The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DEAD or ALIVE ppv

5/5/2008 Aichi, Aichi Prefectural Gym

1. Anthony W. Mori, PAC{W}, Syachihoko Machine (360 Shooting Star Press) Akira Tozawa, Super Shenlong{L}, Cyber Kong

2. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa Bosou 10 Match Series: Shinobu Kandori (Wakigatame) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

2b. Shinobu Kandori (Jujigatame) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

3. Hardcore Match: Shingo Takagi (MADE IN JAPAN) Naoki Tanisaki

4. Genki Horiguchi, Gamma{W}, NOSAWA Rongai (Gamma Special) Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, El Blazer{L}

5. KENTA (go2sleep) Naruki Doi

6. Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W} (Jumbo no Kachi!gatame) Taku Iwasa{L}, Keni'chiro Arai

*AraIwa fail in V4, RyoSuka become the 3rd Champions

7. Mascara contra Cabellera Cage Survival 6 Way Match:

CIMA vs. Dragon Kid vs. YAMATO vs. Yasushi Kanda vs. Masato Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk

Order of Escape: 1. Hulk 2. Kid 3. YAMATO 4. Yoshino 5. CIMA

The undercard went by very fast, with little of note. Doi and KENTA shook hands after their match.

The MO'z problems returned. Kanda hit Yoshino with the blue box, prompting Doi to find his way in to return the favor. Genki tried to block Yoshinos' escape, but Doi also came to the rescue.

The end was a bit chaotic. CIMA was thwarted in his escape attempt by Genki putting grease on the cage. Ryo passed CIMA gloves so he wouldn't slip. Typhoon and MO'z both attempted to run interference on escapes, until Yoshino hit Kanda, allowing CIMA to get the flag.

Kanda attempted to escape his hair cut, but was met by a Hulk blue box shot. Everyone took turns cutting his hair, with Yoshino going last. CIMA attempted to present the cut hair as a present to Yagi and Genki ....

Doi and Yoshino seem to have officially split off of Muscle. They hinted at starting a new unit. This is surely totally unrelated to the 2 Dr. Muscles that saved Naoki on the last Kourakuen.

CIMA and Kid reconciled their differences, putting full closure to the Typhoon strife. CIMA announced he would be taking some time off to fully recover his still injured neck.

This of course also means that on 5/14, we will see BxB Shingo and BxB Kong dance with Hulk.

Sounds pretty cool.can someone give me a recap of the 'heel referee' storyline they had going with the Muscle Outlaw'z in 2007? I'm watching the shows and can't follow it at all. Where'd the guy come from? How come he's allowed to referee at all? How do they sort the problem out?

Sounds pretty cool.can someone give me a recap of the 'heel referee' storyline they had going with the Muscle Outlaw'z in 2007? I'm watching the shows and can't follow it at all. Where'd the guy come from? How come he's allowed to referee at all? How do they sort the problem out?

The guy you're talking about is Kinta Tamaoka. He was a straight referee for ages before suddenly turning heel while reffing an 8-man tag in May 2006, whacking CIMA with a kendo-stick. From that point on he became the official MO'z referee.This is where things get complicated...During the Summer Adventure Tag League, he and Gamma started arguing. A lot. And his botched interference/ refusing to help MO'z at all led to the Gamma/Genki team losing all their matches. Things came to a head after Gamma dropped the fall in a Gamma/Kinta vs. Dragon Kid/Mori Hair vs. Hair match which left Gamma with a shaved head - Kinta could have made the save, but wanted to see Gamma humiliated. Shortly after, Gamma challenged him to a singles match, with the loser banished from MO'z.The match took place at DG's big Ota-ku show in September. At the outset the other Muscle Outlaw'z sided with Gamma before suddenly turning on him, beating him up, giving Kinta the win and kicking him out of Muscle forever, telling him he was "too weak". Gamma supposedly resigned from Dragon Gate the following day.But a couple of months later Gamma suddenly returned, rejoined with MO'z who kicked the shit of Kinta and threw him out of the group.He returned to being a regular referee immeadiately and has showed no signs of his former heeldom since then.

5/14/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori, PAC (12:54 360 Shooting Star Press) Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai, Akira Tozawa{L}2. Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino (12:08 V9 Clutch) Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii{L}3. Naoki Tanisaki (8:54 AraIwa Assisted Casanova) Yasushi Kanda4. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka (15:38 Premium Bridge) Nick Jackson, Matt Jackson{L}5. Open the Triangle Gate: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong (No Contest) YAMATO, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma8. Open the Triangle Gate: Shingo Takagi{W}, YAMATO, Gamma (16:19 MADE IN JAPAN) Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk{L}*RH become the 18th ChampionsAnother wild night in Korakuen Hall.CIMA opened the show by greeting fans and informing them of his injury and absence.Araken and Iwasa heavily criticized Tozawa, and the direction of Tozawajuku. They attempted to remedy this by aiding Tanisaki in his match. They asked him to join, saying the gakuran would suit him. They gave him a Tozawajuku t-shirt and the 3 shook hands. They posed for a photo then left Naoki to decide.Takagi and Kong danced with Hulk as promised, but Takagi quickly turned on Hulk before the match got underway. Shingo said after losing the GHC Jr tag, a weakling like Hulk was no longer necessary. Handshakes were exchanged with Gamma and YAMATO. New Hazard and MO'z are no more, the remainder of both sides reforming into a new unit called Real Hazard. Doi and Yoshino saved Hulk, which lead into a new Triangle Match, with Real Hazard vs. Doi, Yoshino, and Hulk.Afterwards, Naoki intruded. He helped chase off RH. After formally declining membership into Tozawajuku, Doi invited him to fight with them. He accepted. m.c.KZ will return home from Mexico and also join their unit. The name will be announced on 5/31 in Kobe Sambo Hall.Matches involving both new units were made for 6/12 Korakuen.6/12/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall-BxB Hulk vs. Yasushi Kanda-Naniwa Elimination Match: Shingo Takagi, Gamma, Genki Horiguchi, Cyber Kong vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Naoki Tanisaki, m.c.KZComing out of this, the unit alignments look like this:Typhoon: CIMA (Injury Absence), Ryo, Susumu, Kid, Mori, PACReal Hazard: Shingo, Gamma, YAMATO, Kong, Horiguchi, KandaNew Unit: Doi, Yoshino, Hulk, Tanisaki, m.c.KZTozawajuku: Arai, Iwasa, Tozawa, Katsuo, ShishidoMushozoku/NEX: Mochizuki, K-ness, Fujii, Shisa, BOY, Shenlong, Lupin, Shinobu

Shingo turning is completely out of the blue, rudo Shingo should be cool though. I really like the look of the new units especially the face side, Speed Muscle & Hulk is one bad ass trio.

The guy you're talking about is Kinta Tamaoka. He was a straight referee for ages before suddenly turning heel while reffing an 8-man tag in May 2006, whacking CIMA with a kendo-stick. From that point on he became the official MO'z referee.This is where things get complicated...During the Summer Adventure Tag League, he and Gamma started arguing. A lot. And his botched interference/ refusing to help MO'z at all led to the Gamma/Genki team losing all their matches. Things came to a head after Gamma dropped the fall in a Gamma/Kinta vs. Dragon Kid/Mori Hair vs. Hair match which left Gamma with a shaved head - Kinta could have made the save, but wanted to see Gamma humiliated. Shortly after, Gamma challenged him to a singles match, with the loser banished from MO'z.The match took place at DG's big Ota-ku show in September. At the outset the other Muscle Outlaw'z sided with Gamma before suddenly turning on him, beating him up, giving Kinta the win and kicking him out of Muscle forever, telling him he was "too weak". Gamma supposedly resigned from Dragon Gate the following day.But a couple of months later Gamma suddenly returned, rejoined with MO'z who kicked the shit of Kinta and threw him out of the group.He returned to being a regular referee immeadiately and has showed no signs of his former heeldom since then.
Those last two 'twists' seem very WWE...Still, I don't get how that referee can be in the match. Doesn't Gragon Gate have a commissioner-y, president-y type person who would, you know, ban a completely biased referee from refereeing constantly? I've seen a guy in a suit talking to our blue-shirted ref friend and him getting banished from the ring at least once.Thanks for the info, though. I can follow it better.

• Paid Members

Dragon Gate/Toryumon has been subject to some truly horrendous booking in its time, you get used to it.Takashi Okamura is DG's head honcho and on-screen suited authority figure. He also wrestles from time to time, wearing a Gi and doing various kicks. He has at times taken exception to Kinta's shenanigans. Yasushi Kanda used to be the "Principle" during his retirement and laid down the law every so often as well, but he's ultimately reverted back to his rudo roots. Still amazing to me that he's a full time wrestler again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say, I find Tozawa-juko to be completely full of win and awesome. Tozawa always does the same stick, but he just oozes a natural kind of funny charisma that makes him so watchable as he constantly prat falls and fucks up. And I just dig him shouting in people's faces then doing his stupid chant only to get beaten up. Its like he doesn't know when to stop. Oh, and the stable's entrance music is fucking awesome.

Got another storyline question here:I've noticed over the past few shows I watched (i'm up to Infinity 61) that Gamma increasingly hits his own side with the humiliation spots. There was also the match where he kept confusing one of his opponents with Naruki Doi. So I'm wondering, are they being stupid for laughs, or are they playing up that GAMMA's got some kind of eye problem? I notice he wears contacts, and I think only in one eye. Maybe I'm giving them too much credit.

News:

The name of the DoiYoshi unit, with Hulk, Naoki, and KZ is WORLD-1. Their keynote colours are white and silver, all members have new ring costumes.All WORLD-1 MAX jokes have been made already.CIMA will return to action on 6/6, but he is only on Stalker duty for the time being.Full results and such in a few hours.

Horrible name. LogoRFNDMDQ2ODThBg.JPGRFNDMDQ0MjXa9A.JPG

5/31/2008 Hyogo, Kobe Sambo Hall1. Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino, m.c.KZ (16:32 Bakatare Sliding Kick) Akira Tozawa{L}, Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai2. Matt Jackson{W}, Nick Jackson (10:43 MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!) Anthony W. Mori, Shisa BOY{L}3. Shingo Takagi (4:17 Pumping Bomber) Super Shenlong4. BxB Hulk{W}, Naoki Tanisaki (14:09 Nadare-shiki EVO) Cyber Kong{L}, Genki Horiguchi5. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Magnitude Kishiwada{W} (11:50 Last Ride) Yasushi Kanda, YAMATO, Gamma{L}6. Open the Twin Gate: Ryo Saito{W}, Susumu Yokosuka (24L47 Premium Bridge) Dragon Kid, PAC{L}*V1 for RyoSukaAs noted earlier, the DoiYoshi unit is called WORLD-1, and their unit concept is very similar to that of Typhoon but in a younger, more interesting unit.Shingo and Hulk both laid out Dream Gate challenges, to be the defense at World. Looks like the Kishiwada reinforced over-30 team will be challenging for the Triangle Gate soon as well. Kishiwada had a new costume today as well, with silver replacing the MO'z blue.After the main event, for whatever reason, the freelance Tokyo Gurentai (NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA, TAKEMURA) unit invaded. They challenged a Typhoon team for the 6/29 Osaka show.

FUCKING GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!Give me Voodoo Murders. Who gives a shit about Gurentai without Suzuki??????????Pic NSFW from Shingo's blogMjAwODA0MjIxMTI0MDAw7IY.jpg:cry::cry::cry:

Archived