The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

FYI, that show will also feature Nigel vs Aries in a rematch from what will be the ROH title match on the upcoming PPV. I'm attending 3/28 but will be at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony on 3/29

If its any use to you, the ROH venue is just across the street from the HoF venue, we where able to make the 2nd half of the ROH show last year in Detroit the night of the HoF, and 8 mile was MUCH further away from the Fox Theatre than the two Orlando venues.Ive got tickets for both nights of ROH as well as the HoF

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speed Muscle No more.

Dragon Gate - 2/8 Korakuen2/8/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Susumu Yokosuka, Anthony W. Mori{W}, PAC (13:44 Elegant Magic) K-ness, Don Fujii, Jorge Rivera{L}2. Magnitude Kishiwada, Gamma{W} (8:01 Gamma Special) Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono{L}3. m.c.KZ Mexico Excursion 5 Match Series #1: Masaaki Mochizuki (9:32 Shin Saikyou High Kick) m.c.KZ4. Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi{W} (11:15 DQ) BxB Hulk{L}, Shinobu5. CIMA{W}, Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid (Crossfire) Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong, YAMATO{L}6. Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Taku Iwasa{W}, Keni'chiro Arai (Tozawajuku Saishuu Ougi: Noshigami-Tsubasa) Naruki Doi{L}, Masato Yoshino*Speed Muscle fail in V3, AraIwa become the 2nd championsDespite winning their pants back, Ono, Katsuo, and Araken have continued wearing their short tights and spats. Today was no different. Gamma went to attack Katsuo with protein, but he blocked it and ate it, as has become the norm.KZ promised to return from Mexico showing great improvement. What else would he say, really?The Kanda/Hulk feud has begun to hit a boiling point. They brawled all over Korakuen, and Hulk was so enraged at the end he blindly took out the referee for the DQ.The CIMA/YAMATO contention also escalated during their match. Further, the NH in fighting also continued, mainly between Hulk and YAMATO.CIMA and Kid formally threw their name into the hat as a Twin Gate contending team. CIMA said like AraIwa, DoiYoshi, RyoSuka, and sorta like TozaKatsu, they needed a name. So their team will be called CK-1. Naturally CIMA put out a challenge for the Twin Gate.In what was the theme of the night, DoiYoshi also argued after losing. Doi noted that even though he was the one who lost both title matches, he wondered where Yoshino was to help him. Yoshino asked Doi if he was blaming him for the losses, even though Doi was pinned. Doi dissolved their team, saying he would focus on singles. They began to fight when NH became involved. YAMATO hit Hulk by accident, leading to them fighting.K-ness, in his field manager role, broke it up. He put both sides in a 5 on 5 elimination match for the March Korakuen. Called an Oedo Style Countdown Elimination match. Participants will enter at 90 second intervals, and will be decided within the team themselves. K-ness stressed that teamwork was a must for this match, and hoped the feuding families would be able to support each other. Doi and Yoshino, YAMATO and Hulk of course singled each other out with some doubts about this.We can assume it will be Doi, Yoshino, Genki, Kanda, and Gamma for MO'z, and Takagi, Hulk, YAMATO, Kong, and Shinobu for NH.

Quite miffed about Speed Muscle splitting but like Alexander said if it leads to Doi winning the Dream Gate I'll be more than happy. I dont know what everyone else thinks about this, but if Yoshino makes it past Ryo in his next Brave Gate defence, he's knocked off 2 former Dream Gate champs, Kido & K-Ness in the last 3 months, Dream Gate shot anyone??? I cant really think of anyone else who deserves a shot at moment.Also I caught up on the 22/9 PPV last night, (barring the main event, I fell asleep :sleeping: ), AraIwa vs RyoSuka was fantastic, Iwasa has been on fire this last year he's easily one of my favouriet wrestlers to watch these days, and to think I'd never heard of him 18 months ago :laugh:. Edit ~ Susumu been working out hasn't he :rolleyes:

Yeah, I watch El Dorado. The earlier stuff was pretty horrible (Although much better than the woeful Dragon Door), but they seem to have hit a bit of a run of form as of late. My favorite stuff so far was probably the hilarious Nanking Fucking Wrestling Team angle, which led to the ladder match Vs Hell Demons, with Yashhi, JKO and Togo getting serious to take on the heels. It was pretty great, especially when Togo destroyed the ladder by accident. Best fat guy ever. Not too sure about the Hell Demons turn after the match, but I guess we'll see.

Iwasa has been on fire this last year he's easily one of my favouriet wrestlers to watch these days,

I still find him frustratingly patchy. On the one hand, he's full of lariaty, double-leg-trap-backslidey awesomness, while on the other I can't count the amounts times I see him just standing around waiting for moves to happen to him. When he's on, he's really on, but most of the time, he seems somewhere else.

Lots of happeningsDragon Gate - 2/17 TRUTH GATE2/17/2008 Kyoto, Kyoto KBS Hall1. Naruki Doi, Magnitude Kishiwada, Gamma{W} (11:35 Gamma Special) CIMA, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{L}2. BxB Hulk, Shinobu (8:35 Kanda Intrusion->No Contest) K-ness, Jorge Rivera3. m.c.KZ Mexico Excursion Trial #3: Susumu Yokosuka (13:01 Mexico Jidai) m.c.KZ4. Taku Iwasa{W}, Keni'chiro Arai (11:46 Tozawajuku Hiden: Gouwan from Hulk Blue Box) Yasushi Kanda{L}, Genki Horiguchi5. Shingo Takagi, YAMATO, Cyber Kong{W} (16:41 Cyber Bomb) Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Super Shisa{L}6. Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino (21:58 Sol Naciente Kai) Ryo Saito*V5 for Yoshino

After beating Ryo, Yoshino has called out CIMA to go for a full defeat of Typhoon. CIMA agreed, and there will be not 1, but 2 title matches!3/1/2008 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym 2nd Stadium-Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino vs. CIMA3/20/2008 Tokyo, Ota-ku Gymnasium-Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Masato Yoshino

Some small tidbits from both sides.First for Dragon Gate. The rules for the 2/23 Nagoya style Elimination Match were announced. It will follow standard naniwa rules, but instead of teams alternating members, the order of entrance will be drawn at random before the match. Starting members will be decided, then the remaining participants will randomly choose numbered cards, which will be their entry position. So instead of it going Typhoon - MO'z - Typhoon - MO'z and so on, it could go Typhoon - MO'z - MO'z - MO'z - Typhoon. Over the top rope eliminations are in play until all 10 members have entered, then it switches to full conclusion pinfall/submission only rules.2/23/2008 Aichi, Nagoya Telepia Hall-Nagoya Style Elimination Match: CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori vs. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda, Gamma,Genki HoriguchiTaku Iwasa will make an extended tour of Australia at the end of this month. He will be competing on the following dates:2/22 and 2/23 in New Zealand. 3/1 and 3/2 in Australia. He will of course miss the relevant DG shows because of it.

On the Dorado side, they have formally announced the matches w already knew for the upcoming Korakuen show. The UWA Tag title match is now dependent on YASSHIs' health, as he is injured. Note that it will be the Voodoo Murders versions of KonBro, not their Dorado versions. This is according to GM TARU anyway.2/27/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall~A GAME OF TREASURE-Naoki Tanisaki vs. Magnitude Kishiwada-UWA Tag Titles: Shuji Kondo, brother YASSHI vs. KAGETORA, Kota Ibushi-UWA 6 Man Tag Titles: Touru Owashi, Takuya Sugawara, Nobutaka Araya vs. Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei, GoBoth sides will be represented in the King of Trios tournament held by Pennsylvania based independent Chikara. m.c.KZ will stop there while on his Mexico excursion, teaming with Chikara regulars Cheech and Cloudy. Dorado will be represented by Go and Mototsugu Shimizu, who will be teaming with DDTs' Michael Nakazawa, also presumably for no reason whatsoever.

Damn, those 2 CIMA/Yoshino matches are gonna be off the charts. As much as I'd love to see it I cant see Yoshino winning the Dream Gate, they'll probably both end up retaining.

Would Yossino really make a good ODG champ? I've always seen CIMA holding untill world and dropping it to Shingo but with two DG teams having held the GHC Jr tag belts there's surely going to be a Noah wrestler holding a DG belt somewhere down the line. KENTA vs CIMA World Main event?

Damn, those 2 CIMA/Yoshino matches are gonna be off the charts. As much as I'd love to see it I cant see Yoshino winning the Dream Gate, they'll probably both end up retaining.

Would Yossino really make a good ODG champ? I've always seen CIMA holding untill world and dropping it to Shingo but with two DG teams having held the GHC Jr tag belts there's surely going to be a Noah wrestler holding a DG belt somewhere down the line. KENTA vs CIMA World Main event?
Work rate and match quality wise I think he'd make a damn good ODG champ, but weather people would accept him as the top dawg is a different matter. They could definately build him into a top-liner though, this scenario would work for me, Yoshino beats CIMA, then they build towards a SpeedMuscle collision for the ODG (World maybe) throw in a defence against Shingo (it's a matter of time before he gets it but he doesn't really need it yet) and someone else before World, then have Doi dethrone Yoshino.

It finally happens

KENTA and Taiji Ishimori of NOAH have formally challenged for the GHC Jr Tag titles. Shingo and Hulk accepted, and the match will happen in Ota. We don't even have to go into the layers of intrigue involving Taiji in a DG ring.3/20/2008 Tokyo, Ota-ku Gymnasium-GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk vs. KENTA, Taiji Ishimori

24 Feb 2008 Dragon Gate - 2/24 TRUTH GATE, 3/1 Osaka Card, Addition to 3/20

2/24/2008 Fukui, Fukui City Gym

1. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W}, Anthony W. Mori (12:16 Genkai) Keni;chiro Arai, Super Shisa, Shisa BOY{L}

2. Open the Owarai Gate: Jackson Florida (7:02 Space Rolling Elbow Jibaku) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

*Jackson received enough audience support, he succeeds in V3

3. YAMATO, Jorge Rivera{W} (9:25 Mis-aimed Blue Box Attack->Asia) Masato Yoshino{L}, Yasushi Kanda

4. m.c.KZ Mexico Excursion Trial Series #5: Naruki Doi (11:39 Bakatare Sliding Kick) m.c.KZ

5. CIMA{W}, Dragon Kid (11:39 Schwein) Genki Horiguchi{L}, Gamma

6. Open the Triangle Gate: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk{W}, Cyber Kong (19:47 Nadare-shiki E.V.O.) Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness{L}, Don Fujii

*Mushozoku fail in V4, NH become the 17th Champions

Shingo/Hulk double champs

Havent seen much DG other then couple matches since 2001, and then it was called Toryumon. But because I heard Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino © vs. BxB Hulk & Shingo Takagi was suppose to be a great match, I sat down and watch the "Dragon Gate Infinity #77" TV show, and the tag match is maybe one of the best matches I have seen this year, up there with Angle vs. Nagata and Tanahashi vs. Nakamura. And Shingo & BxB Hulk have grown on me after seeing them live, and Hulk in NJPW aswell. But the entire TV taping was fastastic entertainment. Best TV block of TV from this year from any promotion I have seen so far. And I have seen Infinity #78 has reached torrents aswell, not really to into much of the gaiijins thats on that shows, but there is a ton of talent that is home grown. One hell of a heel is Gamma, playing it up and can really get the crowd hating this guy. Thats all for me now, but will post my reviews from the Infinity shows I watch. Exciting stuff!!!

3/1/2008 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym 2nd Stadium

1. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka{W}, Super Shenlong (12:23 Genkai) Super Shisa, Shisa BOY{L}, Keni'chiro Arai

2. Cyber Kong (6:41 Pineapple Bomber) Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

3. Genki Horiguchi{W}. Magnitude Kishiwada (10:40 Beach Break) Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori{L}

4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii{W} (10:43 Nice German) Akira Tozawa{L}, Yuki Ono

5. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda{W}, Gamma (14:12 From YAMATO Mistaken Blue Box Attack) Shingo Takagi, YAMATO, BxB Hulk{L}

6. Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino (19:48 Lightning Spiral) CIMA

*V6 for Yoshino

Outsider Participation list for March is as follows:

PAC: 3/7~3/20

Magnitude Kishiwada: 3/9

Gamma: All Shows

KENTA & Taiji Ishimori: 3/20

King Ali Baba: 3/7~3/20

Yes, THAT King Ali Baba.

Up coming Shows

3/2/2008 Aichi, Okazaki Tatsumigaoka Kaikan

1. CIMA, Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka vs. Keni'chiro Arai, Super Shisa, Shisa BOY

2. Don Fujii vs. Jackson Florida

3. Masaaki Mochizuki vs. YAMATO

4. Masato Yoshino, Gamma vs. Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori

5. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi vs. Shingo Takagi, BxB Hul, Cyber Kong

3/21/2008 Tokyo, Shin-Kiba 1st Ring~Buyuden 3

1. 6 Man Tag Match

2. Jackson Florida vs. Lingerie Mutoh

3. Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono vs. K-ness, Yutaka Yoshie

4. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Magnitude Kishiwada

5. Internaitonal Juniorheavyweight Title: Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Fujita Jr Hayato

El Dorado

The main event matches for the next 2 Tokyo area Dorado conventions were announced.

3/26/2008 Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE

-UWA Tag Titles: NOSAWA Rongai, MAZADA vs. KAGETORA, Kota Ibushi

4/24/2008 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall

-Shuji Kondo vs. Magnitude Kishiwada

Naoki Tanisaki resigned from El Dorado today, in an effort to maintain the freedom he desired when he left Dragon Gate.

Really going to need the Kondo/MagWada match.

Am i the only one who hates Tanisaki? He's now part of Voodoo Murders :bored:

One down for Yoshino. :) Kanda & Yamato have both "accidently" caused wins for each other the last few days :hmmm: This is gonna be interesting at the next Korakuen.

Edo-Style Countdown Elimination Match: Naruki Doi, Gamma, Masato Yoshino, Yasushi Kanda & Genki Horiguchi vs. Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong, YAMATO & Shinobu

I like the look of the Buyuden show,Mochi/Fujita should be splendid and Sekimoto & Shingo is $$$.

Archived