The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the 20-03-08 show except the main event. I wouldnt go as far as to give The GHC Jr Tag Title match ****1/2 and call it a MOTY, there was a handfull of matches that was much better this year, and I liked Shingo & Hulk vs. Speed Muscle better too like Alexander (is that a name change?). I would give the 20-03-08 The GHC Jr Tag Title match ***1/2. I really liked the Don Fujii & Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Tetsuhiro Kuroda & Masato Tanaka aswell, it was a allaround fun match, I would say it was almost as good as The GHC Jr Tag Title on the show. Also the first match to open the show was fun. Sadly it didnt get more then 5 mins, whats up with that? - Can

I rewatched the 15/1 (? - Shingo/BxB title win) match first and it wasn't as good IMO. That would be more ***1/2 for me, although i may have sneaked it an extra 1/4 star. ***1/2 for this GHC Jr. match though is incredibly harsh however you look at it. I'd compromise at ****1/4 but there's no way in hell it's any lower than that.

I'm three matches in to Gate of Generation and, so far, thoroughly underwhelmed.The opener, aside from Shenlong nearly stacking it on a Jericho dive and Tozawa getting a full rotation off a Kong's Pineapple Bomber, was very dull. If Shenlong was unmasked as Shinobu, why do we need a new, worse Shenlong? Please tell me it's not Turboman in a new outfit... And why the fuck was Kong, a massively improved wrestler who was being treated like a monster last I saw, teaming with two flippy losers anyway?Genki vs. Mori was short and disappointing, although the sight of Genki in Mori's hat and coat was worth the price of admission. DG seem to have forgotten that, to all intents and purposes, Anthony is their Spike Dudley/Spud; the more you beat on him, the louder and more sympathetic the crowd gets. The finish was cute, but ultimately resolved nothing.It's still odd to me seeing Pac on Japanese TV, let alone pay-per-view. Although he and Tozawa-juku were generally fine, El Blazer was having something of an off-night and their match never really clicked. Add to that a completely bizarre and unbelievable spot where Iwasa somehow made Pac Stunner his own partner (yeah) to complete silence and it just didn't work for me.I hope the show, and DG as a whole actually, picks up soon; my interest is beginning to wane. The promotion is still chock full of amazing performers, but dumb booking leading to uninspiring matches is really turning me off.

Super Shenlong II = Ape Kimata.El Blazer was in less than spectacular form due to problems with the ropes, apparently. You can see Tozawa trying to sort them out in his match.I think Dragon Gate has actually improved from it's dodgy patch last year, with the boring heel ref stuff and Magnum being a twat. But I'm still not that interested in tuning in to watch the CIMA show every week.

The GHC match is definately my Dragon Gate MOTY (havent watched CIMA/Yoshino yet), but all round MOTY, maybe not, the Kobashi 6-Man from Budokan just takes that honour, I found Morishima/Misawa highly enjoyable though. Would Susumu/Yoshino from 23/12 count in MOTY standings for this year though as I thought that was top notch.The upcoming Mugendai looks rather great

Infinity #80, 2/3 Hakata, 2/8 Korakuen, 2/17 Kyoto, 2/23 Nagoya, 2/24 Fukui, 3/1 Osaka, 3/7 Korakuen1. Open the Twin Gate: Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino2. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Gamma3. Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito4. Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. CIMA5. Open the Triangle Gate: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness, Don Fujii6. Nagoya style Elimination Match: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma vs. CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori7. Oedo style Countdown Elimination Match: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong, YAMATO, Shinobu vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma

Yoshino/Ryo takes the pick for me, although the Twin Gate match should be real high end stuff

KENTA has accepted the challenge from Doi for 5/5.5/5/2008 Aichi, Aichi-ken Gym~DEAD OR ALIVE-Special Single Match: Naruki Doi vs. KENTA-Mascara contra Caballera 6 Way Cage Match: CIMA vs. Dragon Kid vs. BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO vs. Masato Yoshino vs. Yasushi KandaUmmm, w00t?

KENTA has accepted the challenge from Doi for 5/5.5/5/2008 Aichi, Aichi-ken Gym~DEAD OR ALIVE-Special Single Match: Naruki Doi vs. KENTA-Mascara contra Caballera 6 Way Cage Match: CIMA vs. Dragon Kid vs. BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO vs. Masato Yoshino vs. Yasushi KandaUmmm, w00t?

:love: What a bit of news to start the day off with

• 3 weeks later...

GATE of PASSION

4/13/2008 Aichi, Nagoya Telepia Hall

1. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda{W}, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma (14:36 Small Package Hold from .. Kid Mistaken Singapore Cane attack to CIMA, CIMA mask attack to Kid, then Kanda Blue Box to Kid) CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid{L}

2. Akira Tozawa (8:37 Diving Senton) Syachihoko Machine

3. Taku Iwasa{W}, Keni'chiro Arai (10:05 Tozawajuku Saishuu Ougi: Noshigami) Masaaki Mochizuki, Super Shenlong{L}

4. YAMATO (14:23 Gallaria) BxB Hulk

5. Shingo Takagi{W}, Cyber Kong (16:06 MADE IN JAPAN) Don Fujii{L}, Naoki Tanisaki

6. Open the Brave Gate: Anthony W. Mori (21:59 Elegant Magic) Masato Yoshino

*Yoshino fails in V7, Mori becomes the 8th Champion

As has become the norm, a lot of happenings in Telepia today.

Kanda intruded on the main, directly leading to Mori winning. Mori was unhappy with this, so he voluntarily vacated the Brave Gate. There will be a tournament to determine the 9th champion....

Kanda also intruded into the YAMATO/Hulk match, which lead to YAMATO winning. Still, the feuding NH mates reconciled later, putting their problems aside.

Shingo and Naoki rekindled their rivalry. Shingo challenged him to a hardcore match for 5/5, Naoki accepted. Naoki actually may have the edge here since he has BJW death match experience from his freelance time.

The cage match participants gathered in the ring. Kanda appealed for everyone to help him make Yoshino bald. CIMA liked the idea, as did DKid. YAMATO however said he was aiming for CIMA. Hulk also declined, since he is at odds with Kanda. The cage itself is going to have 5 flags posted 6 meters above the cage. The one who doesn't get a flag, is the one who loses their hair or mask.

Also added to 5/5 today is yet another in the Stalker vs. X series.

Nearly Mori nearly.

Hulk to lose his hair, YAMATO will turn.

• 2 weeks later...

OBG Brackets and the 27/4 show line up.

4/25/2008 Hyogo, SITE KOBE

1. Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk. Cyber Kong vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Super Shenlong

2. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Genki Horiguchi vs. El Blazer

3. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Gamma vs. PAC

4. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono

5. CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness vs. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, YAMATO, Dr. Muscle

6. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Naoki Tanisaki vs. Super Shisa

7. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Masato Yoshino vs. Anthony W. Mori

4/27/2008 Fukuoka, Hakata Star Lanes

-Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk

-Open the Brave Gate Tournament Semi & Finals

-Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Ryo Saito

AGE OF MEGALOMANIA Awesome name for a show

4/24/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall0. Spark Aoki (5:00 Draw) Masato Inabe1. Tsutomu Osugi{W}, Hercules Senga (7:36 Tsuki no Ishi) Yuki Sato, Daisuke Sasaki{L}2. Kinya Oyanagei (15:00 Draw) Antonio Honda3. Anywhere Free Weapon No DQ Match: Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei, Ken45{W}, Go (13:03 Doba Worm Attack->Guitar Attack->5 Count Coffin Burial) Bear Fukuda, Jumping Kid Okimoto{L}, Motosugu Shimizu, CHANGO4. The Great Sasuke (12:55 Sasuke Special X Ver10 Segue[Monomane Kinshi]) brother YASSHI5. UWA Tag Titles: KAGETORA{W}, Kota Ibushi (20:37 Genkonitteki) Touru Owashi, Takuya Sugawara{L}*V16. Magnitude Kishiwada (19:40 Last Ride) Shuji KondoKishiwada called out anyone to come face him. Upcoming shows will feature a league to determine his next challenger. Owashi, Ibushi, KAGETORA, YASSHI, and Sugawara will participate.Also announced today, was that Dorado would be increasing their number of shows again. A bi-monthly Korakuen schedule for the remainder of 2008 was revealed. Also, from here on, the Shinjuku FACE shows will now be twice a month. The twice a month concept is called FACE BASTA, with all tickets priced at 2000 yen.

Gonna need me that main eventJae posted this on the board about El Dorado coverage on DGUSA

Current plan is to run Dorado coverage through April then remove it from the main page. I will do a monthly results recap and archive after that.

GATE OF PASSSION4/25/2008 Hyogo, SITE KOBE1. Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk{W}, Cyber Kong (Nadare-shiki EVO) Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Super Shenlong{L}2. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: El Blazer (Lightning Struck) Genki Horiguchi3. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Gamma (Small Package Hold) PAC4. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{W} (Tozawajuku Hiden: Kokyuuyama) Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono{L}5. CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness (DQ for Mask Attack on K-ness) Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, YAMATO, Dr. Muscle6. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Naoki Tanisaki (Implant) Super Shisa7. Open the Brave Gate Tournament 1st Round: Anthony W. Mori (Elegant Magic) Masato Yoshino

I'm guessing Mori to win which would mean this is completly pointless but anyone other than Tanasaki please

4/27/2008 Fukuoka, Hakata Star Lanes

1. Masato Yoshino, YAMATO,Yasushi Kanda{W} (Diving Elbow Drop) Susumu Yokosuka, PAC, Super Shisa{L}

2. Open the Brave Gate Tournament: Gamma (Kanda Mask Attack->Small Package Hold) El Blazer

3. Open the Brave Gate Tournament: Anthony W. Mori (Backslide) Naoki Tanisaki

4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii{W} (Nice German) Naruki Doi, Genki Horiguchi{L}

5. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{W} (Firebird Splash) Shingo Takagi{L}, BxB Hulk

6. Open the Brave Gate Tournament Finals: Gamma (Nadare-shiki Tombstone Piledriver) Anthony W. Mori

*Gamma becomes the 9th Champion

7. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA (3x Schwein Redline) Ryo Saito

*CIMA succeeds in V6

Kanda hit Yoshino with a blue box shot that was intended for Susumu, furthering their dissention.

Gamma intruded after match 3 and hit Anthony with a chair, weakening him for the finals.

President Okamura came out after intermission, and announced the final big show of 2008 will happen on 12/28, in Fukuoka Kokusai Center.

DoiYoshi took a neutral corner for the Brave gate finals, not helping out during the MO'z intrusions. Yoshino blocked a Kanda protein attack attempt.

Gamma threw away the 8 pieces of the Brave Gate belt, and declared himself the Open the Gamma Gate champion .....

Muscle intruded again after the main. CIMA shocked everyone by aligning with Gamma and MO'z. He went to hit Ryo with the Singapore cane, but turned and hit Gamma instead. He and Ryo shook hands, reuniting Typhoon. YAMATO demanded he be the next challenger.

Archived