The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Two Questions....

1)What's the plans for Paul Heyman? I'm assuming he was written off when he was put in a casket by The Underweartaker on SD in the weeks leading up to the Rumble, are they holding him back to do something with the (possible) ECW PPV? or is it a punishment for daring to even question the McMahon-Helmsley regime?

B) Anyone know where I could get that spoof Kevin Nash 'My Sacrifice' video from? I remember seeing it on Wrestlecrap yonks ago, but had completely forgot about it until Mr Lister's earlier post! :laugh:

Edit -

Another question, that's always bugged me...

Why is a hold never broken when they reach the ropes? as far as I was aware, if someone grabbed the ropes, the hold should automatically be broken, but instead they just drag them centre ring and the hold remains, it bugs me ... never used to happen, dammit!!

Edited by Gossy

• Paid Members

Anyone know where Billy Kidman is hes not been on tv since December? is he injured?  :confused:

Also, Matt Hardy! Where the heck is he? I thought he just had a back sprain or something?
There was a thread about Hardy's return plans last week, but I was avoiding spoilers so didn't read it.

Also, Matt Hardy!  Where the heck is he?  I thought he just had a back sprain or something?

Poor lad fudged his knee. What with Lita's knackered knee too, must take 'em ages to answer the door in that house.EDIT: I read "back sprain" as "spack brain". Doh. Edited by gwailofilms

Anyone know where Billy Kidman is hes not been on tv since December? is he injured?  :confused:

Also, Matt Hardy! Where the heck is he? I thought he just had a back sprain or something?
It was a nagging knee injury, and he had to get surgery. He should be back in the next couple of months though.

• Paid Members

Why is a hold never broken when they reach the ropes? as far as I was aware, if someone grabbed the ropes, the hold should automatically be broken, but instead they just drag them centre ring and the hold remains, it bugs me ... never used to happen, dammit!!

It's never been explicitly explained, but since Angle-Lesnar at SummerSlam 2003, the rule seems to be that you don't have to break the hold just because the opponent grabs the ropes. However, the ref will start a count and if he gets to five and the opponent is still holding the ropes, you are DQed. If you break away from the ropes, the ref will/can stop the count.

It's never been explicitly explained, but since Angle-Lesnar at SummerSlam 2003, the rule seems to be that you don't have to break the hold just because the opponent grabs the ropes. However, the ref will start a count and if he gets to five and the opponent is still holding the ropes, you are DQed. If you break away from the ropes, the ref will/can stop the count.
...which sucks.

...which sucks.
And seems pretty illogical, surely the point of trying to get to the ropes in the first place is to have the hold broken, bah!

• Paid Members

Anyone have the results for the 21st February 2005 Smackdown House Show?

credit: www.obsessedwithwrestling.comWarning: NO WAY OUT spoilers !!!!!

Torrie Wilson b Joy Giovanni and Dawn Marie and Miss Jackie and Lauren Noname and Michelle McCool and Rochelle Noname in a Best Body Contest, Chavo Guerrero b Sho Funaki and Spike Dudley and Shannon Moore and Scotty Too Hotty in a 5-WAY elimination match, John Cena b Rene Dupree to retain the US title, Orlando Jordon b Charlie Hass, The Undertaker & Booker T b Kurt Angle & Luther Reigns, John Bradshaw Layfield b The Big Show to retain the WWE title, Hardcore Holly b Mark Jindrak, Eddy Guerrero & Rey Mysterio b The Basham Brothers to retain the Tag Team titles..

Edited by tiger_rick

How long was Barry Windham involved with the WWF for in 1989? I know he is on the back of the Survivor Series 1989 video as he was meant to be a member of Randy Savage's team that night. What happened?

How long was Barry Windham involved with the WWF for in 1989? I know he is on the back of the Survivor Series 1989 video as he was meant to be a member of Randy Savage's team that night. What happened?

It must have been a matter of weeks or months-it was long enough for him to get a theme tune though, as I have a copy of that on my PC.