Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

Jawbreaker were incredible. Planned to hang out in the middle but ended up at the front by the time they finished their first song. My throat is in tatters but there were some points where I just couldn't sing due the big goofy grin on my face.

8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

This might be of interest to some ( @Statto Aren't you a Shooter fan?)

Yep, I am!

Got my tickets for Manchester, bit further away from home than London but getting that Thursday/Friday off work was looking tough so making a weekend of it up north!

Should be a very cool gig for me as it's a full band Shooter set as support, then the headline is the same band plus Duff.

6 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

Jawbreaker were incredible. Planned to hang out in the middle but ended up at the front by the time they finished their first song. My throat is in tatters but there were some points where I just couldn't sing due the big goofy grin on my face.

Yep. Really, really bloody excellent gig.

Academy 3 has a capacity of less than 500, which seems surprising that they wouldn’t try for one of the larger rooms. Should be a great night all the same

Edited by WyattSheepMask

My missus got me a VIP ticket to see The Cure in Glasgow a day before my birthday. No idea what exactly the VIP perks are, other than a wee special garden away from the piss-drinking lower class scum.

Mogwai are supporting too.

I went to see Amber Cross on Friday in Edinburgh. Depressingly empty room aside, she was impeccable singing/playing. Her folksy stage banter was rotten, however.

On the Jawbreaker gig, my other half said to me afterwards that her favourite part was how, for several songs, I wasn't even singing along, just grinning from ear to ear instead. Can't think of a gig I've been to in a long time to elicit that reaction.

got Terrorvision on Friday, playing 'How to Make Friends...' in full, which is nice but they tend to play a decent portion of that at every live show anyways, but regardless they are still one of the best live bands around so it'll be great.

Edited by Egg Shen

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

On the Jawbreaker gig, my other half said to me afterwards that her favourite part was how, for several songs, I wasn't even singing along, just grinning from ear to ear instead. Can't think of a gig I've been to in a long time to elicit that reaction.

Yep. That's never happened to me before ('ello...) but I found it impossible at times to just not be in gleeful awe at what was going on. Did you end up going to see that documentary, Pat?

Coming up over the next few weeks. 

(Not music gigs, but) - I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue in Doncaster and Radio Active in Colchester, both this month. 

The Lancashire Hotpots in Blackpool next month. 

Went to see Mark Chadwick in Swindon last weekend, it was awesome. Never seen the Levellers songs performed acoustic before. 

Celtic Social Club this Thursday. A French Group also featuring Dan Donnelly, who's played with The Levellers and The Wonder Stuff. 

Should be good. 

On 4/29/2019 at 11:32 AM, Accident Prone said:

Yep. That's never happened to me before ('ello...) but I found it impossible at times to just not be in gleeful awe at what was going on. Did you end up going to see that documentary, Pat?

I didn't - clashed with the wrestling, sadly.

Cancer bats/loathe/avarus 

Live in blackpool at the Waterloo Thursday 8th August 

Tickets on sale now at see tickets  £15 advance received-404932176757715.jpg