Sign in to follow this  
Ralphy

What gigs are you going to in the next few months?

Keith Houchen    190

Yeah, seen her many times over her career and she has always been exceptional, will be missing her this time around sadly but great to hear she is on top form. Some of her band have been with her for years and years, quality stuff!

Indeed. Her vocals were the most amazing thing about it all. Her ability to control her voice and be pretty much perfect with it all etc. Vocally, it was up there with witnessing the power John Lydon still packs for a full set.

Egg Shen    11

headed down to Chepstow Racecourse tomorrow to see Feeder's big homecoming show. I've always had and will always have a soft spot for Feeder, one of the few bands ive followed since their inception (or very close to it) and whilst never being the most exciting or dangerous of rock n' roll of bands out there they've put together a solid body of work and have hit singles for days...couple of brews and a celebratory atmosphere means it should be a cracking night

Gus Mears    102

Whatever I seem to do, I seem to end up watching the Wurzels. After seeing them on two consecutive Easter weekends due to other people dropping out, they are now going to be performing at the mighty FROME CHEESE FESTIVAL which I will be attending early next month. 

Edited by Gus Mears

DEF    2

Not a gig but some might be interested none the less. Lloyd Kaufman is screening Return to Nuke 'em High Vol 1 and 2 at the Prince Charles Cinema in London on September 30th.

Prince Charles Cinema - Troma

I forget who posted it here but I went to the PCC when they had a Troma triple feature with the UK premier of Fathers Day thanks to the UKFF. It was really good fun and Lloyd is awesome in person.

Got a few good ones coming up:

John Mayall in a month or so then The War on Drugs and Steve Van Zandt within a couple of days of each other in mid-November. Have to put up with @Keith Houchen for the War on Drugs gig, like, but you can't have everything.

1 hour ago, Harry Wiseau said:

It's nearly time for the mighty Sparks, the new album is superb, i can't bloody wait.

Lucky bastard! I couldn't get tickets to their Edinburgh show, so I'm oot. I've seen them once, during the 2 Hands, 1 Mouth tour and it was brilliant.

However, I am away so see Nick Cave in two weeks, so fuck you, Harry!

Onyx2    35

With Taskmaster series 5 starting tonight (x-post What are you watching on telly?) I can't wait to see Greg Davies live in Southend next week. 

I saw a warm up gig for this tour a couple of weeks ago and it was quite good. He's done something special for the final gag which he hadn't finished at the time but it sounds like it will be brill.

Booked my tickets last night to see Dweezil Zappa on his "50 Years of Frank" tour in Birmingham next month. I'm assuming there's been a cancellation, because all the seats were full up to row M, with the exception of three seats in row C. Third row from the front? That'll do me nicely.