Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

As predicted, Monster Magnet were tremendous. If I'm being a pedant, they didn't do three tracks off Powertrip so it wasn't the WHOLE album but it was an absolute blast 

Managed to get tickets for the Faith No More benefit show in Manchester. A completely different experience to trying to get tickets for the original date i.e you could actually get some. Cannot wait as the last time I saw them was at Download 2009. 

Upcoming, I've got Dave Hause in a church in Leeds followed by The Menzingers the following night. 

i just got a Wildhearts / Backyard Babies ticket for a fiver! i was planning on paying on the door (£35) but then a link came up from hard rock hell for a fiver, i believe the word "boom" would be suitable here.

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

i just got a Wildhearts / Backyard Babies ticket for a fiver! i was planning on paying on the door (£35) but then a link came up from hard rock hell for a fiver, i believe the word "boom" would be suitable here.

Or the words “blimey, this is selling really poorly, better stick some out there dead cheap”

Thats not a knock on either band, but if the promoter is foregoing 2 for 1 offers and going straight to drastically reduced prices, they’re just trying to get people through the door in hopes of breaking even

Edited by WyattSheepMask

i paid £35, so thats a bummer. The Wildhearts have played the UK alot the last year, im going to see them in the same venue that i saw them in the same time last year. Couldnt say no though with Backyard Babies on the bill though, i aint seen them since '98 🙄

Kaiser Chiefs were surprisingly great Saturday, as were Razorlight for nostalgia value. 

Got Vukovi coming up Friday night which being the day after TRUCK festivals first announcement makes this a very good week. 

6545-B68-E-4-ADA-4-BF4-B7-D6-F26-B3-D39-
9-DFA749-C-2-D7-E-447-D-8344-5157-F35966

Interrupters were absolutely amazing last night. Such a good show and they were all really cool. I might be in love with Aimee 

I usually go to one of the days of the Brum Punx Picnic. We got Punkapalooza start of August which I won’t be able to go to because I’m at a tattoo convention. Rebellion Festival is the week after with the strongest line up in years 

b:W10=.jpg

I’ll be in Vegas for Punk Rock Bowling again, main line up is looking pretty good but some of the club shows I’ve been told about are going to be next level

XQGujmkVxgziPtB7k7-vFHTgJ3H_DA5sDCd4M4gv

I just bought tickets to see Hawthorne Heights this weekend because I fancy crying in a room with a bunch of pot-belled husbands and dads in their 30's.

I've seen their travelling set-list and it's chock full of all the classics. Should be a good'un!

Edited by Accident Prone

On 1/29/2020 at 4:00 PM, UK Kat Von D said:

6545-B68-E-4-ADA-4-BF4-B7-D6-F26-B3-D39-
9-DFA749-C-2-D7-E-447-D-8344-5157-F35966

Interrupters were absolutely amazing last night. Such a good show and they were all really cool. I might be in love with Aimee 

ahh i almost went to see them Monday but i couldnt make it, ill have to catch them next time. Also in love with Aimee.

23 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I usually go to one of the days of the Brum Punx Picnic. We got Punkapalooza start of August which I won’t be able to go to because I’m at a tattoo convention. Rebellion Festival is the week after with the strongest line up in years 

b:W10=.jpg

I’ll be in Vegas for Punk Rock Bowling again, main line up is looking pretty good but some of the club shows I’ve been told about are going to be next level

XQGujmkVxgziPtB7k7-vFHTgJ3H_DA5sDCd4M4gv

Rebellion festival is a silent contender for one of the best and most consistent middle sized festivals in the UK easily.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the punk genre as a whole however on the bigger bands/names front there are a few there that I'm interested in....I ran a official afterparty for rebellion 3 years ago and being in town all day flyering to the punks walking around town absolutely fucking hammered at 9am but genuinely the nicest most approachable set of people was quite easily the most enjoyable 12 hours out in the sun flyering I've ever had.

Blackpool is a fucking weird place and it's only since I started Hang Tight and running shows here that I've realized just how neglected and badly run the town has been on the alternative/rock/metal side of it all. As a whole I don't touch the punk shows as there are people and venues round here that do it perfectly and cater exactly to what people like on all levels with it.

The only shows I am doing are on the much bigger/popular headliners but over the years rebellion have had some insane bands on like frank Carter, the gallows, the king blues, kunt and the gang to name a few 

9 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

bigger/popular headliners but over the years rebellion have had some insane bands on like frank Carter, the gallows, the king blues, kunt and the gang to name a few 

Absolute nonce of a frontman...

24 minutes ago, Kfogg1991 said:

The only shows I am doing are on the much bigger/popular headliners but over the years rebellion have had some insane bands on like frank Carter, the gallows, the king blues, kunt and the gang to name a few 

81658397_623613901801130_726163670927042