Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

Weirdly enough, they just announced that the Jawbreaker gig is now at the 02 in Kentish Town instead of Brixton. That has really, really fucked me off as I've got accommodation booked in Brixton, so that's a 30-45 minute tube journey on top. For fucks sake.

Edited by Accident Prone

I'm hearing conflicting reports on it being a better venue. I'm all ready over it, I just have to make sure I grab some cans for the tube journey back just so I don't get that awful sobering-up headache. 40 mins of no booze is deadly once you're a tad sozzled.

Any idea what time it's supposed to finish? Is there a curfew in London for these gigs?

Edited by Accident Prone

curfew probably differs venue-to-venue.

for what its worth, i went to Kentish Town Forum last year and managed to get a tube after the show with no issue, think it was wrapped up by 10.30 and the tube station is really close to the venue.

Edited by Egg Shen

I saw The Dropkick Murpheys at the o2 in Birmingham last night. Still a horrible venue but brought back fond memories of gigs and nights out.

The Dropkicks were real good but I was slightly disappointed by the lack of "Hey baby let the free birds fly!" during their otherwise rousing rendition of 'The Fields Of Athenry'.

Steve Van Zandt, Liverpool, 16th May. Missed out on him last time he was local and it was meant to be an incredible gig, so very much looking forward to it.

Oh and Kate Nash, Guildford, 9th June. I think I have a problem.

got a ticket to see Alien Weaponry in June. Probably the highlight of Bloodstock last year, be pretty cool to see them in little sweatbox. I aint been to a metal show in ages.

I saw Svalbard on Easter Sunday, a really cool bit of ultra lefty blackened-hardcore supported by a great little local act named Killer BOB.

I've got the weird J-Pop/Hardcore gig tonight!

i caught Svalbard on the off chance in Cardiff one night, i walked into a club late on and they were already on stage, i had no idea who they were until they'd finished but they were quality.

In a "history is repeating itself and I'm still an absolute billy no-mates" situation, I have a spare ticket for Idlewild at Kentish Town Forum tomorrow night if anyone wants one

Too far from me but that'll be a great show, i missed the Bristol show but the setlist looks great. Think they've binned off the violin player too which made everything sound a little bit weird last time i saw them.

On 4/25/2019 at 4:19 PM, Egg Shen said:

Too far from me but that'll be a great show, i missed the Bristol show but the setlist looks great. Think they've binned off the violin player too which made everything sound a little bit weird last time i saw them.

I think that was the best I've ever seen them, and they had the violin player :p 7 on stage at all times, they didn't swap instruments and had 2 guitars in every song so there were no compromises. Really tremendous. I felt like crying during Little Discourage, it was so good. 

sounds good hallicks! Maybe it was just on the night i saw them, the mix might have been weird or something. Idlewild have some tunes though dont they.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

sounds good hallicks! Maybe it was just on the night i saw them, the mix might have been weird or something. Idlewild have some tunes though dont they.

If it was around the time they released the live album (2015 or so), I think they were opening with stripped down versions of songs with said violinist, which were nice but not really cricket. They seem to have abandoned that and gone back to the proper arrangements and it's great. 

yeh it was, the live album was recorded on the tour i seen them on.