WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

After deciding I've got all I'm going to get out of Red Dead Redemption, I traded it in this afternoon along with a few other bits and pieces (including the really rubbish Naughty Bear, which I'm sort of ashamed I even bought in the first place) and ended up with a lovely big CEX credit note. It has been spent already - this weekend will be filled with Alan Wake, Metro 2033, Splinter Cell Conviction, Infamous, GTA Liberty City Stories (I never made it to the end of either of the PSP GTA games, so it'll be nice to catch up), and Darksiders and Just Cause 2 which just came through from Lovefilm. Not leaving the house is my favourite thing ever :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a broke student, I'm attempting to purchase at least one pre-played game per week, preferring to not spend much more than a tenner at a time. This week it's Ninja Gaiden II which is lots of button-bashing bloodletting fun. The bosses make me want to throw my control pad through the television sometimes though.

• Paid Members
Being a broke student, I'm attempting to purchase at least one pre-played game per week, preferring to not spend much more than a tenner at a time. This week it's Ninja Gaiden II which is lots of button-bashing bloodletting fun. The bosses make me want to throw my control pad through the television sometimes though.

Is it is tough as people say? I have a friend who cites beating Gaiden II on the hardest difficulty as his greatest achievement in gaming

• 3 weeks later...

I just got hold of Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker for PSP, how brilliant is that? Seriously impressive and easily the best game on PSP. Also got the Oblivion Game of the year edition to replay on PS3 as I never played any of the DLC when I originally had it on 360. Plenty of gaming there to tide me over before the big releases come out for xmas.

• Paid Members

Spent about two hours earlier playing Rabbids Go Home on the Wii with the landlord's wife (as he was playing WoW, and there was sod all better to do).

It's only a tenner in Asda at the moment apparently, but it's pretty fun. I wouldn't advise playing it solo, but with a mate to play it with it's a good laugh. I would, however, advise not playing for two hours only to think "Hang on, we began this game without being able to save as there wasn't enough space on the Wii memory... bollocks".

Sorry but taking a page out of Triple A's book

Been revisiting some old classics on mine 1 on the Commadore 64 and one the Snes

Which are

1. Super Soccer (SNES) 1992

snes-super-soccer-box-front.jpg

Dispite my hatred for Soccer now a days, I was only about 9 when I played this and Supported some team at the time. But looking back at it now, its a game thats extremely simples and fun to play. It didnt use the Camera angle fifa did but a South-North Camera (Or whatever its called in fifa). You pass or Shoot, slide tackle or sholder Bardge. Really enjoyed it still do. The music is brilliant

listen from 3 minutes onwards) some "drama" based music in the game, one of the main reasons I loved this game. The tatics were simple pick a formation like 4-4-2 or whatever took your fancy and aim for goal.

Downside, graphics and lack of teams and no actual soccer players names used. Saying that when someone tells me about some soccer players today or a pop star im still saying "WHO?"

8/10

2. The Living Day Lights (Commadore 64) 1987

938-1.jpg

This is another from my childhood unfortunatly I was 4 when I first had this. It's like Time Crisis 2D. A simple Scroller game with enemies in the background for you to shoot.

Upside you got to play as James Bond

Downside, Very Difficult and awkward with a Joystick that had little sensitivity settings. And fuck off Solid.

5/10, Must Try Hard

Slow day sorry bored.

Finally since its just appeared on the iphone one of my Favorite games

3. Kickstart 2 (Commodore 64) 1987

PRODTHM-1937.jpg

Another game from my childhood and HAPPY to say I found a Commodore 64 collection on the apps store which has this game on it plus several others. I'm this is the game which inspired Trails HD on the 360 XBLA. Its a simple game choose your track from 26 or even make your own which was great for its day.

Basically it's a 2d stunt bike game where you must over come obstacles in order to get the best time. Ranging from Bunny hops, benches, Fire, Big Ass Jumps, gates, breeze blocks the list goes on. No where as hard as Trails HD but damn good fun playing, funny too. The background music works really well with the while playing the game and the sound byte for falling off your bike causes me to giggle.

9/10 Could of had more Tracks but hell you can make your own. It could of had an competition mode or tournament mode.

Edited by ajmcstyles

Bought Kane & Lynch 2 Dog Days. Not too bad I suppose, but 4 hours (if that) later me & my girlfriend had finished it. The ending is shit & expected more levels after. Theres arcade mode which is basically you & some hired guns robbing money, diamonds and other high priced trinkets. You run in have shoot outs, rob then run to the helicopter or van or whatever they arranged to pick you up. Overall not too bad but defo not worth 40 fucking quid.

• Paid Members

I just finished Borderlands. I think its the longest game I've ever played.. not due to the main storyline but the side missions that you can do.

It took me a while to get into it, but its really really good. They have so many different types of enemies you face so it never gets boring.

Highly recommend it to any shooter fans!