The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

The first Korakuen of the new year has been set, and the last two matches look quite tasty. Very nice to see Sawa in DG he has to be one of the most underated workers out there.

1/15/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma vs. Anthony W. Mori, Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuka2. Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono vs. Shinobu, Cyber Kong3. Ryo Saito vs. YAMATO4. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. CIMA, PAC5. GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi6. Open the Triangle Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness, Don Fujii vs. Munenori Sawa (Battlarts), Ikuto Hidaka (Z1), Dick Togo

And now prepare to fly into a fit of rage

WrestleJAM Season 3 Participation Players:Austin Aries - From 1/15 KorakuenEl GenericoHuman TornadoPACJorge Rivera - From 1/14 NagoyaThe SATs Jose & Joel Maximo :cry: The SATs are planning on making a challenge to DoiYoshi for the Twin Gate.

The first Korakuen of the new year has been set, and the last two matches look quite tasty. Very nice to see Sawa in DG he has to be one of the most underated workers out there.

1/15/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma vs. Anthony W. Mori, Dragon Kid, Susumu Yokosuka2. Akira Tozawa, Yuki Ono vs. Shinobu, Cyber Kong3. Ryo Saito vs. YAMATO4. Taku Iwasa, Keni'chiro Arai vs. CIMA, PAC5. GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. BxB Hulk, Shingo Takagi6. Open the Triangle Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness, Don Fujii vs. Munenori Sawa (Battlarts), Ikuto Hidaka (Z1), Dick Togo

Very nice

And now prepare to fly into a fit of rage

WrestleJAM Season 3 Participation Players:Austin Aries - From 1/15 KorakuenEl GenericoHuman TornadoPACJorge Rivera - From 1/14 NagoyaThe SATs Jose & Joel Maximo :cry: The SATs are planning on making a challenge to DoiYoshi for the Twin Gate.

Already through up at SSS, just WHY!!!!!!!! for the love of god

Owwww goody yet more gaijin news

Now added to the lineup, Jack Evans makes his return to the Dragon Gate ring for WrestleJAM Season 3.Sadly, The Turboman has not yet recovered from his broken leg, so he will remain on his planet. His best friend Turboyan, along with Turbo-ness. have sworn to defend peace and the children of Japan until their leader can return in March.In totally unrelated news, Don Fujii will have to miss WrestleJAM for unknown reasons.

Oh good Evans :bored:

• 2 weeks later...

credit Purolove/DGUSADragon Gate "PRIMAL GATE 2008", 15.01.2008 (GAORA TV) Tokyo Korakuen Hall 2,350 Fans - Super No Vacancy 1. Gamma, Yasushi Kanda & Genki Horiguchi besiegen Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid & Anthony W. Mori (13:41) nach einem Diving Elbow Drop von Kanda gegen Mori. 2. CIMA & PAC besiegen Akira Tozawa & Yuki Ono (13:38) als PAC Ono pinnte. 3. Ryo Saito besiegt YAMATO (8:25) mit einem Dragon Suplex Hold. 4. Kenichiro Arai & Taku Iwasa besiegen Cyber Kong & Austin Arias (13:00) nach dem Tozawa-juku Saishuu Ougi So no Ni: Noshigami von Iwasa gegen Kong. 5. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Shingo Takagi & BxB Hulk besiegen Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino © (23:45) nach dem Last Falconry von Takagi gegen Doi - Titelwechsel. 6. Open the Triangle Gate Title: Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii & K-ness © besiegen Dick Togo, Ikuto Hidaka & Munenori Sawa (21:51) nach einem Corner Kick von Mochizuki gegen Sawa (3rd defense). CIMA continued his harsher than usual assaults on Katsuo, that he started in SITE KOBE.Ryo praised YAMATO for a good fight, even if the match only lasted around 8 minutes.Araken complimented Iwasa on decisively beating Kong, since he typically only falls to cradles and flash pins. AraIwa renewed their place int he Twin Gate division, and have again taken aim at Speed Muscle.

Didn't see that coming at all, hopefully they defend against KENTA/Ishimori as they interactions between KENTA/Shingo could super and its always nice seeing someone kick the shit out of Hulk.

Perhaps looking to mimic the success found by Katsuo, Tozawa has begun a massive bulk up. He is over 90kg now, with a large stomach to rival Katsuos'.......

Oh my I need to get a picture of this

Didn't see that coming at all, hopefully they defend against KENTA/Ishimori as they interactions between KENTA/Shingo could super and its always nice seeing someone kick the shit out of Hulk.

Very suprised at the title change, didn't see it at all but as you say the Shingo/KENTA exchanges could be something.

Perhaps looking to mimic the success found by Katsuo, Tozawa has begun a massive bulk up. He is over 90kg now, with a large stomach to rival Katsuos'.......

Another one jumps on the early death train :bored:

• 3 weeks later...

MjAwODAxMjQxNDE0MDAx7oY.jpgMjAwODAxMjQxNDEzMDAx7YI.jpgResults 03 Feb 2008 Dragon Gate - 2/3 PRIMAL GATE2/3/2008 Fukuoka, Hakata Star Lanes1. Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda{W}, Genki Horiguchi, Dr. Muscle (12:53 Blue Box->Small Package Hold) Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka, Anthony W. Mori{L}, PAC2. Jorge Rivera (2:14 Jorge Special) Akira Tozawa2b. Jorge Rivera (0:38 Jorge Special) Akira Tozawa2c. Jorge Rivera (0:17 Jorge Special) Akira Tozawa3. Taku Iwasa{W}, Keni'chiro Arai (10:14 Tozawajuku Saishuu Ougi Noshigami - Tsubasa) m.c.KZ{L}, Lupin Matsutani4. Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk, Cyber Kong{W} (14:16 Cyber Bomb) Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness{L}, Don Fujii5. Open the Brave Gate: Masato Yoshino (21:23 Lightning Spiral) Dragon Kid*V4 for Yoshino6. Open the Dream Gate~No DQ No Countout: CIMA (20:51 Crossfire) Gamma*V4 for CIMAVery eventful night.Hulk intruded after match 1 and went after Kandas' hair. This was revenge for an incident in January.Shingo proposed that the NH strongest trio of himself, Kong, and Hulk get a Triangle Gate shot after winning today. YAMATO took exception to this and some NH infighting began. He left, and afterwards Kanda intruded and went after Hulk and his hair again.Ryo will be the next challenge for Yoshino.Gamma finally admitted defeat to CIMA, and went to shake his hand. Doi kicked him, but Yoshino came to his aid. Speed Muscle had a brief stare down before Doi left on his own.Looks like it is that time again........

YAMATO attacked CIMA at the autograph booth after the show, apparently, which led to Gamma shaking the youngster's hand...Christ, YAMATO gets overlooked in New Hazard, it'd be madness to stick him in MOz with it's bulky roster.Hulk/Kanda hair Vs hair would be an interesting one. Kanda's looked his old self since turning rudo, not sure how up to date people are, but on the last few TV shows he's been doing SUWA's John Woo and making a big show of it. Can I dare to imagine SUWA coming back to DG for one more match? I know it's super impossible, but I can dream.Breaking up Speed Muscle should only be done if it leads to Doi taking the Dream Gate off CIMA.EDIT - Just remembered something else. Anyone who was a fan of Toru Owashi back in the days when he was an evil heel should be watching DDT at the moment. He's in an awesome psycho heel stable called METAL VAMPIRE with motherfucking Dick Togo, of all people, and it's rocking hard.

Hulk/Kanda hair Vs hair would be an interesting one. Kanda's looked his old self since turning rudo, not sure how up to date people are, but on the last few TV shows he's been doing SUWA's John Woo and making a big show of it. Can I dare to imagine SUWA coming back to DG for one more match? I know it's super impossible, but I can dream.

:sneaky:

EDIT - Just remembered something else. Anyone who was a fan of Toru Owashi back in the days when he was an evil heel should be watching DDT at the moment. He's in an awesome psycho heel stable called METAL VAMPIRE with motherfucking Dick Togo, of all people, and it's rocking hard.

I'm gonna need me some of this. Apart from Yasshi and Kondo, Owashi's the guy i miss most yes even over Milano by the end.

The now annual DG excursion to the ROH pre-Wrestlemania shows will be CIMA, Dragon Kid, Ryo, Doi, Yoshino, Genki, Shingo, and Hulk this year. The decided matches thus far are:3/28Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito vs. Jay & Mark Briscoe3/29CIMA, Kid, Ryo vs. Doi, Yoshino, Genki

Great i've got to get another ROH show :bored:

• Paid Members

FYI, that show will also feature Nigel vs Aries in a rematch from what will be the ROH title match on the upcoming PPV. I'm attending 3/28 but will be at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony on 3/29

Archived