The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doi and Yoshino turned face, left Muscle and formed World-1 with Hulk, Naoki and MC KZ. Gamma is now in Real hazard with the rest of Muscle, plus Shingo, Kong and YAMATO from New Hazard. He's currently involved in a storyline based around him winning the Brave gate, renaming it the Gamma Gate and winning his defenses thanks to a hell 'belt commissioner' who keeps changing the rules in his favor. On paper, it looks awful.

Cool, Japanese wrestlers have blogs...

There's one or two here Bloggys

Doi and Yoshino turned face, left Muscle and formed World-1 with Hulk, Naoki and MC KZ. Gamma is now in Real hazard with the rest of Muscle, plus Shingo, Kong and YAMATO from New Hazard. He's currently involved in a storyline based around him winning the Brave gate, renaming it the Gamma Gate and winning his defenses thanks to a hell 'belt commissioner' who keeps changing the rules in his favor. On paper, it looks awful.

On paper it sounds great considering the commissioner is Yoshito Sugamoto this could really be fun as long as it doesn't go on too long. GAMMA~bASTARDNext Open the Gamma Gate Defense .............. (.......)Kagawa, Takamatsu Symbol Tower 1st Floor-Open the Gamma Gate: Gamma vs. Dr. MuscleThe good doctor has promised to protect the Muscle name by himself until the end of time......

6/6/2008 Kansai TV Nandemo Arena

1. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid (Mugen) BxB Hulk, Naoki Tanisaki, m.c.KZ{L}

2. Rehab Match: CIMA (Thrust Kick) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

3. Yasushi Kanda (Ryu's) Anthony W. Mori

4. Genki Horiguchi{W}, Cyber Kong (Backslide from Hell) Taku Iwasa{L}, Keni'chiro Arai

5. Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino (Bakatare Sliding Kick) Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson{L}

6. Open the Triangle Gate: YAMATO{W}, Shingo Takagi, Gamma (Gallaria) Masaaki Mochizuki{L}, Magnitude Kishiwada, Don Fujii

*V1 for RH

June Outsiders

Nick & Matt Jackson - They will remain through 6/14

Magnitude Kishiwada - 6/6 Kansai TV, 6/12 Korakuen, 6/14 Buyuden 6, 6/29 Osaka

Naoki Tanisaki - All Shows

Gamma- All Shows

Tokyo Gurentai (NOSAWA, TAKEMURA, MASADA) - 6/19 Osaka

More shows for Kishiwada, very nice. No El Blazer.

GATE of MAXIMUM

6/12/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall

1. Magnitude Kishiwada{W}, Don Fujii. K-ness (13:20 Last Ride) Anthony W. Mori, Nick Jackson, Matt Jackson

2. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai, Shinobu (20:05 Gekiretsu) Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid

3. BxB Hulk (6:28 FTX) Yasushi Kanda

4. Masaaki Mochizuki (15:26 High Kick x2 -> Guu Punch) YAMATO

5. Naniwa Elimination Match: Shingo Takagi, Gamma, Genki Horiguchi, Cyber Kong (5-4) Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Naoki Tanisaki, m.c.KZ

-KZ (24:03 Jorge Clutch) Genki

-Shingo (26:49 Pinfall) KZ

-Yoshino (29:07 Speed Star) Kong

-Shingo (31:08 Over the Top Rope) Naoki

-Gamma (33:10 Genki Weapon Attack) Yoshino

-Doi (35:21 Pinfall) Gamma

-Shingo (38:11 Pumping Bomber) Doi

CIMAs' neck again forced a cancellation of his rehab match with Stalker. His condition has worsened again, so he will kept off shows again for the time being, even the light Stalker duty. YAMATO intruded and attacked Stalker, prompting a singles match to be made for the next Korakuen.

Kishiwada and Mori shook hands after match 1, ending the years of bad blood between them.

Shinobu joined Tozawajuku as an exchange student, will full gakuran and bontan outfit. Tokyo Gurentai intruded again after, attacking Anthony. NOSAWA and MAZADA will face off with AraIwa to determine the next Twin Gate challengers, and Mori is stuck with TAKEMURA in a singles.

Hulk finally unveiled the Killer Hulk mode he had hinted about several months ago. He came out in all black with black make up (his appearance is compared to the Japanese artist Gackt ...), and used a violent fight style to dismantle Kanda, blowing off what was left of their feud.

EMO HULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zBXBHulk.jpg

zBXBHulk2.jpg

zBXBHulk3.jpg

Real Hazard's Look~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

000cyber.jpg000gamma.jpg000horiguchi.jpg

000kanda.jpg000yamato.jpg000takagi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From DG USA

6/28 GATE OF MAXIMUM

6/28/2008 Aichi, Nagoya Telepia Hall

1. Tozawajuku 3rd Man Triangle Gate Challenge Member 3 Way Decision Match: Shinobu (2:51 Pinfall) Akira Tozawa{L}; Yuki Ono

2. Masato Yoshino, Naoki Tanisaki, BxB Hulk{W} (11:32 Nadare-shiki E.V.O) Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Super Shisa{L}

3. Open the Owarai Gate: Jackson Florida (9:26 Double KO) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

*Through fan support, Jackson succeeds in V5

4. Cyber Kong (6:48 Pineapple Bomber) Super Shenlong

5. Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi{W} (9:49 Backslide from Hell) Susumu Yokosuka, Anthony W. Mori{L}

6. Ryo Saito{W}, Dragon Kid (16:25 Dragon Suplex Hold) Naruki Doi, m.c.KZ{L}

7. Open the Triangle Gate: Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai, Shinobu{W} (26:42 Shooting Star Press) Shingo Takagi, YAMATO, Gamma{L}

*RH fail in V2, Tozawajuku become the 19th Champions

Araken announced Tozawajuku will have an international student joining soon.

GATE OF MAXIMUM, CIMA vacates Dream Gate

6/29/208 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym 2nd Stadium

1. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii{W}, Magnitude Kishiwada (HIMEI) Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono{L}, Keni'chiro Arai

2. Open the Gamma Gate: Dr. Muscle (Torbellino) Gamma

*Gamma fails in V7, Dr. returns the belt to the Brave Gate

3. Taku Iwasa, Shinobu{W} (Shooting Star Press) Dragon Kid, Shisa BOY{L}

4. NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA, TAKEMURA{W} (Lariat) Susumu Yokosuka, Ryo Saito, Anthony W. Mori{L}

5. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino{W}, Naoki Tanisaki, m.c.KZ (Lightning Spiral) Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, YAMATO, Cyber Kong{L}

6. Open the Dream Gate #1 Contender Decision: Shingo Takagi (60:00 Draw) BxB Hulk

The CIMA injury situation continues to look bleak. He returned the Dream Gate today, and extended his absence to include World. Shingo and Hulk will meet in a rematch at World, this time to determine the next Dream champion. CIMA denied retirement rumours, but his time on the disabled list is expected to be considerable.

The Gamma Gate saga has ended. Yoshino was under the mask today, and he restored the Brave Gate afterwards. m.c.KZ and Genki will have a match soon to determine the next champion.

CIMA missing world is huge and it's really not sounding good for him. Also there's only a month to go and only two matches announced. Hulk/Shingo for 60 minutes doesn't interest

If CIMA is going or gone it's a huge knock for the company, with only one of the big 4 still around. As far as I'm concerned I'm not THAT fussed, as CIMA had become very stale in my opinion, especially as champion. The idea that either Hulk or Shingo will be OTDG champ after World is pretty exciting, has to be Shingo though, yeah?

If CIMA is going or gone it's a huge knock for the company, with only one of the big 4 still around. As far as I'm concerned I'm not THAT fussed, as CIMA had become very stale in my opinion, especially as champion. The idea that either Hulk or Shingo will be OTDG champ after World is pretty exciting, has to be Shingo though, yeah?

Most people seem to think Shingo is a lock, but I really wonder if they'll have a heel victory finish World - especially in front of an audience bummed out already by CIMA's non-participation.

Most people seem to think Shingo is a lock, but I really wonder if they'll have a heel victory finish World - especially in front of an audience bummed out already by CIMA's non-participation.
This would be a good point if Dragon Gate was well known for even slightly good booking.I will also say that I am stoked for Shinobu winning his first Dragon Gate title.

It'll be interesting to see what if the attendance is down from last year for world. I doubt it will be but the smaller shows might be affected if he retires. As much as i'm not a big fan of his anymore it'll be sad to see another leave.

How did Cima do himself in?I thought Dragon Gate was relatively respected, booking wise? Or at least not as bad as Inoki-NJPW?

I think CIMA is just suffering from a build up of lots of neck injuries that never really healed properly. I'm not sure if one particular blow caused the damage. Well, nothing is quite that bad, but the knock of Toryumon and Dragon Gate was always great matches/terrible booking.

• 8 months later...

Thought i'd drag this thread back from the dead seeing as it's Dragon Gate's biggest ever show this weekend

From DGUSA

Ryougoku Kokugikan 3/22/2009 Tokyo,

-Akira Tozawa, Kenshin Chikano vs. KAGETORA, WARRIORS 5 #5

-Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Magnitude Kishiwada vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kento Miyahara, Takashi Okita (Kensuke Office)

-Mascara contra Caballera: Cyber Kong vs. Anthony W. Mori

-Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. CIMA

-Open the Triangle Gate: Taku Iwasa, Shingo Takagi, Dragon Kid vs. BxB Hulk, PAC, Naoki Tanisaki vs. YAMATO, Yasushi Kanda, Kenichiro Arai

-Open the Twin Gate: Susumu Yokosuka, Gamma vs. Ryo Saito, Genki Horiguchi

-Open the Dream Gate: Naruki Doi vs. Koji Kanemoto

DG's first Sumo Hall show, could be their biggest crowd to date. It seats 13,000.

The 5th WARRIORS 5 member looks like being K-ness and i'm still saying Cyber will lose the mask, no way Mori's going bald although it would be funny if he lost.

Also for anyone who's behind

DG will make their network TV debut on 3/29. TV Tokyo will broadcast an episode called "Saisentan Pro Wrestling Dragon Gate", covering the 3/22 Sumo Hall show.

In addition, DG will be making their first appearance on Samurai! TV this coming Sunday (3/15). It will be a 2 hour special called GATE OF DECADE.

Archived