Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

40 minutes ago, Rey_Piste said:

How much were seats in the nosebleeds?

£60ish Inc fees. The decent seats were more expensive than standing which highlights the age demographic this tour is aimed at. 

I was trying to get tickets for it this morning, but the site I was working on had shit phone signal and I couldn't log onto Ticketmaster in time. They want 166 quid for standing tickets on StubHub, so that can get fucked. I'm guessing with it selling out so quick they'll put on another date.

Edited by Rey_Piste

Not exactly a gig, but I've snagged tickets to see Bill Burr during his UK tour. A mate of mine is also putting on the pressure to go to the third day of Download to see Tool but I'm going to wait it out for more bands to be announced before I decide. If I'm going,  I'm smuggling in a spool of fishing wire again so I can catch out those folk who go round picking up the Tuborg cups.

I’m only going to the 3rd day of Download for Tool. Even with what’s been confirmed so far for that day and the way gig prices are these days, you’ll be paying more or less the same for a Tool arena date and those tickets will be harder to come by. Day tickets for the festival rarely sellout, so doing it this seems the safer option.

And leave the Tuborg cup collectors alone, they’ve paid good money to be a Womble for the weekend. Fishing wire is a good call though, we tend to use dental floss

Dental Floss is a good back-up plan though. I had a most brilliant time during the Sunday of Download 2013, sitting back and drinking the day away whilst the surrounding area had their eyes fixed to my Tuborg game. Massive shouts of "WHHHEEEEEYYY!!!!" whenever someone fell for it until some bugger caught on and snatched it from my hands whilst sprinting past. Booooooo!

I wont be attending (honest) but how much can they be getting for this? £100 each, a dinner token & a travelodge room? Tragic!

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/whats-on/boyband-5ive-play-special-one-15716257

Boyband 5ive to play special one night gig in Crewe

Boyband 5ive are set to get ‚ÄėEverybody Up‚Äô when they perform all their old hits at a one off night at MECCA BINGO IN CREWE

The group that had worldwide chart success in the late 90s and early 2000s, will appear at the club on Phoenix Leisure Park on Dunwoody Way on March 16.

5ive were formed in 1997 by the same team that managed the Spice Girls before they launched their career and known mostly as a five-piece, consisting of Scott Robinson, Ritchie Neville, Sean Conlon, Abz Love and Jason ‚ÄúJ‚ÄĚ Brown.

They enjoyed remarkable success and sold 10 million copies of their records worldwide. Their hits include Everybody Get Up, Slam Dunk da Funk, We Will Rock You, When the Lights Go Out, If Ya Gettin’ Down and Keep on Movin.

Eleven years after splitting in 2001, they announced they were planning another reunion but without J Brown. Keeping with their original name of 5ive, they appeared alongside Blue, 911, Atomic Kitten, B*Witched, Honeyz and Liberty X in the ITV2 documentary series The Big Reunion.

Not a gig but went to see Rock of Ages at the theatre last night as I won a couple of tickets. Having not enjoyed the film I was a little apprehensive going in. But I actually really enjoyed it. Some great performances on stage. And it co-starred none other than Curly Watts!

On 1/27/2019 at 6:15 PM, Accident Prone said:

Not exactly a gig, but I've snagged tickets to see Bill Burr during his UK tour. A mate of mine is also putting on the pressure to go to the third day of Download to see Tool but I'm going to wait it out for more bands to be announced before I decide. If I'm going,  I'm smuggling in a spool of fishing wire again so I can catch out those folk who go round picking up the Tuborg cups.

I knew nowt about this, and all that's left in Brum are seats waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back. Maybe next time :(

I'm seeing Muse and Metallica in the space of two weeks at Ashton Gate and the Etihad respectively, then the Yanks/Sox weekend in London soon after, then Bouncing Souls at the Fleece in October.

On 1/27/2019 at 7:05 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Might try and get tickets for Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs in April. Lots of the dates are starting to sell out.

It's amazing to see them go from sub 50 people sludge metal shows to almost sold out tours and the middle class encapsulated music festivals. I don't think hardly anyone else has ever hit that fine line where both sides still adore them.

Off to see Gangstagrass in Manchester Sunday. Mixture of Bluegrass/C&W/Hip Hop. Sounds a bit of a hodge podge, but actually pretty decent. Couple of days later off to see The Dead South in Liverpool.

I saw Milk Teeth last night in Southampton. It's my first time seeing them since last year's Download. Since then, they've lost two members and have had a hard time as of late. They are now a three piece and sound great. Their new stuff sounds promising. 

I'm off tonight to see FIDLAR play a free show at the House of Vans in London. I have a spare ticket if anyone needs one. 

Fuming about that! We bought tickets for London only for them to go and announce Manchester (which is like a 40 minute train journey for me). So I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow and flog the London ones all being well. Beach Slang supporting is fucking bang on!

I'm off to see Brian Fallon next Thursday. Between Gaslight/Revival Tour/Solo I believe this will be my 11th time seeing him. I'm going the Manchester date at the end of Feb also. Obsessed much?!