What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

• Paid Members

I popped along to Hawthorne Heights last night. They were alright, but weren't helped by the venue (Birmingham's Asylum) having dreadful sound. The mix was off and felt muffled. Still it was fun belting out those cheesy emo tunes!

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took my girlfriend to see Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds a while back and she said she would return the favour by taking me to see an artist who meant so much to her in her formative years.  So yeah, I

stop calling him by his first name 😡         sorry, wrong thread

Currently watching this Kenny Rogers impersonator in a boiling hot cider festival in Essex, recommended.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

I popped along to Hawthorne Heights last night. They were alright, but weren't helped by the venue (Birmingham's Asylum) having dreadful sound. The mix was off and felt muffled. Still it was fun belting out those cheesy emo tunes!

I got asked to go to that but really couldn’t be bothered, as far as I know I wouldn’t have recognised any of their songs. 
Off to Wildhearts/Backyard Babies/CKY tomorrow night. One of my really good mates is DJing it so should be partying with them after. Also got the Steel Panther show in brum on Saturday, seen them loads of times but always a good time

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I got asked to go to that but really couldn’t be bothered, as far as I know I wouldn’t have recognised any of their songs. 

They played the first album in full which is where the majority of their popular songs come from, so you probably would've been fine tbh.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Menzingers/Spanish Love Songs for me this evening, should be swell.

Going tomorrow. Saw SLS supporting Hot Water Music in December & they were brilliant, their new album is excellent too!

Saw Anti-Flag last night with Creepshow and Maid Of Ace. The guys from Anti-Flag said they liked my Make Britain Punk Again hat which was cool. 

I missed CKY the other night, but caught Backyard Babies who sucked and Wildhearts who were great. 

• Paid Members
On 2/7/2020 at 4:51 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

Saw Anti-Flag last night with Creepshow and Maid Of Ace. The guys from Anti-Flag said they liked my Make Britain Punk Again hat which was cool. 

I missed CKY the other night, but caught Backyard Babies who sucked and Wildhearts who were great. 

We were on the same wave-length last week. Caught The Wildhearts/Backyard Babies/CKY monday, then went to Anti-Flag/The Creepers last night as a bit of a last minute job. 

Anti-Flag blew me away last night, never really been a fan but in a small, packed venue they were brilliant. The Creepers were a treat too, that lead singer is naughty

Enjoyed The Wildhearts show, was it just me though or did they play a considerably shorter set than The Backyard Babies? i know it was "co-headline" but it just seemed way shorter. Preferred the set The Wildhearts did last year, they added a few more curveballs in there that time, plus i wasnt as pissed. This tour was just heads-down fast & aggressive shit, the band are on a roll. 

CKY were a decent opener, playing as a two-piece though to a lot of backing tape, dunno why they are choosing to do that? as an opener though it was quality, sounded good. Enjoyed Backyard Babies too, could have gone for them playing a few more Total 13 tunes though.

Saw The Menzingers/Spanish Love Songs Friday as well, had a bit of a wild week after doing jack shit in January. The Menzingers are a special band, brilliant.

• Paid Members

So Beck announced a couple of gigs this morning. Tickets on sale Friday. I now have to hope they don't immediately sell out and that I can afford to get one when I next get paid. If I end up going it'll be another of those odd musical weeks because it's the Tuesday after I'll be going to see the Lancashire Hotpots with me mum. They're a great night, and for the support they do this whole performance art thing of Stu Penders & Spladoosh, which is hilarious. 

• Paid Members

Just had a random message from a mate's wife that for his birthday she's paying for us to both go to the Slam Dunk festival in Leeds in May. We'd both been wishing we could go. I'm really excited about it. I just wish I could find my Pennywise t-shirt. 

23 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Just had a random message from a mate's wife that for his birthday she's paying for us to both go to the Slam Dunk festival in Leeds in May. We'd both been wishing we could go. I'm really excited about it. I just wish I could find my Pennywise t-shirt. 

You’re wearing the t shirt of a band to a gig that they’re playing? You trendsetter!

Still undecided as to whether to go to the South leg of it, but it’s always a good laugh and a good atmosphere.

I’ve never felt so old before than when I first went to it, but that’s the same everywhere now. Enjoy!

About to see a Spanish Love Songs stripped back set at Banquet Records as I can’t make the actual gig tonight so looking forward to that.