The UKFF Betting Topic

Great thread bump.

Here's Aintree Day One. 

I like McFabulous in the Aintree Hurdle. Plenty of these are stepping up from two miles, and this intermediate trip is bang on for my lad. No idea what happened last time out, but I fancy him to reverse form with Brewin. Likes the ground.

Latenightpass in the Foxhunters is a decent bet also. Led to just before the last at Cheltenham, this drop in trip will be bang on. Front runners do well over the big fences and hopefully he keeps out of trouble.

Miss Lamb in the last is decent value too. Finished second behind the odds on fav last time and with a 5lb pull she must have a decent chance of running well at 16s.

Don't like the first two races and The Bowl is a trappy affair. Maybe Mister Fisher might be the one

--

For the Masters I'm on Koepka at 25s, Ousthuizen at 55s and Wallace at 90s. Plus a few each way doubles with Discorama, Potters Corner and Anibale Fly in the main event on Saturday.

Edited by Max Power
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unfortunately I busted out in 111th place for a nice payday of $1,800 and change. At one point I was 3rd in chips but two bad beats in row saw me go from the penthouse to the outhouse. If those two ha

Great to see 15 years on this thread still going. For those of you interested I didnt win any of my bets placed before the 05-06 prem league season. And hello to any posters who remember me from way b

Inevitably this thread will get closed when Neil clasps his eyes on it as it is older than Impact Wrestling, but I will post my news here anyway. I have made day 2 of the World Series of Poker po

Posted Images

Here's a bit of a rough draft regarding the National itself on Saturday.

----

- Take out anything younger than 8 and older than 11. (DEFINITELY RED, TAKING RISKS, THE LONG MILE, BLAKLION, SUB LIEUTENANT, VIEUX LION ROUGE).

Eliminate anything that hasn't won over at least 3 miles (TOUT EST PERMIS, BALKO DES FLOS, SHATTERED LOVE, CLASS CONTI, FARCLAS, MINELLA TIMES).

That's a quarter of the field gone, either through inexperience or being a little 'long in the tooth'. You also need the necessary stamina to win over this marathon distance, so anything yet to win over a minimum of three miles should be ignored.

- Draw a line through anything that has failed to complete in the race before. I don't like horses that have had bad experiences in this unique race (BALLYOPTIC, LAKE VIEW LAD, ALPHA DES OBEAUX, DOUBLE SHUFFLE, AMI DESBOIS)

- Eliminate anything that hasn't finished in the top 3 in a race with more more 20 runners (BRISTOL DE MAI, TALKISCHEAP, MISTER MALARKY, KIMBERLITE CANDY, SHATTERED LOVE, JETT, CANELO, GIVE ME A COPPER, HOGANS HEIGHT).

The reasoning behind these 2 categories are that a horse must prove that they can survive and run well amongst the hustle and bustle of a large field, and a fall or a pulled up in the race previously could leave a mark.

So, we are now left with....

CHRIS'S DREAM
YALA ENKI
BURROWS SAINT
MAGIC OF LIGHT
ACAPELLA BOURGEOIS
ANIBALE FLY
ANY SECOND NOW
OK CORRAL
POTTERS CORNER
MILAN NATIVE
DISCORAMA
CLOTH CAP

There's 12 horses there, which is probably double the amount I would like to have a punt on. I'll upset Orsen by taking out CLOTH CAP, because I simply can't back anything at a single figure price in this race. It may bite me, but that's life.

ACAPELLA BOURGEOIS doesn't really go on the good ground - he prefers soft, so I'll take him out. Down to 9 now and we're getting there.

Next, I'll eliminate anything that has never experienced these fences before - not necessarily by running in this particular race, but either in The Sefton/Becher Chase etc. This removes CHRIS'S DREAM, BURROWS SAINT, ANY SECOND NOW, OK CORRAL, POTTERS CORNER and MILAN NATIVE.

And there we are, down to 3.

ANIBALE FLY - 25/1
MAGIC OF LIGHT - 14/1
DISCORAMA - 16/1

If you had to push me for the winner, I'd go for MAGIC OF LIGHT - but any of the above wouldn't surprise me.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Exactly. You wouldn’t get that with Wooly. Granted he’s have also picked the other 39 but that’s beside the point #HoopsHoopsHoops

The only bet Wooly had today was Shishkin each way. Won at 1/8. That man knows his stuff.