The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Dave Brooks is starting in Bale's role against the potato wogs tomorrow.

2 in his last 2 for Bournemouth and I fancy him tomorrow. At 11s for 1st scorer. Tom Lawrence is at 10s as well. Bookies are offering 17/2 on Ramsey which is bare cheek as he pulled out on Sunday.

Edited by PowerButchi

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Was going through some photos on my phone and was reminded of that ridiculous bet I put on last year with the pennies that were left in my SkyBet account.

Unbelievable.

Eaa3bvX.jpg

aGdeLgW.jpg

laQDKv0.jpg

Edited by Wretch

• 2 months later...

It's Cheltenham Eve. I've just finished work for the week, and I'm excited.

What are we all on this week?

Good Man Pat is my best bet of the week. Runs in the 4.50 tomorrow. About 16/1. I'll not bore you all to tears why but it basically finished 5 lengths behind a horse rated 157 last time out and gets to run off 139 tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be doing Elixir Du Nutz, Hardline and Singlefarmpayment.

Anyone heard anything?

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Max Power said:

It's Cheltenham Eve. I've just finished work for the week, and I'm excited.

What are we all on this week?

Good Man Pat is my best bet of the week. Runs in the 4.50 tomorrow. About 16/1. I'll not bore you all to tears why but it basically finished 5 lengths behind a horse rated 157 last time out and gets to run off 139 tomorrow.

Tomorrow I'll be doing Elixir Du Nutz, Hardline and Singlefarmpayment.

Anyone heard anything?

Gone for Hardline, Single and Good Man on a Trixie, Treble and Singles E/W based off this post. £7 on which was from a refund I had so don't feel like I've really lost any money. Hardline looks a cert at least. 

• Paid Members

I have to try and work out 1 for every race, because it's in my nature. The following are probably best avoided. 

Klassical Dream
Paloma Blue
Beware The Bear
Laurina
Benie Des Deux
Good Man Pat
Atlanta Ablaze.

That last race is the definition of madness though. A 4 mile novice chase for amateur jockeys. If you go wading into that with big bets you need your bumps felt. 

Christ after my day yesterday I wouldn't bother!

1.30 - Battleoverdoyen has been my long term fancy. But his trainers horses all ran shite yesterday so I'm unsure. I don't like Champ. Beakstown could outrun the odds.

2.10 - Delta Work likewise. Although it's now 3/1 which should be a gift if it turns up in any kind of form

2.50 - pick something at a big price and back it each way with Coral. They're paying 7 places each way. I've done Burbank and Ballyandy.

3.30 - Altior only loses via act of god. 

4.10 - I don't like the favourite but can't find anything to beat it. Pick something at a big price that's run well in the race before. Maybe Joesies Orders.

4.50 - Lethal Steps was a big fancy of mine, but again it's the same stable as the other fancies.

5 30- Envoi Allan Is also the same!

--

Basically if Gordon Elliot's horses run well today then I'm in clover. Momentum can be a big thing at Cheltenham though, so if the first goes in then get stuck into the others.

1.30 - Beakstown 

2.10 - Delta Work

2.50 - Ballyandy/Burbank 

3.30 and 4.10 - No Bet

4.50 - Lethal Steps and Torpillo

5.30 - Envoi Allen

Edited by Max Power