neil

UKFF Poster of 2005?  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators

You & your boyfriends have given guys like Spyke a hard time, just because he actually did what you didn't want to see him do; namely take his "At Not With" nomination in good humour. So after getting peeved that HE wasn't peeved, you accused him of never having anything constructive to post at the UKFF, to try & bring him down again. Who are you to say whether someone has or hasn't been a productive forum member? You got irritated that he didn't care about his oh-so-embarrassing "At Not With" nomination, because Spyke probably realises that a pointless awards for a forum full of geeks isn't the most important thing on the planet.

Erm...you've both been "peeved" and totally freaked out about it. Thats clear as day, and no grandstanding will change that.You are the only 2 people who've lost the plot from being nominated and you're both desperately clinging onto each other and your conspiracy theories.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golden Wonder going bust.Whales in the thames....People taking the internet seriously.This is far more depressing then i ever could have predicted the end of the world to be. Without trying to 'join the clique' i really think JSB needs to quit whilst he's only a hundred miles behind. Whereas most wrestling forums you get the obligatory 'Undertakers da man. Mike Tyson's return as the higher power. Stoen Cold Steve Austin killed five men with his bare hands. LOLZERS~' banter, i think on this board for the most part, you get a certain level of intelligence. Whether you think peoples opinions are idiotic or not they are usually done in a manner that isn't harmful.Coming on here and acting all childish and making penis jokes isn't going to make you any friends. If i'm honest JSB you come across as the kind of person who hasn't got many friends because you can't just loosen up, if this is what you're like on the internet than crhsit knows what you're like in the real world.Whether you think its a 'Paid Members Clique' or not is irrelevant because they've done far more, as regards this board, to earn peoples respect. And, like it or not they're here to stay. If you can't just lvie and let live then it's best to just piss off, do you not think?Surely you're fighting a losing battle?!

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

4.6, 4.6, 4.6. Fuck me, Partridge, I always knew you were a pompous smart-arse, but what's with the numbers? Boring cuntI think it's probably pointless to say this, seen as how you're always right about everything, but I care not one jot if "nobody" likes me at this place. You may have got your first hard-on in 4 years when you saw you were a contender for "UKFF Poster Of 2005" (wowee, makes the Oscars & the BAFTAs look like a sack of crap! Is the awards ceremony a black-tie affair at the Ritz, or is it a "3 litre bottle of cider & all the pork scratchings you can eat do" round at Lantern's gaff?), when I saw I was one of the "Dolts" (why not "Retard" or "Cunt", mods? "Dolt" is lame as fuck) I laughed so hard I nearly creamed in my pants. The fact that a series of complete nobodies cared so much about being in certain categories of a FAKE awards is just too funny. Some people really do care about this forum an awful lot, you especially, Alan, we all know it's your be-all-&-end-all. You will disagree with me until your blue in the face, because that's what you do best, but I am not one of them. My "tantrum" came at a time when I thought "Fuck it, this lot aren't worth sucking up to, what makes them better than me? The fact that I'm a "dolt" & they're a "brilliant poster". Wow, you'll be up for the Nobel fucking Prize for sheer self-indulgence next.You & your boyfriends have given guys like Spyke a hard time, just because he actually did what you didn't want to see him do; namely take his "At Not With" nomination in good humour. So after getting peeved that HE wasn't peeved, you accused him of never having anything constructive to post at the UKFF, to try & bring him down again. Who are you to say whether someone has or hasn't been a productive forum member? You got irritated that he didn't care about his oh-so-embarrassing "At Not With" nomination, because Spyke probably realises that a pointless awards for a forum full of geeks isn't the most important thing on the planet.Now fuck off & phone Fernando.

Two of the main points that struck me with this post were the following:

I care not one jot if "nobody" likes me at this place.

and

Some people really do care about this forum an awful lot, you especially, Alan, we all know it's your be-all-&-end-all.

Now let me refer you to this post made by JSB himself when he opened up to me in a thread about John Cena when explained that he was so happy to be back and that he was gonna stop being a twat. From the end of this thread, the last 2 or 3 pages, I think its pretty clear that your care about this forum and what people think of you more than your letting on in this thread. See for yourself:

Seriously though, after I got banned from the UKFF for about a month, month `n a half, I joined another wrestling forum that, at first inspection, looked fairly active as it had a great deal of members, but literally after my first post introducing myself I noticed that all I'd entered into was an absolutely cretinous forum frequented by tosspots who'd been banned from the UKFF long-term, along with a motley crew of "ironic" racist & homophobic posters & a handful of "moderators" who couldn't moderate a piss-up at their local brewery.I won't even give the name of the forum, as it's such a doghole it doesn't deserve even a wee bit of publicity, positive or negative. All I'll say is, being there for a couple of weeks made me truly realise for the first time what a twat I'd been in my previous UKFF stints, & as soon as my ban here was lifted I vowed not to go down that path again (& of course, by letting the unnamed forum & it's mods know what an absolutely pathetic corner of the World Wide Web they really are).

It was truly a heart felt post. If you wanna refer to the thread yourself to see the emotional confession, just click the link. I occurs in the last 2 or 3 pages. JSB Brings a tear to UKFF's collective eye

• Paid Members

I must say, it's very gratifying to see my name on this list, and to see it doing so well. I never thought for one moment that my relentless badgering would come to be seen as quality posting.I voted for Lister, which is odd, because I normally hate people who are always right. What swayed it is the fact that I pwned him when it came to discussing theatre :devil: But seriously speaking, I think Lister's probably the best poster on here.The worst is Tiger Rick, because he supports Hull City. :p

• Paid Members

Those people are right.Federation is a regular noun (a specific thing) but Entertainment is an abstract noun (a concept).Regular nouns are preceded by a definitive article ('the' or 'a' depending on the context) while abstract nouns don't have an article.

He's wrong, you know.Abstract nouns CAN be preceded by a definite article, depending on the context.For example, "The Korean War", "The Holocaust" and "The Renaissance" are all abstract nouns - or, rather, they are abstract proper nouns.Also, a person may use a definite article before a abstract common noun, such as "I don't need the aggravation", or "He's been taking pills to combat the depression he's been suffering from."Kenny - sorry, but you're wrong about "Federation". It's not a concrete noun, because it doesn't physically exist, there are no physiological manifestations of it, it is not a tangible object. It's a collective abstract noun, or, in the context of the WWF, it's a collective abstract proper noun. Groups of people don't physically exist - the people themselves are tangible, but the grouping itself is purely an idea, a concept. Consitutions and laws are also all abstract - they do not physically exist.My point is that this whole argument about "the WWF" and "WWE" is not about grammar, it is about turn-of-phrase, which is something separate. It is a perfectly natural tour-de-phrase to say "The World Wrestling Federation", but it's not so natural to say "The World Wrestling Entertainment". Edited by Carbomb