Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's probably an aesthetic choice, they're going for that whole working class British Oi! vibe ain't they.

And they're fucking terrible, but in a laughable way.

EDIT - @Dead Mike Cheers for the heads up on that gig, that's amazing.

Edited by Keith Houchen
M Khan Is Bent

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

I wasn't going to be mean but yes, also Lars is a cosplayer.

He could learn a few things from the French who honestly do Oi better than anyone.

I'm going to more gigs this year than I have in bloody ages. I'm hitting up Dropkick Murpheys, Jawbreaker, Taking Back Sunday and I might be popping into the Sunday Download festival depending on money and travel arrangements.

20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

18 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I wasn't going to be mean but yes, also Lars is a cosplayer.

LARS.jpg

1 hour ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Seafret, 1st March in Manchester.

Looking forward to having a big cry in public.

Seafret are bloody amazing. We had them at our uni a few years ago for a acoustic festival thing that came around weekly with other artists (got to hang out and interview Izzy Bizu and Tom Walker for it too which was sweet) and they were down during reading week and so many people actually came back just to watch it, they were bloody amazing. Oceans still remains one of my favourite tracks.

Got tickets for Chvrches (Birmingham) and Mayday Parade/Wonder Years (Bristol) in Feb (as well as meet and greet tickets for Mayday) which both should be a belter. Trying to get to at least 2 gigs/festivals a month this year (while taking Jan off to recuperate) and already have SWMRS and Deaf Havana lined up for March. Got Greenman, Slam Dunk, 2000 Trees, Truck Fest and potentially Reading (as a summer holiday - how old do I feel? - though that's if I don't book Greenman) festival wise. Guess its the main positive of a full time job thats 3/4 days a week max, gives me time to travel around and see some awesome bands.

Edited by Shy Dad

It's just luck of the draw with this job really. I get paid weekly so I don't really think half the time, just spontaneous it (Hereford is easy enough to get back from Cardiff/Bristol/Newport and cheap enough to get a travel lodge for Birmingham on the fly or a hostel) and I don't really do the whole going abroad thing because of my anxiety in new places. Maybe in a year or two I'll do something 'Mania wise or go see some of the Toronto sports teams play and catch up with a friend, but until then with no real plans to get my own place until a few debts are paid off a lot of my expendable income either goes on beer (bad for my depression and anxiety) or going to gigs and having good memories for when the bad time hits. 

The four festivals take up 15 days of my life and I only have to sort holiday out for about 6/7 of them thanks to how my rota works and can be adapted, so I have an extra three weeks of holiday time if I do fancy going away to Ireland or further for a one off gig. I may be in a job where I work by myself for 10 hours a night but its meant I've got to listen to a ton of new bands and plan gigs that way, just looked into the Hunna in April too.

I'm getting old and starting to not be arsed to go to gigs anymore as getting home at 1am then up for work the next morning is something I can't do anymore.

Annoying as there are quite a few gigs coming up in the next few months that I'd love to go to. ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead performing 'Madonna' all the way through, White Denim/BC Camplight, Beans on Toast, The Orielles, Nils Frahm, Sharon Van Etten, Noname, The Cinematic Orchestra, Gods of Rap tour.

The only gig I'm actually going to is Spanish Love Songs in May as my girlfriend loves them, so I'm being dragged along to that.

Would love to go see Spanish Love Songs however the night they play Manchester is the same night Casey, a band my stepdaughter loves, are playing their final show. 

Definitely keen on that Gods of Rap tour but does anybody know how much tickets are? Can see that one breaking the bank. 

6 hours ago, lightningxlock said:

Would love to go see Spanish Love Songs however the night they play Manchester is the same night Casey, a band my stepdaughter loves, are playing their final show. 

Definitely keen on that Gods of Rap tour but does anybody know how much tickets are? Can see that one breaking the bank. 

SSE HYDRO has The gods of rap tour listed at £51- £85 

my guess would be that seated is £51 and standing is £85

Hopes this helps

On 1/18/2019 at 10:50 PM, Shy Dad said:

Seafret are bloody amazing. We had them at our uni a few years ago for a acoustic festival thing that came around weekly with other artists (got to hang out and interview Izzy Bizu and Tom Walker for it too which was sweet) and they were down during reading week and so many people actually came back just to watch it, they were bloody amazing. Oceans still remains one of my favourite tracks.

Yeah, they’re pretty special. I saw them at a really small venue a few months ago and they had the entire room in a daze. Really humble lads but the lead singer has got such a fantastic voice which you would expect from his demeanour. Oceans is one of my favourite songs of recent years, like you say, but they rarely put a bad song out there. Monsters from the other month is a belter.

Managed to snag tickets for that 'Gods of Rap' show but didn't expect it to sell as quick as it did. Handful of crappy seats left for Manchester & Wembley sold out in an hour!

5 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

Managed to snag tickets for that 'Gods of Rap' show but didn't expect it to sell as quick as it did. Handful of crappy seats left for Manchester & Wembley sold out in an hour!

How much were seats in the nosebleeds?