Great Wrestling Promo Transcripts

tiger_rick

Could someone please post the promo from ECW, back when Mikey Whipwreck and Cactus Jack were partners? The one after they won the tag belts I think, where Foley says, "He LIKES it! Mikey really, really LIKES it!". I'd like to know how this full prpmo went, as I only saw a 3 second clip of it on the Rise And Fall ECW DVD, and it seemed really awesome.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an awesome promo from Raw last week:MARIA: Shawn Michaels, tonight you're facing The Edge. Do you think you can win?SHAWN: I'll tell you what, Maria, I -- did you just call him The Edge?MARIA: [nods proudly]SHAWN: ...okay. You asked me if you thought I could win too, didn'tcha?MARIA: [nods proudly]SHAWN: I dunno, I guess now that I think about it, yeah! Yeah, I do think I can win. Especially after last week. You know something, Shelton Benjamin I have to admit gave me a run for my money last week. Shelton Benjamin, you are the finest piece of young talent that I have faced in this industry in the last 20 years, and you my friend have an incredibly bright future. Now that notwithstanding, someone's future who is not looking so bright is ... [points at Maria] The Edge! Haha! The name problems aside, he's facing the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels.

Vince russo's famous assault on hulk hogan -bash at the beach 2000Russo: There's only one way for me to do this and that's for me to tel it like it is, three weeks ago, I left WCW...HUGE RUSSO SUCKS CHANTRusso: (Serious sounding) Three weeks ago, I left WCW and quite frankly, I didn't know if I was going to come back. And the reason I didn't know if I was going to come back or not, is because from day one, that i've been in WCW, I've done nothing, nothing but deal with the bald shit of the politics behind that curtain. (Bullshit, not bald shit). The fact of the matter is I have a wife and three kids and I really don't need this shit. But let me tell you the reason why I did come back, I came back for everyone of those guys in their lockeroom who week in and week out, bust their ass for WCW, I CAME BACK, FOR THE BOOKER T'S, I CAME BACK FOR EVERY SINGLE GUY IN MIA, I CAME BACK FOR THE ANIMALS, JARRETT, THE GUYS BEHIND THAT CURTAIN, WHO GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS COMPANY, AND LET ME TELL YOU WHO DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THIS COMPANY, THAT GOD DAMMED POLITICIAN HULK HOGAN, WHAT HAPPENED OUT HERE TONIGHT, ALL DAY LONG, I"M PLAYING POLITICS WITH HULK HOGAN, BECAUSE HULK HOGAN TONIGHT WANTS TO PLAY HIS CREATIVE CONTROL CARD, AND TO HIM, THAT MEANT THAT TONIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS RING, HE KNEW IT WAS BULLSHIT, HE'D BEAT JEFF JARRETT, well guess what, Hogan got his wish, and got his belt, and he went home, I promise everyone here on my god damn grave, you will never see that piece of shit again! I know you paid good money to come here tonight, and no one is going to be ripped off tonight. So Hulk Hogan now has the WCW belt..and Hulk, let's refer to that as the Hulk Hogan memorial belt, BECAUSE FROM HERE ON OUT, THAT BELT DON'T MEAN SHIT!!!! BECAUSE, THERE WILL BE A NEW WCW BELT, AND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED, THAT BELT STILL BELONGS TO THE ONE GUY WHO BUSTED HIS ASS WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT IN THIS RING, AND YOU CAN LOVE HIM, OR HATE HIM, BUT HE DOESN"T SCREW ANYONE BACKSTAGE, AND THAT'S JEFF JARRETT...Jeff Jarrett is still the official WCW Champion, but he will defend that title, in this ring tonight, AND HE WILL DEFEND THAT TITLE, AGAINST A SON OF A BITCH BACK THERE WHO FOR 14 YEARS HAS BEEN BUSTING HIS ASS IN WCW AND CAN'T GET A GOD DAMN BREAK BECAUSE OF HULK HOGAN...AND I'M TALKING ABOUT BOOKER T!!!!!!!!!! BOOKER T AND JEFF JARRETT ARE THE TWO REASONS WHY I'M IN THIS GOD DAMN RING TO BEGIN WITH, SO TONIGHT, THOSE TWO GUYS WILL COMPETE FOR THE NEW WCW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE! AND HOGAN YOU BIG BALD SON OF A BITCH, KISS MY ASSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may seem an odd request but take pity on me. Following a few weeks of watching many old WCW tapes with Rhodes as a colour guy, and NWA tapes with Rhodes facing off against Flair, my appreciation of the man has been re-ignited.So I was wondering if anyone could even point me in the direction of a site with Dusty interview transcripts, or if anyone knows any well enough to post them.Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

loving the thread guysok a challenge for you.....jake roberts was feuding with undertaker and i think it was from a ppv, all i remember was jake asking taker to trust him and suddenly becoming a thirteen year old jake worshipper

• 1 month later...

Had to search for this topic again after watching an old beauty over the weekend.

From WWF SummerSlam 1989 ...

Mean Gene:

"Dusty Rhodes, you're going to be meeting the Honky Tonk Man. Your last minute thoughts?"

Dusty Rhodes:

"Oooh let me tell ya about my thoughts tonight!

I ain't been tho excited thince my first date with Sally Gooden.

And bethides that the facts are in.

The man say Dusty Rhodeth: I aaaaam the proprietor ... hoohoo ... of Heartbreak Hotel.

I aaaaaam the man that wears the blue thuede shoeth.

You can't thing? Haha proved ya wrong!

You can't danth? We know I can dance thircles around you.

And now you say prove to me in pullic? ... hmm ... if you will ...

Come and get it at ThummerThlam. Excitement galore!

So Honky Tonk: tonight ... jutht a few momenth.

You get yo opportunity to show the pullic that Dusty Rhodeth cant wrestle

and brother you can mark thith one down tonight Im gonna kick yo booty! haha hee!"

:cool:

Here's an awesome promo from Raw last week:MARIA: Shawn Michaels, tonight you're facing The Edge. Do you think you can win?SHAWN: I'll tell you what, Maria, I -- did you just call him The Edge?MARIA: [nods proudly]SHAWN: ...okay. You asked me if you thought I could win too, didn'tcha?MARIA: [nods proudly]SHAWN: I dunno, I guess now that I think about it, yeah! Yeah, I do think I can win. Especially after last week. You know something, Shelton Benjamin I have to admit gave me a run for my money last week. Shelton Benjamin, you are the finest piece of young talent that I have faced in this industry in the last 20 years, and you my friend have an incredibly bright future. Now that notwithstanding, someone's future who is not looking so bright is ... [points at Maria] The Edge! Haha! The name problems aside, he's facing the Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels.

On a similar note recently whenever i see Edge mentioned in the tv guide hes called The Edge..well i thouight it was funny anyway :(

• 1 month later...

Once again, I've bumped this topic after hearing an absolute corker.

New Jack : Hardcore Homecoming - June 10th 2005 at the (former) ECW Arena.

newjacksig.jpg

"You know what? Somebody gave me a choice.

And I

Edge from RAW last week:

I saw your promo last week, Matt, and I think it was pathetic! It was absolutely pathetic and after all the months of dragging our names though the mud, our personal lives out there for everyone to see and that's all you can muster up from your stomach, from your guts?! Well, my hands are shaking and it's from hate. Its from real emotion, Matt. This! This is passion! This is intensity. This is real! This is why Lita left your for me. You said last week that you wanted me to get in a car accident. For me, it's the opposite. I want you being nice and safe, Matt. You get in the car and strap that seatbelt in tight. Because at Summerslam, I'm gonna prove that you don't measure up as a man to me in, in, in any way. In any way.You whined and complained and you bitched and moaned last week saying Lita was the girl of your dreams. You wanted to marry her. Matt, you were with her for six years but you never proposed. So let me fill in the blanks here. I figured it out. You see, no one comes before Matt Hardy and his wrestling legacy. I've heard you say it! Nothing comes before V1. That being said, Matt, you should thank me. That sounds strange, but you should thank me. You've never gotten reactions like this before in your career. You're in the main event picture now and why? Why? Because you're riding my coattails in. Yeah. You see while you were defending the Cruiserweight Championship, running around with your little MFers, me? I was fighting Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H, Shawn Michaels - I earned my main event stripes! I deserve to be where I am. And why are you here? Because your girlfriend fell in love with a main eventer.So Matt Hardy, the main event spotlight is shining on you. Your 15 minutes in the spotlight is shining and I know it feels good. But we're 13 minutes into it and time is slowly ticking away and at Summerslam, Matt, I end it. And I know that cuts close to the bone, I know it does, and I know it hurts. The truth usually does.

Awesome.

Edge from RAW last week:

I saw your promo last week, Matt, and I think it was pathetic! It was absolutely pathetic and after all the months of dragging our names though the mud, our personal lives out there for everyone to see and that's all you can muster up from your stomach, from your guts?! Well, my hands are shaking and it's from hate. Its from real emotion, Matt. This! This is passion! This is intensity. This is real! This is why Lita left your for me. You said last week that you wanted me to get in a car accident. For me, it's the opposite. I want you being nice and safe, Matt. You get in the car and strap that seatbelt in tight. Because at Summerslam, I'm gonna prove that you don't measure up as a man to me in, in, in any way. In any way.You whined and complained and you bitched and moaned last week saying Lita was the girl of your dreams. You wanted to marry her. Matt, you were with her for six years but you never proposed. So let me fill in the blanks here. I figured it out. You see, no one comes before Matt Hardy and his wrestling legacy. I've heard you say it! Nothing comes before V1. That being said, Matt, you should thank me. That sounds strange, but you should thank me. You've never gotten reactions like this before in your career. You're in the main event picture now and why? Why? Because you're riding my coattails in. Yeah. You see while you were defending the Cruiserweight Championship, running around with your little MFers, me? I was fighting Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, Triple H, Shawn Michaels - I earned my main event stripes! I deserve to be where I am. And why are you here? Because your girlfriend fell in love with a main eventer.So Matt Hardy, the main event spotlight is shining on you. Your 15 minutes in the spotlight is shining and I know it feels good. But we're 13 minutes into it and time is slowly ticking away and at Summerslam, Matt, I end it. And I know that cuts close to the bone, I know it does, and I know it hurts. The truth usually does.

Awesome.
That Edge one was excellent.I remember people saying Edge did another really good one a few weeks ago including the lines "get back to the indies" and someone who's name he wasn't allowed to say.Can anyone post a transcript of that one? :thumbsup:

I am looking for a transcript, but this is the closet I can find for now. It's from a PWTorch Raw Report.

Grisham interviewed Edge and Lita backstage. Edge said he's not feeling good about being locked in a cage with the deranged, psychotic loser like Kane. He said at least it will keep another deranged, psychotic loser out of the match. He said Grisham looked confused. He said he is talking about that person he's not allowed to talk about him. He mentioned he couldn't separate his personal life and professional life. He said he interrupted Lita on Byte This last week. He said since everyone has been asking, yes, the last six months of his life has been miserable. He said having geeks who sit at their keyboards who have never been in a relationship and have been commenting on their lives sucks. He got really angry, and actually showed some real emotion without the smarmy smirk that's usually underlying all of his promos. It felt as real as anything he's ever said on a promo. It's the first official comment of any kind, worked or shoot, he's made about that situation.

• 2 months later...

Bumped, with added William Regal to Triple H in 2004:

Dear dear dear dear. Someone has lost their temper, haven't they? I hate to be the one to inform you, lad, but, Eugene isn't here this week. You honestly don't think that I would lead that lamb to slaughter, no no no no. What kind of a man do you think would let Eugene into the building last week? Rather perplexing question, isn't it? What kind of a diabolical villain do you think would tell Eugene to get involved in your match? It was me, sunshine! You see, me and you know each other very well indeed, don't we? Let me give you people a little history lesson. Eleven years ago, me and you were a tag team in WCW. In fact, I was your mentor, wasn't I? Yes indeed I was. What can I say? I mean, let's face facts - some people, people like us, we're just born naughty, we are. That's why we gravitated toward each other. And if you would have used and abused anyone else except for that poor, dear boy Eugene, I would have applauded your cunning. But for a clever man like yourself...it was very foolish to take advantage of a disadvantaged boy. Because now, you've made an enemy out of me! And if you want to fight, look no bloody further! Because I will quite gladly now, go and change into my ring attire, and I will join you back in that ring, and I will BATTLE YOU with EVERY OUNCE of VILE AND VENOM that RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS!

Another from Hardcore Homecoming:

gertnerathh.jpg

"Well well well ....

It is I:

The bacon in her eggs.

The man for whom she begs.

And the face between her legs.

The lyrical miracle.

The sexual intellectual.

And the quintessential studmuffin

Joel

Edited by dopper