Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

went to see the Manic Street Preachers again at Cardiff Castle last night. Kind of like the Holy Bible show they played there it was a show of two halves. They ran through This Is My Truth... in full first which has 2-3 monster hits but for the most part is a fairly drab sounding album, it's not perfect fodder for a castle full of pissed up folk after a sing along. The second half was perfect though, great mix of hits, covers and a couple of deep cuts for the die hards. Perfect weather too once the clouds showed up, great. The Manics never disappoint.

2nd big show in a week...

Went to the Rammstein show at MK Dons Stadium yesterday. Only managed to get seated tickets, the actual seats were shocking. Literally sat behind the makeshift 'b stage' they had for the support act, couldnt even see the main stage. For £65 it was pretty much unacceptable, gonna whack a complaint in. All was not lost though, went for a stroll half hour before the show and wandered into some kind of VIP balcony section, got nice spot on the rail with a great view and easy bar/toilet access, nice!

The show was great, with Rammstein though i do find myself waiting or hoping for the next big stunt/pyro thing during the show, they are pretty spectacular when they come, the production is massive. The Du Hast/Sonne double bill half way through was incredible. Few big songs missing though which was a bit of a bummer. One thing i have to comment on, the sound in the MK Dons Stadium. I dont know if it was Rammsteins doing with the set up but it was by far the loudest and best sounding stadium show ive ever attended, it sounded monstrous for the entire show. It felt like the stadium was shaking during the big riff in Sonne.

Tidy.

Heading to 2000 Trees tomorrow. If anyone is about and fancies hanging out in the sun watching some music give me a PM. Will have my phone and 3G working all weekend. 

9 minutes ago, Ironic Indie Lad said:

Any interest in the upcoming Nile and Hate Eternal tour? Perfect for those who enjoy being pummelled by endless blasts.

I love Nile, I've been waiting for a new album and tour so I'm definitely on it. Won't be the same without Dallas in the band though, he was my fave.

Edit * assumed this was the metal thread

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

I went to see Kiss in Birmingham on Tuesday night and they were AMAZING!!!!!

I would strongly encourage anyone who gets the chance to see these old duffers before they finally hang up their huge boots!

11 hours ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I went to see Kiss in Birmingham on Tuesday night and they were AMAZING!!!!!

I would strongly encourage anyone who gets the chance to see these old duffers before they finally hang up their huge boots!

I saw KISS at Download 2008. I only knew a couple of their songs but somehow I knew every word to 75% of the set. Great band, I don't care how many retirement tours they do!

I'm going to try and get a ticket for the Chemical Brothers and 2Many DJs at the Arena in November on payday. It sounds like it'd be a brilliant night out. 

That night will be something else. Saw 2manydjs in a stripped down setting at a shitehole club in Dublin (Tivoli) and they gave the place an immerciful hiding. Was half expecting a funky electro set but they went balls out techno to the point the floor was trembling and everyone's jaws had their own orbit.

Seeing Kiss tonight in Manchester. Seen them twice before. Say what you want about them being money grabbers etc.. but they’re still brilliant live. Looking forward to this.

I'm a facepainted, sweaty mess. Trees is fantastic.