Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

That looks excellent! I've got to be economical with gigs but I'd love to go to a mini synthwave festival. DWTD, Carpenter Brut, Kavinsky and Perturbator. Fucking take my money.

5 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

That looks excellent! I've got to be economical with gigs but I'd love to go to a mini synthwave festival. DWTD, Carpenter Brut, Kavinsky and Perturbator. Fucking take my money.

Yep I'd be right there with you on that. Might be worth you keeping an eye on Retro Future Fest 2019. They haven't announced anyone yet but the last two years were amazing and not cost prohibitive which is nice. 

Went to see the Australian Pink Floyd Show in Birmingham yesterday. Awesome show, a real spectacle.

I've seen them in the past on DVD, but of course it was even better seeing them up close. Perfect renditions of a lot of my favourite Floyd songs. Pigs, One of these days and the encore Comfortably Numb were close your eyes and it's Floyd moments.

Loved it.

I took my girlfriend to see Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds a while back and she said she would return the favour by taking me to see an artist who meant so much to her in her formative years.  So yeah, I'm going to see The Backstreet Boys.

Wife wanted tickets to see Elton John as it's the "farewell tour". Cheapest ticket at the o2 was £76 right at the back of the arena, right at the top. Same tier (the almost vertical 4th level) near the stage end started at £136. Needless to say we ain't going. Paid £65 for the same seats for Fleetwood Mac a few years back with the original line up, but I am not paying double to see him there

Went to see Leon Bridges the other night. He was quite good but they tried to be like a New Orleans jazz band. The musicians were good enough players but they were nowhere near tight enough as a band to pull off the jamming between songs.

Because of that gig, one of my new favourite things to do is read reviews for gig venues on Trip Advisor from middle-aged women who have obviously just been to their first gig that wasn't in either a massive arena or their local pub. I like to see how many of them use the phrase 'fire hazzard' or complain that the venue don't do food.

I think you guys might be able to help me out with this. Back around 98-00 there was a metal song by a band I thought was Therapy? But a glance at YouTube says I think I've misremembered. In the video the bad are all wearing rat masks. Any ideas?

Edit - apologies I thought I was in the metal thread.

Edited by DEF

I just got back from seeing Bast and Wode and both blew me away, if you're into either black or doom metal you should check out their tour if they play nearby. I wasn't expecting all that much really but I've not seen dual headliners as solid as this in while.

14 hours ago, King of Hamptons said:

Saw Therapy? Last night. Still a great live band! They even did a cover of Raining Blood...  30 years and still going. 

missed em this time around :( i know their 30 Year Anniversary is next year though, so i'll get to one of those shows.

Got a ticket to see Terrorvision in May, like Therapy? always great live, they are playing How To Make Friends... in full too. 

4 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

missed em this time around :( i know their 30 Year Anniversary is next year though, so i'll get to one of those shows.

Got a ticket to see Terrorvision in May, like Therapy? always great live, they are playing How To Make Friends... in full too. 

Terrorvision... There's a blast from my past! Music in the 90s was so much better... ( old git comment)