DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Scent Of A Woman last night, taped it off of ITV on Friday. Wasn't expecting too much too be honest, sounded a bit dodgy, but it's one of the last Pacino movies I haven't seen. And I have to say, it really impressed me, it was tacky at times. But I found it really enjoyable, and wanting to know what would happen next.Tacky = A blind man test driving a $110,000 Ferrari at 70 MPH, with someone shouting ''LEFT'' and ''RIGHT'' and executing turns perfectly. Then the cop who stops him lets him off, and doesn't realise he's blind.

Recent DVD's watched include:M*A*S*H Series 8 (all 3 discs)Bourne SupremacyPassion of ChristHouse of a Thousand DaggersThe Anchor Man - The Legend of Ron BurgundyM*A*S*H Series 8 (all 3 discs) - I am a huge M*A*S*H fan and especially so when the replaced Frank Burns with Major Winchester. This series is another set of classic shows from quite possibly the greatest sitcom ever created.Bourne Supremacy - Well paced film with a very interesting camera view, more like that of a documentary than a film. Great performances from Matt Damon et al and a good ending that can keep it as a stand alone film or as part of a series (I know it is the second of 3, but you get what I mean, I hope!).Passion of Christ - Even when watching this with the lights on and exchanging the odd quip with a friend, the film still brings me to tears and causes me to flinch. Whether "it is as it was" or is merely very close to what happened, it is still a very graphic portrayal of one of the most gruesome forms of punishment that man has every created. It is also a very good film.House of a Thousand Daggers - Similar to films like Hero and Crouching Tiger, this film is another beautiful film from the Orient that has fantastic scenery and a very good story. The martial arts are also spectacular, but then we have come to expect that of late. Some excellent added touches, like "daggercam", make this film a little different from the others. it's just a shame that they don't offer an English audio option as part of the DVD extras.The Anchor Man - The Legend of Ron Burgundy - A friend told me that this is possibly the most quotable film ever, and by Zeus was he right! It has the silly comedy of Farrell, the excellent cameo from Stiller, a ridiculous fight and a story that you know can't be true, yet it has so many aspects that could be that you are left wondering just how close to the truth it could be. Excellent eye candy in Christina Applegate too :love: makes this one of my favourite comedies ever!

Just watched Alien Resurrection again...Compared to Alien Vs Predator its awesome. Compared to Alien 3 its miles better, compare to Alens its shit... But still I enjoyed it...Also Watched:Freddy Got FingeredAbout 2 years ago I didn't get this film at all. Now my mind is twisted with Jackass/CKY and many other things I think its fecking hilarious... okay its a crap plot, but its hilarious. :p

Just watched Alien Resurrection again...Compared to Alien Vs Predator its awesome. Compared to Alien 3 its miles better, compare to Alens its shit... But still I enjoyed it...Also Watched:Freddy Got FingeredAbout 2 years ago I didn't get this film at all. Now my mind is twisted with Jackass/CKY and many other things I think its fecking hilarious... okay its a crap plot, but its hilarious. :p

Steve check out Haggard mate that film is so good, and will make you laugh out loud on many occasions.

Guest KANO_THE_MYSTIC

land of the dead went to see that today, bloody great film, i loved the way the flow of the film went, i wonder how many people will notice a actor from dawn of the dead remake being a zombie in Land of the dead.

Tom Savina , He was also in the original , and in other films eg dusk til dawn , and hes a major Makeup , effects, Stunt guy eg Friday 13th

Guest Dan Fears Satan

Watched Ong Bak earlier this week. Stunning film and the DVD extras are superb.I can't wait to see his next film - Tony Jaa vs Nathan Jones ~

Watched the making of ong bok today, OH MY GOD. Best making of ever, it took 3 + years to make the film :omg: Watched Freddy got fingered the other day, average, had its moments.

Cinema last night: The 40 Year Old Virgin.I loved Anchorman and knew it was the makers of that and Brick was the lead character but still wasn't expecting much. Then I read on here last night many UKFFers loved it. It was better than I originally anticipated but I didn't love it. Won't spoil the film, but the moment where he screams "YOU FUCKER!" was my favourite bit.Pirate dvd in the past week:Longest Yard was very good. Dukes Of Hazzard was good but unlike Longest Yard I doubt I'd watch it again in a hurry. Unleashed was excellent, really enjoyable stuff.DVD bought off local market for

• Paid Members

Hard Target - you stick John Woo (arguably the best action movie director of all-time) and an 'in-his-prime' Jean-Claude Van Damme together and there's only gonna be one result...a fucking classic.

i don't care what anybody says, this film has it all (as an action movie), high speed chases, some sick-ass violence, awesome bad guys, van damme knocking out a snake, explosions all over the shop, one-liners, bows and arrows, comedy...

this film is the fucking nuts, i give this 5/5 *****, as far as big-ass fun action movies this is as good as it gets.

awesome!