The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Ok. long story short I was having a conversation the other day that got round to HBK screaming "Hard Camera!" at Khali during the 07 Rumble and it got me thinking about something that I'm not sure is real or if I've somehow imagined it - Did Sting once give a promo in WCW in which he stood the entire time with his back to the hard camera?

• Paid Members

Yes, but it was on purpose. To point out that he felt he had been turned on by the fans so he was turning his back on them.

Right, I see. So it was during the black hair but still the old Stinger period, just before he went to Blockbusters and rented The Crow?
Here it isIt was a week after 'Sting' attacked Luger. Luger and other wrestlers, commentators didnt understand why Sting would join the nWo, Sting proclaimed his innocence and was upset that no one believed him. This led to the War Games match at Fall Brawl 96. Would Sting be team WCW or nWo? 'Sting' came out as team nWo but the crowd were suspicious. Then finally the final member of Team WCW was the REAL STING! *Huge pop* The dastardly nWo had their own "Bogus Sting". The real Sting didnt attack Luger at all. Real Sting beat the shit out of the nWo including the fake Sting, then told Luger to "stick it" for not believing him and walked out on them.This led to WCW losing the match and Sting lurking in the shadows for 18 months while everyone wondered weekly whose side he was on. Also in Bischoffs book, Eric says that Scott Hall came up with the "Scary Sting" idea, Bischoff also believed that Scott went to Blockbusters that weekend.Wayyyy too much information for your question, but I fucking love that angle.Oh sod it, everyone watch Sting's Army. Great stuff. It was also the only decent thing Buff Bagwell was a part of in his entire career.

Does anyone know the story concerning Shawn Michaels being a dick towards The Rock in his rookie year? I'm curious to hear about what he did.

I believe that when Rocky first turned up HBk and HHH picked on him, partly because he was the new kid but also becuase Bret took a shine to him and any friend of Brets was obviously fair game for the clique. I don't think they did anyhing specific/major but they didn't go out of their way to make his life easy.When you take into account the fact that Rocky hated Micheals even before arriving in the WWE I'm guessing that first year cemented the heat between them that still seems to be there even now.

Does anyone know the story concerning Shawn Michaels being a dick towards The Rock in his rookie year? I'm curious to hear about what he did.

I believe that when Rocky first turned up HBk and HHH picked on him, partly because he was the new kid but also becuase Bret took a shine to him and any friend of Brets was obviously fair game for the clique. I don't think they did anyhing specific/major but they didn't go out of their way to make his life easy.When you take into account the fact that Rocky hated Micheals even before arriving in the WWE I'm guessing that first year cemented the heat between them that still seems to be there even now.
Cheers for the reply. I didn't realise there was the Bret Vs. Shawn element mixed in there as well. Any idea why Rocky had issues with Shawn Michaels before he got there?

Cheers for the reply. I didn't realise there was the Bret Vs. Shawn element mixed in there as well. Any idea why Rocky had issues with Shawn Michaels before he got there?
I believe the story is that Micheals worked on a show run by Rock's grandfather and was a complete and utter cock (shocking I know) and all those years later when Rock turned up in the WWE he hadn't forgotten it and wasn't the kind of person to let something like that slide. Edited by Joe_the_Lion

I know I've missed the bandwagon, but I've gone beyond wanting an LAX t-shirt and into needing one.

I don't really want to bother with eBay and I can't find that TNA Euroshop that was around.

Where's the best place (cheapest, best selection) to buy TNA t-shirts online that deliver to the UK?

Why did TNA stick Cheerleader Melissa under the Raisha Saed gimmick, seems a bit of a waste when they could of got anyone to do the same job.Are there any plans for her to "unmask" and actually become her own wrestler?

I dunno but I ain't happy about it. :angry: I'm guessing it's a copyright issue, much like Amazing Kong becoming Awesome Kong, Shantelle Taylor becoming Taylor Wilde etc.I know she wrestled one TV match as Cheerleader Melissa :love: and certainly it would make sense to me to have her unmask and wrestle in that role in the future.TNA has a damn fine talent on its hands, I hope it realises that.