Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

off to see Sevendust/All That Remains tonight. Not too big on All That Remains but Sevendust are on a small list of bands that i never got to see, they dont get to the UK very often, should be good.

35 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

off to see Sevendust/All That Remains tonight. Not too big on All That Remains but Sevendust are on a small list of bands that i never got to see, they dont get to the UK very often, should be good.

that sounds amazing, would love to see both bands, i love the vocals of both bands 

9 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

Blossoms tonight, actually quite excited, been hearing very good things about their gigs this week.

Found an old email I completely forgot about that I've booked Chvrches tickets for the week before Mayday Parade in February and can't even remember booking it, but absolutely ecstatic I've managed too.

Just the usual waiting game on 2000 Trees deciding to release a headliner so I can fully confirm my attendance once at least 1 band picks my interest. Reading and Download have both been a tad underwhelming and much the same for Slam Dunk. May end up a year of smaller gigs from Feb.

Let’s Eat Grandma are supporting Chvrches. They’re well worth seeing. 

I go to 2000 Trees every year but my mate who I go with can’t make it this year so we’ll probably finally get round to going to ArcTanGet instead. Although if the 2000 Trees line up interests the missus then I’ll probably go to both. 

Coming the rest of this year is Fires of Freya tomorrow and then The Lancashire Hotpots again on the 15th. Also, got tickets to go see them in March and April next year. (I'm a bit of a fan!). Then Driven Serious come January. 

Got a ticket this morning to go see the Levellers at the Royal Albert Hall in March. 

Edited by eugenespeed

On 12/7/2018 at 6:27 AM, Ralphy said:

that sounds amazing, would love to see both bands, i love the vocals of both bands 

it was great Ralphy. All That Remains were good but i just find their material hit and miss, still the new songs sounded real good so im gonna check the new album. Sevendust just blew me away. I always find those biggish American rock bands that stuck around from the late 90s/early 00s get a bit of a bad rap from the press and Sevendust fall into that category but theres a reason they stay around and Sevendust just smash it live, great setlist and Lajon sounded immense. One of the best shows ive seen all year.

Went to see Clutch last night, just stupidly good, been 11 years since i last saw em but they just keep getting better. Neil Fallon is one of the best frontmen around and simply tune after god damn tune. One of the best rock bands on the planet.

Both support bands were quality too, The Picture Books who id seen before but their live show has improved, the musics a bit one paced but they went down a treat. The openers Inspector Cluzo have a shit name but they were some weird french duo with Jeff Buckley-esque vocals, they basically won over entire venue, played and acted like they were headlining, cracking stuff.

Off to see The Maple State (anyone remember them?) tomorrow. Honestly can't wait. Been one of my favourite Manchester bands for 10+ years now. Last time I saw them was 2009 so looking forward to hearing the old stuff again along with their excellent new material.

11 minutes ago, lightningxlock said:

Off to see The Maple State (anyone remember them?) tomorrow. Honestly can't wait. Been one of my favourite Manchester bands for 10+ years now. Last time I saw them was 2009 so looking forward to hearing the old stuff again along with their excellent new material.

Going Sunday, mainly for Data.Select.Party, but looking forward to TMS too. It’s like 2007 all over again!!!

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Going Sunday, mainly for Data.Select.Party, but looking forward to TMS too. It’s like 2007 all over again!!! 

I know! I couldn't believe it when I saw Data Select Party were supporting. I wasn't even aware they were still a band/reformed/whatever. Caught them 'back in the day' too. All we need now is an I Was A Cub Scout reunion.

2019 so far is shaping up to be busy gig wise. 

Was at Driven Serious last Friday. 

Got a weekend lined up of a Madness Tribute tonight, Beth Macari tomorrow night and Nutopians on Sunday (the last band sound a bit like Snow Patrol if that's your thing). 

Mull Historical Society next week. 

Feb is quiet. 

March has Embrace, The Lancashire Hotpots and The Levellers whereas April has The Hotpots again (as does June). 

The Bar-Steward Sons of Val Doonican have semi announced a big gig during the back end of the year, I say Semi as they've announced the venue, but not the date. 

I've got Cancer Bats & Black Peaks in the next couple of weeks. Also, Lars Fredrikson from Rancid's side project 'The Old Firm Casuals' at a shitty little pub in Newcastle Under Lyme of all places.

The Old Firm Casuals are quality.

Im off to see Michale Graves on Saturday night. Caught him early last year and the show completley blew me away, plays all his-era Misfits stuff and some solo work, great tunes.

2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

I've got Cancer Bats & Black Peaks in the next couple of weeks. Also, Lars Fredrikson from Rancid's side project 'The Old Firm Casuals' at a shitty little pub in Newcastle Under Lyme of all places.

It's probably an aesthetic choice, they're going for that whole working class British Oi! vibe ain't they.