Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

On 1/30/2019 at 4:16 PM, Accident Prone said:

If you're still after your Jawbreaker fix, they now have a show on the 28th April in Manchester. Tickets go on sale this Friday.

Also, the tour support for both shows is Beach Slang!!

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/36941004-jawbreaker-at-albert-hall

Managed to get a ticket for this. Looking forward to seeing just how ridiculously croaky Blake sounds in 2019.

Also saw Drug Church and Single Mothers last night. Drug Church were immense as expected and I like Single Mothers a lot more live than on record as the singers voice was much less annoying live AND he was missing a front tooth, which is always a great look.

Single Mothers are great. Glad to hear they sound better live as I can only imagine I'll enjoy seeing them live at some point this year.

Got a ticket to see The Bar Steward Sons of Val Doonican in Redditch this October and also, not a gig but, Radio Active in Colchester this May. 

Saw RA a couple of years ago at the Edinburgh Festival. 

Not long out from watching The Murder Capital. What a band.

Their panto post-punk posturing (full of getting a bit close and the bassist not moving while staring at you, man) can't sink what is an incredible live sound and tunes. I'm also getting a bit old for moshing; basically me pushing youngsters going "get away, you hooligan".

Woouhh 'ama!

Chvrches were bloody fantastic. Whole thing just felt like a dream pop, synth disco everyone was loving it, she sounded as good live as they do on a record maybe better and it was quite refreshing to see the different age groups all collectively having a great time. 

I however am very hungover and broken sat in a train station right now, but worth it.

Back in Birmingham next Thursday so if anyone has any pubs they could recommend, went Sublime Bar last night as it was close to my hostel and was great but wanna try and see some different places next week.

Edited by Shy Dad

9 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Back in Birmingham next Thursday so if anyone has any pubs they could recommend, went Sublime Bar last night as it was close to my hostel and was great but wanna try and see some different places next week.

Do you mean Subside? Clink is just down the road in The Custard Factory which has some great beer. Other decent place I recommend are Kilder and Tilt which also has a bunch of pinball machines.

I'd heartily recommend the Old Joint Stock and Bacchus Bar. Both are in Birmingham city centre and regular stops whenever I'm out for the night. If you're after another dirty rock pub, Scruffys can be a good laugh too although I haven't been in years. Can't say I'm much of a fan of the new Subside though (not that the old one was any real cop, as I only ever dared venture in there when all ready pretty shitfaced).

It was a five minute walk from the hostel and playing Metallica so it was pretty much a given.

I'm there for most of Thursday including being at Asylum for Mallory Knox so will try and hit as many venues as possible, cheers for the recommendation

how are Mallory Knox doing post-losing their frontman? i aint a fan but when that guy left i thought they had to be doomed.

If you're going to the Asylum then the Lord Clifden, Rose Villa Tavern, Church and Red Lion are all great nearby pubs, the Red Lion usually have Bathams on, the Clifden has a great garden but in February that won't be much of a factor, the Jewellers is also a good ale pub with good cobs. Oh and the Thousand Trades and Button Factory, there's tonnes of great pubs within a ten minute walk of the Asylum.

My friend went a bit mental and bought a shit tonne of gig tickets so now I'm going to:

Jawbreaker

Slam Dunk

Ryan Adams

The Bouncing Souls

Conor Oberst & Phoebe Bridgers 

Mercy Union

Hop Along

I already have tickets for Cave In & Old Man Gloom in London. Hoping to get to J Mascis and SUMAC also. Gonna' be one crazy year, this.