The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

I don't like the sound of this

Dragon Gate - Changes to TVStarting in April, the Dragon Gate TV schedule will be changing. The weekly Dorage Tsushin show will be ending. Mugendai will be changing to a weekly format, but will be 1 hour in length instead of 2.

Pretty much ends my hopes of being up to date for World ;)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the Korakuen show tonight, here are the results:1. King Ali Baba (W), Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono (Vaderbomb) Ryo Saito, Anthony W. Mori, Shisa BOY (L)2. K-ness (Give Up on threat of top-rope move) Jackson Florida3.Taku Iwasa(W), Kenichiro Arai (Noshigami) CIMA, Dragon Kid (L)4. Masaaki Mochizuki (W), Don Fujii over PAC (L), Susumu Yokosuka5. New Hazard over Muscle Outlaw'z - can't remember all the eliminations, but ended with Shingo pinning Kanda. ANd of course, Cyber was pinned via cradle. Quite an eventful show...(apologies my Japanese isn't very good, so some of this may be inaccurate) -The big news is that Naoki Tanisaki returned. Guess that explains his sudden departure from ElDorado. He came out after the main in his MO'z gear and attacked Shingo, but quickly turned on Gamma and Kanda. He announced he was back in DG. YAMATO challenged him to a singles match. But a match for tomorrow night (??? they kept saying "ashita") was seemingly made with Naoki and Mochi vs. Ryo and Anthony.They playing up big that it was unplanned, with the entire roster plus DG officials coming to ringside to see what he was doing here. -El Blazer made an appearance - and it seems a match was set up for Ota of AraIwa vs. PAC and Blazer. -Add Ryo and CIMA to the list of inner-unit dissensions. Ryo shoved CIMA and exchanged words. -Still lots of bad blood between CIMA and YAMATO, the former attacking the latter right at the end of the show. -AraIwa showed some slight heel tendencies against CK-1 -Doi is sporting some crazy hair extensions.

Out of everyone who left Tanisaki (along with Shogo) is the guy i least liked so this isn't great news personally.

The 3/20 PPV looks pretty great

3/20/2008 Tokyo, Ota-ku Gymnasium

-YAMATO vs. Naoki Tanisaki

-Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii vs. Masato Tanaka, Tetsuhiro Kuroda

-Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. El Blazer, PAC

-Open the Triangle Gate Next Challenger Decision, Losing Team is Banned From Ever Challenging for the Titles: Susumu Yokosuka, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid vs. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, Gamma

-GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk vs. Taiji Ishimori, KENTA

-Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Masato Yoshino

Still don't see Yoshino winning and i'm hoping Shingo/BXB keep the belts to continue the noah fued.

That lineup looks beyond brilliant. Blazer/Pac may be the Flippiest tag team of all time, the tag match should be good if they Kuroda stays on the apron for the majority. That 6-Man could be the sleeper match of the show though thats looks very good on paper. Not really got much else to add about the last matches but COME ON YOSHINO~!

Yuki Ono suffered a bone fracture on the 666 show the other day. Unfortunately this will cancel the Twin Gate shot for the MetaBros.

Shame, I was looking forward to the battle of Tozawajuku.

• 2 weeks later...

PPV's tomorrow, prediction time

3/20/2008 Tokyo, Ota-ku Gymnasium~THE GATE OF GENERATION

1. Akira Tozawa, Super Shisa, Shisa BOY vs. Shinobu, Cyber Kong, Super Shenlong

2. Genki Horiguchi vs. Anthony W. Mori

3. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. El Blazer, PAC

4. YAMATO vs. Naoki Tanisaki

5. Don Fujii, Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Masato Tanaka, Tetsuhiro Kuroda

6. Open the Triangle Gate Next Challenger Decision, Losing Team is Banned From Ever Challenging for the Titles: Susumu Yokosuka, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid vs. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, Gamma

7. GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk vs. Taiji Ishimori, KENTA

8. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Masato Yoshino (KEEP THE FAITH!!!)

12/29/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall~I WAS BORN TO LOVE TREASURE1. Ken45, Go vs. Kinya Oyanagei, Yuki Sato2. Spark Aoki, Masahito Inaba vs. NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA3. Independent World Junior Heavyweight Title: Kota Ibushi vs. KAGETORA4. SUKIYAKI vs. Animal Planets 4 vs. 4 Elimination Match: Shuji Kondo, Naoki Tanisaki, Mototsugu Shimizu, Antonio Honda vs. Touru Owashi, Bear Fukuda, Hercules Osenga, CHANGO5. Milano Collection AT vs. Milanito Collection a.t.6. UWA 6 Man Tag Title Ladder Match: Takuya Sugawara, Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei vs. brother YASSHI, Jumping Kid Okimoto, Dick Togo

With Doi and Yoshino splitting, and seemingly a big stable shake up on the way, I imagine MoZ losing the Triangle decision match. I could see KENTA and Ishimori taking the titles back home as well. Good looking card all round.

There could also be a shake up of Typhoon coming with CIMA and Ryo recently arguing so that match is wide open.Looks a real good show, My Predictions~THE GATE OF GENERATION1. Akira Tozawa, Super Shisa, Shisa BOY vs. Shinobu, Cyber Kong, Super Shenlong Kong over Tozawa2. Genki Horiguchi vs. Anthony W. Mori Genki over Mori3. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. El Blazer, PAC Iwasa over Pac4. YAMATO vs. Naoki Tanisaki-Tanisaki over YAMATO5. Don Fujii, Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Masato Tanaka, Tetsuhiro Kuroda Tanaka over Fuji6. Open the Triangle Gate Next Challenger Decision, Losing Team is Banned From Ever Challenging for the Titles: Susumu Yokosuka, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid vs. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, Gamma Doi over Kid7. GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk vs. Taiji Ishimori, KENTA-Takagi over Ishimori8. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Masato Yoshino CIMA over Yoshino

3/20/2008 Tokyo, Ota-ku Gymnasium~THE GATE OF GENERATION1. Shinobu, Cyber Kong{L}, Super Shenlong (Pineapple Bomber) Akira Tozawa{L}, Super Shisa, Shisa BOY2. Anthony W. Mori (Backslide) Genki Horiguchi3. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai{W} (Tozawajuku Hiden: Kokyuuyama) El Blazer, PAC{L}4. Naoki Tanisaki (Implant) YAMATO5. Masato Tanaka{W}, Tetsuhiro Kuroda (Sliding D) Don Fujii{L}, Masaaki Mochizuki6. Open the Triangle Gate Next Challenger Decision, Losing Team is Banned From Ever Challenging for the Titles: Susumu Yokosuka, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid{W} (Dragonrana) Naruki Doi{L}, Yasushi Kanda, Gamma7. GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Taiji Ishimori, KENTA{W} (Go 2 Sleep) Shingo Takagi{L}, BxB Hulk*KENTaiji become the new champions8. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA (Referee Stop) Masato Yoshino :( *V5 for CIMAMori retrieved his stolen costume back from Genki after their match.Naoki acknowledged that there were those he opposed him returning to the DG ring, YAMATO included. Naoki asked YAMATO to team with him. YAMATO refused, but left open the possibility for down the road. Ryo however came out, and appealed for a tag with Tanisaki. YAMATO and Naoki exchanged slaps, then shook hands.CIMA won with a Sol Naciente style submission. Doi threw in the towel for Yoshino, causing the ref stop. Doi was very impressed by Yoshinos' performance in the match, and praised him. Yoshino thanked him, and the 2 reconciled their team. CIMA requested a handshake from both Doi and Yoshino, but Gamma stopped them. CIMA gave his usual big match speech, noting the pressure of always defending on a big show, He joked that his next defense would be in Dragon Gate Arena in front of 110 fans, vs. Stalker. Surprisingly, Ryo stepped in and threw in his name for the next challenger. He then left during the closing ceremonies, not joining in with Typhoon. YAMATO attacked CIMA on the exit ramp then ran off....

Suprised KENTA pinned Shingo, building to a singles match? No Yoshino win but at least SpeedMuscle are once more :thumbsup: 2/8 for my predictions OUCH!

Ahh aren't predictions a wonderful thing? :laugh: Well at least the CIMA holding untill world looks to be happening. Really hope this isn't the end of the Noah v DG matches, thought they'd hold for a little longer.

3/21/2008 Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE~Buyuden 31. BxB Hulk{W}, Shinobu, El Blazer (16:01 FTX) Tetsuhiro Kuroda, GENTARO, Yusaku Obata{L}2. Jackson Florida (9:00 Double KO) Lingerie Mutoh3. K-ness, Yutaka Yoshie{W} (14:35 Diving Body Press) Akira Tozawa, Kankuro Hoshino{L}4. Magnitude Kishiwada, Daisuke Sekimoto{W} (15:50 German Suplex Hold) Cyber Kong, YAMATO{L}5. International Jr. Title: Masaaki Mochizuki (15:20 Doujime Sleeper->Ref Stop) Fujita Jr. Hayato*V2 for MochiMunenori Sawa appealed to be the next challenger for Mochi.Shingo and Sekimoto will have a street fight on the next Buyuden.

People need to learn not to mess with me and my predictions.Watched matches 4 - 8 now (God bless the Internet) and it seems to have been a pretty solid show all round. Naoki/YAMATO didn't blow my mid but it was certainly good. Christ does Naoki lay in those kicks and knees. The tag with the Apache guys was a nice mix of crowd brawling, comedy and horrific stiffness, Tanaka giving Fuji some appallingly horrible looking elbows in combination, and the Sliding D is an awesome finish. Also, (Joshi legend) Kandori was in the crowd doing spots with Kuroda!The six man was pretty good, as you'd expect. Kanda is such a badass heel, his new look is brilliant. Kinta powering up and fighting back against Kanda had a nice duality to it. The GHC title match was the best on the card, KENTA really bought the best out of all the other guys, and the crowd were nuts about his exchanges with Shingo. Really good match with some awesome false finishes. The finish wasn't actually the (incredibly harsh looking) G2S, as KENTA added three unprotected shots to the head afterwards just to make sure. Ow.The main had a lot of nice work in, oh, and CIMA's blue ring gear was just unstoppable. All very smooth, all very cool, but a few notches below the GHC match in terms of excitement. Liked the finish, especially CIMA stealing Yoshino's set up for his own finish, and Doi saving his friend who wouldn't quit, then telling him he loved him and wanted to be his partner again, was genuinely moving. I WISH I COULD QUIT YOU. Not looking forward to CIMA/Ryo, as I know he wont be winning the belt again, and that makes me angry, frankly.Typhoon were all wearing a new "Typhoon Vs Marvel" T shirt, which I'd probably kill for.

3/22/2008 Aichi, Nagoya Telepia Hall

1. Gamma{W}, Genki Horiguchi, Dr. Muscle (10:58 Gamma Special) Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Super Shenlong{L}

2. Ryo Saito, Naoki Tanisaki{W} (10:04 Implant) K-ness, Super Shisa{L}

3. Susumu Yokosuka{W}, Anthony W. Mori (15:16 Jumbo no Kachi!gatame) Taku Iwasa{L}, Keni'chiro Arai

4. Naruki Doi (15:16 Muscular Bomb) Cyber Kong

5. 2 Way Tag Match: YAMATO{W}, BxB Hulk (18:55 Crossbone Vanguard *CBV) CIMA{L}, Dragon Kid; Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda

Naoki has officially been contracted to DG for the remainder of the year, he will now be a regular. It is a free player contract, so like Gamma he is able to compete elsewhere should he choose.

Yoshino challenged Anthony to come after the Brave Gate, so he could say he defeated all members of Typhoon. It will happen next month in Nagoya.

The 3 way tag did little to encourage cooperation between units, in fact it caused some tension between CIMA and Kid, bringing an end to CK-1. GM Yagi made a few matches to expedite a conclusion. First, for the next Telepia Hall, YAMATO and Hulk will meet in a singles match. Then, for the next big show on 5/5, the Hair vs. Hair Cage Match makes its debut in DG. This is the first one since 2003, in the Toryumon Japan days. The rules are simple, last man left in the cage loses his hair or mask.

Doi hinted at wanting a singles match with KENTA for 5/5.

4/13/2008 Aichi, Nagoya Telepia Hall

-YAMATO vs. BxB Hulk

-Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. Anthony W. Mori

5/5/2008 Aichi, Aichi-ken Gym~DEAD OR ALIVE

-Mascara contra Caballera 6 Way Cage Match: CIMA vs. Dragon Kid vs. BxB Hulk vs. YAMATO vs. Masato Yoshino vs. Yasushi Kanda

Holy jebus h christ

Archived