Great Wrestling Promo Transcripts

tiger_rick

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On page 1, I did a couple of Jake Roberts promos, including his pre-match one from Tuesday in Texas.This is his post-match one:

Jake Roberts: Congratulate me Gene, huh?Gene Okerlund: After taking a look at that, you are a bona fide sicko, Jake Roberts. Hitting a woman?! How could you?!JR: A woman? No man wants a woman who's going to lay down and grovel, and beg for somebody's life. If it's a woman that I want, I want her to stand up; stand up and be that... be what I want.As far as slapping her, yeah - I slapped her, but I slap myself, I'll slap you, Gene Okerlund.But I'll tell you something, Randy Savage. DDTing you was fine; that really felt good. But the best feeling I ever had in my life was when I grabbed ahold of your woman's hair, and jerked her up off of her knees - that was good. And then when I put my hand across her face, my man, it felt so good I should have to pay for that. Yeah - I would pay to do that.So the next time you think about crossing a snake's path - and a snake chooses his own path, where nobody else wants to go - if you think about it again... but if you do decide to, please do me one little favour. I'm begging you, please bring her back; let me touch her again. I can cultivate her into something that even I could want - yeah, I could do that.Trust me. Trust me.

I was going to, but when he starts running around and throwing things it's quite hard to make out."I'm going to hurt you, Mike!" was a good finishing line, it has to be said.

I seem to remember a lot of "Do you think I'm gonna use a fucking script?" type phrases.

• Paid Members

On page 1, I did a couple of Jake Roberts promos, including his pre-match one from Tuesday in Texas.This is his post-match one.

Now that's how to be a heel and draw heat.

• Paid Members

On page 1, I did a couple of Jake Roberts promos, including his pre-match one from Tuesday in Texas.This is his post-match one.

Now that's how to be a heel and draw heat.
As great a promo as it is, it wouldn't draw 1% of the heat now because slapping a woman means nothing. Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

As great a promo as it is, it wouldn't draw 1% of the heat now because slapping a woman means nothing.

Back then, though, you can tell that would have really gotten under the skin of the WWF audience at the time. Men, women and children alike would have wanted to see Randy give him his comeuppance for treating and talking about Elizabeth in such a way.I reckon you could still draw heat with violence towards women, if done right. It's still something that they won't show on Sky, remember.

As great a promo as it is, it wouldn't draw 1% of the heat now because slapping a woman means nothing.

Back then, though, you can tell that would have really gotten under the skin of the WWF audience at the time. Men, women and children alike would have wanted to see Randy give him his comeuppance for treating and talking about Elizabeth in such a way.I reckon you could still draw heat with violence towards women, if done right. It's still something that they won't show on Sky, remember.
The last time there was real heat for a man putting his hands on a woman was when Chris Benoit nutted Stephanie in October 2000. that was pretty shocking.However, what you say about Savage and his quest for revenge, I think the snakebite incident is a million time worse than Roberts slapping Liz.

• Paid Members

"December 17th, Drew Galloway once again returns to the ICW arena. "So ladies, get ready to get wet. Hell, guys: get ready to get wet! Hell, grannies that have passed menopause will once again get wet one more time! Old men will have heart attacks; the dead will rise just to catch a glimse of the man who's carrying something that is huge, something that is long, something that is thick, and something that all the ladies want to touch. That's right, it's the ICW Heavyweight Championship belt! So Wolfgang, I'll see you on the 17th of December. Fans, I'll see you ringside!"

Drew Galloway's pre-show promo from Insane Championship Wrestling's "Stop! He's Already Dead!" event. This promo had me in stitches the first time I watched it.

YouTube link -

Anyone got JBL's ONS2 promo? That was truly superb stuff.

nyc05.jpgECW CROWD:"FUCK YOU SMACKDOWN! FUCK YOU SMACKDOWN"JBL:"Watch what you say about SmackDown.Don't you bring your dog & pony show.Don't you bring your backyard quality wrestling showinto JBL's town of New York, and embarrass this business.Hey, wait a minute.ECW. I recognise that ring ..."ECW CROWD:"YOU SUCK DICK! YOU SUCK DICK!"JBL:"I see no women here and you're chanting about a male organ.Now tell me who's the fruit-booty?I sat in that ring right there last year.One year ago everybody's going hardcore, hardcore.While a certain fat, blue piece of crap sat there and bled and cried.Then what happened? You guys get on your internet and say JBL is a bully.JBL is a bad guy. You know what happened to me?Do you know what happened to me when I knocked one of your boys out?Knocked his fat ass out? You know what happened to me?Nothing.You know why?Because there's not an ECW guy nor a man alive that can do anything to me.Sounds to me like I am the King of hardcore.And Big Show. Kurt Angle. They are our stars.Rob Van Dam made his name in the WWE.He is a star. But he is a star because of people like me.He is a star because of SmackDown.He is a star because of Vince McMahon.And Tazz.You're leaving Network television to go to Tuesday nights on the Sci-Fi Channel?!You're a household name, Tazz. Because of us.But how appropriate it is, you bunch of Star Trek little geeks love the Sci-Fi Channel.And now you get your ECW. Ha ha ha ha ha.It's very appropriate".ECW CROWD:"SHUT THE FUCK UP! SHUT THE FUCK UP!"JBL:"Remember this: you paid to see me. I didn't pay to see any one of you"TAZZ:"But you weren't even advertised"JBL:"Tazz, I want to thank you.Because if you hadn't left they would have had to fire you.Because I'm announcing right now: JBL's coming back!I am the voice of Smackdown.What you see on FOX News, what you see on TheStreet.com,what you see on my nationally syndicated radio show.I am the voice of the A-show,and by the way folks - you're in the minor leagues here.I am the voice of Smackdown.And you can take your telephone book with youbecause I can see over the desk.So go ahead and watch your little show.Go ahead and drink Paul Heyman's Cool-Aid.But know this: the greatest wrestler, the King of Hardcore,the person who says he is: come hell, come high water, come the creek don't rise.I am who I say I am and I am a wrestling god.Now kiss my ass. This show sucks"

That JBL promo doesn't read as well as it sounded / was to watch. Maybe because a lot of it was based on the crowd he was in front of and his reactions to the "You suck dick!" chants etc. were much better watching them, waiting to see what he was going to say about Sci-Fi, etc.?

• Paid Members

ECW CROWD:"YOU SUCK DICK! YOU SUCK DICK!"JBL:"I see no women here and you're chanting about a male organ.Now tell me who's the fruit-booty?.....................................Now kiss my ass. This show sucks"

I love JBL. He's great.