The 10 Matches You Take...

Midnight Zeus

Do you not get SD & Raw form anyone any more?

Nah. Lost interest in early 2003. Only seen a few comps and WM 19 & 20 since then. Getting all PPV's I missed shortly though. Whether or not I'll actually watch them is a totally different matter. That FF button will probably come in handy, what with all the non-Nash stuff.

Oh, and what business have you got calling Austin vs. Hart the best match of the decade when Austin vs. Rock exists?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bret Hart vs. Chris Benoit - WCW Nitro 4/10/99Probably my favourite match of all time. Had an excellent mix of superb technical wrestling and emotion.Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels - Wrestlemania 19A match I never thought would happen. The build up was excellent and was my favourite match of 2003Cactus Jack vs. Triple H - Royal Rumble 2000The match that made me a wrestling fan again. Loved it from start to finish.Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wreslemania 17I really enjoyed all 3 of their wrestlemania matches but this one is my favourite.The Hardy Boyz vs. The Dudley Boyz - Royal Rumble 2000Excellent tag match which led to the series of tlc matches with E&C.Goldberg vs Scott Steiner - Fall Brawl 2000An excellent match, I was surprised at just how good this was, both were at their best.Kurt Angle vs. Shane McMahon - King of The Ring 2001Good hardcore match.Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - Wrestlemania 3Still excellent today.Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior - Wrestlemania 6Loved it a the time when I was a huge Warrior mark. :confused:Brock Lesnar vs. Eddie GuerreroWanted a match from this year. Great match and so good to Eddie finally win the title.

Here's mine:Bret Hart vs Owen Hart-Steel Cage, Summerslam 94Still stands up today as on of the best steel cage matches going and while I would like to take 10 Bret matches if I have to pick one then this will be it. I just love the drama of it, they didn't just resort to mindless brutality and the match really told a story.Chris Hero vs CM Punk-2/3 Falls, 90 minute time limit, IWA:MS When Hero met PunkThe longest match I have ever seen between two of the best US indy talents today. It is amazing how compelling this match is, they draw you in right from the first minute and hold your attention for 92 minutes.Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat-WMIIIThis bout just amazed me, wrestlers didn't have matches like this in 1987!!! It also had quite a good story to it, it wasn't just a thrown together undercard match and the bout really meant something.Stone Cold vs The Rock-WMX7Two of the greatest names in the buisness in their finest hour. I still believe the exchange of finishers and near-falls in this on to be the greatest sequence of moves EVER in a wrestling match.Bill Goldberg vs Diamond Dallas Page-Halloween Havoc 98This may seem like an odd choice but this one of Goldberg's most memorable encounters besides from his battle with Hogan but I am using him later. These two had a gripping battle that the crowd were in to.Hulk Hogan vs Vince McMahon-WM19Nobody expected this street fight to be so good but I was marking all the way. The expressions on Vinny Macs face were quality (heeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrreeesss VINCE!!!), Piper's interference was a genuine suprise which you don't get often in wrestling today and the whole match just gelled so well.Undertaker vs Mankind-HIAC WWF King of the Ring 98This caged encounter is one of the greatest spectacles in wrestling history and the crowd were in genuine shock when Foley was flung from the cell time after time. Bruta; and brilliant.Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi-Navigate for EvolutionThis is always seen as something of a love-hate match and I inclined towards the former, these two legends recaptured the old magic and took it to new levels.Kurt Angle vs Eddie Guerrero-WMXXThis was neither mans best encounter ever but it was a classic battle between the recently crowned champ and a man who we may never see at this level again. Truly a technical masterpiece.HHH vs Benoit vs HBK-WMXXMatch of the show, match of the year so far, it had emotion, big moves, rabid crowd reactions and it had a main event slot in the biggest card in history. Nuff said.There is so many other matches I could of included but these are the definitive 10.

1.The Powers of Pain, The Rockers, The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation, and The Young Stallions vs. Demolition, The Brain Busters, The Bolsheviks, Fabulous Rougeaus, and The Conquistadors – Survivor Series 19882.Rock 'n' Sock Connection vs. Ric Flair, Randy Orton & Batista - WM203.Road Warriors vs. Steiners - WCW Future Shock4.Brock Lesnar vs. Kurt Angle Ironman - Smackdown5.Five Star Flash vs. Doug Williams - BCW No Blood No Sympathy tour 20036.Jonny Storm vs. Jody Fleish - CZW Best of The Best 27.HHH vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit - WM208.Austin vs. Vince McMahon Steel Cage - St. Valentines Day Massacre9.Outsiders + Hogan vs. Sting, Savage & Luger - Bash 9610.Kane vs. Taker - WM20

In no particular order:Cactus Jack vs Triple H, Royal Rumble 2000The match that started me watching wrestling again. I haven't seen it since but it left me breathless at the time.Chigusa Nagayo vs Dump Matsumoto, Hair vs Hair, 8/85I'm only half-sure it's the 8/85 match that I mean here. Anyway, Dump cheats like hell, stabs Nagayo lots with a fork, beats the crap out of her until she can't stand up any more, and then cuts all her pretty hair off. Fantastic.Genki Horiguchi, Susumu Yokusuka & Ryo Saito vs Mochizuki Masaaki, Dragon Kid & Kenichiro Arai, Toryumon 6/03From the Toryumon 5th Anniversary show. I'll take this over the MPW These Days 10-man every time, because the finish is built up much better and makes more sense. While the sprint sections are just as lunatic, this match has EVIL GENKI~, and that's enough to tip the balance.Mayumi Ozaki & Dynamite Kansai vs Manami Toyota & Toshiyo Yamada, 2/3 falls, Dreamslam 2, 1993Excitement on a stick. Kansai pins Toyota in about 20 seconds after a Splash Mountain bomb. They can't possibly come back from that... can they?Eddie Guerrero vs Brock Lesnar, No Way Out 2004Screw Wrestlemania. This was the markout moment of 2004 so far. Come back Brock, all is forgiven. :(Edge & Christian vs The Dudley Boys vs The Hardy Boys, TLC match, Summerslam 2000I usually don't go for brawls or spotfests at all, but this one's truly special.Chris Benoit vs Kurt Angle, Royal Rumble 2003I really wanted the tag final from No Mercy 2002, but ended up ruling that out in favour of using Edge for the TLC match. Anyway, this was my favourite match from last year. I've seen it half a dozen times and I still buy one of the nearfalls in the middle.Jushin "Thunder" Liger vs The Great Sasuke, Super J Cup semi-final, 1994Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi, 3/03Just because. I'm sure all of these guys (except maybe Sasuke) have had better matches, but I've not seen them, so I'm having these two.The Rock vs Chris Jericho, Royal Rumble 2002I've seen much better matches than this, but I'm damned if I'm going to a desert island without a Rock or Jericho fix, so these guys squeeze in at number 10. The pre-match video package has one of my favourite Rock moments in it: "The Rock... does not think... that you are a joke." Gotta love it.

Randy Savage vs Ultimate Warrior (WM 7)RVD vs Jerry Lynn (Living Dangerously 99)The Dudley Boyz vs The Hardy Boyz vs E&C(WM 17)Rey Misterio Jr. vs Eddie Guerrero(Halloween Havoc 97)Triple H vs Shawn Michaels(SS 02)Paul London vs AJ Styles vs Low Ki(the first Anniversary Show of ROH)Christopher Daniels vs Homicide (ROH: Epic Encounter 03)Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit(RR 03)Mitsuharu Misawa vs Kenta Kobashi(from AJPW 24 Anniversary Show)Jushin Liger vs Ultimo Dragon(from one of a joint show of WCW and New Japan)

Without thinking about it too deeply, and in no particular order:Steve Austin V Bret Hart (WM13)Steve Austin V The Rock (WM17)Ultimate Warrior V Randy Savage (WM7)Midnight Express V Southern Boys (GAB90)Doug Williams V American Dragon (RoH Road To The Title)Rock, Too Cool, Rikishi & Cactus Jack V HHH, X-Pac & Radicalz (Raw)Dean Malenko V Scotty 2-Hotty (Backlash 2000)Undertaker V Mankind (KotR 1998)Terry Funk V Sabu V Shane Douglas (ECW Feb 94)Jake Roberts V Randy Savage (Tuesday In Texas)Wow, no WCW. I've surprised myself there...

Without thinking about it too deeply, and in no particular order:Steve Austin V Bret Hart (WM13)Steve Austin V The Rock (WM17)Ultimate Warrior V Randy Savage (WM7)Midnight Express V Southern Boys (GAB90)Doug Williams V American Dragon (RoH Road To The Title)Rock, Too Cool, Rikishi & Cactus Jack V HHH, X-Pac & Radicalz (Raw)Dean Malenko V Scotty 2-Hotty (Backlash 2000)Undertaker V Mankind (KotR 1998)Terry Funk V Sabu V Shane Douglas (ECW Feb 94)Jake Roberts V Randy Savage (Tuesday In Texas)Wow, no WCW. I've surprised myself there...

I've just re-read the rules (ie. only 1 from each wrestler) so...Steve Austin V Bret Hart (WM13)Ultimate Warrior V Randy Savage (WM7)Midnight Express V Southern Boys (GAB90)Doug Williams V American Dragon (RoH Road To The Title)Rock, Too Cool, Rikishi & Cactus Jack V HHH, X-Pac & Radicalz (Raw)Terry Funk V Sabu V Shane Douglas (ECW Feb 94)Hulk Hogan V Goldberg (Nitro)Ric Flair V Sting (GAB90)Misawa V Kobashi (2003)Paul London V Michael Shane (RoH Unscripted?)By the way, this thread rules awesome...

Chris Benoit v. Triple H v. Shawn Michaels (WrestleMania XX)Hulk Hogan v. The Ultimate Warrior (WrestleMania VI)Ric Flair v. Ricky Steamboat : 2/3 Falls Match (Clash of the Champions)Brock Lesnar v. Kurt Angle (WrestleMania XIX)Dynamite Kid v. Tiger Mask (August 82)Bret Hart v. Owen Hart (WrestleMania X)Sting, Randy Savage and Lex Luger v. The Outsiders (Bash at the Beach 1996)Steve Austin v. The Rock (WrestleMania X-Seven)Cactus Jack v. Vader (Halloween Havoc 1993)Eddie Guerrero and Love Machine v. Octagon and El Hiro Del Santo (When Worlds Collide)

In no particular order, just as they popped into my head ...1) Hardy Boyz vs Dudley Boyz vs Edge & Christian - WWF SummerSlam 20002) Shawn Michaels vs Undertaker - WWF Badd Blood 19973) AJ Styles vs Low-Ki - ROH 34) Cactus Jack vs Triple H - WWF Royal Rumble 20005) Steve Austin vs The Rock - WWF WrestleMania X-76) Jody Fleisch vs Jonny Storm - CZW Best Of The Best 27) Rob Van Dam & Jerry Lynn vs Impact Players - ECW Heat Wave 19998) Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit - WWE Royal Rumble 20039) Taz vs Mike Awesome vs Masato Tanaka - ECW Anarchy Rulz 199910) Yoshihiro Tajiri vs Psicosis - ECW Arena Show 2000High spots being the order of the day then. :thumbsup:

In no particular order:Brock Lesnar vs Zack Gowan from Smackdown last year in that brutal bloodbath squash - It's a one legged man in an ass kicking contest.... no shit!Sabu Vs. Stevie Richards from House Party 95.... brutal and one of Stevie's best ever matches.Raven Vs. Sandman - Barbed wire match ECW Ouch!Gangsta's vs. Blue Meanie and Chad Austin - Where New Jack tries to kill Chad Austin... awesome stuffMidnight Express w/ Jim Cornette vs Road Warriors w/ Paul Elering - the scafold match ... Poor Cornette! Doug Williams Vs. D-Low Brown- FWA Crunch - awesomeJody Fleish vs. Flash Barker - FWA British Uprising 1.. that moonsault.Robbie Brookside vs. Johnny Kidd - GPW the return .... awesome old school matchOwen Hart vs. Marty jones - World of sport 80's .... The match that made me a fanShawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker - Hell In A Cell Bad Blood 97 - a classic.

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Terry Funk - 6/11/76

Akira Maeda vs. Tatsumi Fujinami - 6/12/86

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat - Chi Town Rumble 1989

Randy Savage vs. The Ultimate Warrior - Wrestlemania 7

Jushin Liger vs. El Samurai - 4/30/92

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart - Wrestlemania 10

Misawa/Kobashi vs. Kawada/Taue - 6/9/95

Chris Benoit vs. Great Sasuke - 4/16/94

Eddy Guerrero vs. Rey Misterio - Haloween Havoc 1997

Steve Austin vs. The Rock - Wrestlemania 17

Edited by Ray