The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

11/25/2007 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym, Main Arena~THE GATE OF DESTINY~0. Yuki Ono, m.c.KZ, APE Kimata vs. Shisa BOY, Shinobu Sugawara, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa1. Super Shisa, Anthony W. Mori, PAC{W} (360 Shooting Star Press) YAMATO, BxB Hulk, El Generico{L}2. Genki Horiguchi{W}, Arik Cannon (Beach Break) Akira Tozawa{L}, Keni'chiro Arai3. Magnitude Kishiwada (Last Ride) Cyber Kong4. Open the Triangle Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness, Don Fujii{W} (Nice German) Yasushi Kanda{L}, Gamma, NOSAWA Rongai*V2 for Mushozoku5. Dragon Kid (Ultra Hurricanrana) Kenzo Suzuki6. Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Naruki Doi{W}, Masato Yoshino (Muscular Bomb) Ryo Saito{L}, Susumu Yokosuka*V1 for DoiYoshi7. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA (Jorge Clutch) Shingo Takagi*V2 for CIMAGenki stripped Tozawa of his pants, like in Hakata. Araken was still without his, and wrestled in spats. All the active Tozawajuku members have had their ring costumes stolen now.Kid was aided with a chair, and a protein attack for good measure. So long Kenzo.CIMA closed the show. First he praised Shingos' immeasurable growth, saying his pupil reached his own limit very quickly, and that he may not be able to beat him again. He promised to return to Osaka next year, still as champion.The main event went close to 30 minutes. Good marks for both it and the Twin Gate from the early reports.On hand reports give a favourable attendance, pushing 90% full if not more. One report gave a 6000 estimation. Good news, considering the other wrestling competition going on tonight, and the general weakness of the lineup.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've watched bits and pieces from dragongate and i want to get into watching it more often what would you say is a good point to start with dragon gate and where do you get all your recent stuff from?? hope u can help me out with this oneDan Williams

Think most download it via Torrents or buy it from the few DVD trader websites thats left.

I've watched bits and pieces from dragongate and i want to get into watching it more often what would you say is a good point to start with dragon gate and where do you get all your recent stuff from?? hope u can help me out with this oneDan Williams

No idea what a good starting point would be because i just watch it all(like a mad bastard) but most would say start at the beginning of a year and work your way through.I get dvds from wrestlingvcd

12/1/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall1. BxB Hulk{W}, Cyber Kong, YAMATO (11:15 E.V.O.) Don Fujii, K-ness, m.c.KZ{L}2. Keni'chiro Arai (9:25 Diving Knee Jibaku->KO) Jackson Florida3. Masaaki Mochizuki (11:49 Pinfall) Yuki Ono4. CIMA, Ryo Saito, Anthony W. Mori{W}, PAC (14:51 Elegant Spike onto Chair) Naruki Doi, Yasushi Kanda, Genki Horiguchi, Gamma{L}5. King of Gate 2007 1st Round: Susumu Yokosuka (19:55 Crucifix Counter) Masato Yoshino6. King of Gate 1st Round: Dragon Kid (17:35 Ultra Hurricanrana) Shingo TakagiHuge upset to begin the tournament. Kid and Susumu will renew their legendary rivalry in SITE KOBE on the 7th.

Well thats buggered my predictions

12/1/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall5. King of Gate 2007 1st Round: Susumu Yokosuka (19:55 Crucifix Counter) Masato Yoshino6. King of Gate 1st Round: Dragon Kid (17:35 Ultra Hurricanrana) Shingo Takagi

Well thats buggered my predictions
I don't think a single person here or on the DG board would have predicted that. Smashes the tournament wide open. I've got a feeling for Susumu.

I'm currently watching Infinity 72 and I'm a bit confused and was hoping someone could explain something to me. During Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Gamma, Genki Horiguchi there's a referee helping Gamma & Horiguchi, why's he helping them when all four men appear to be in the same stable, well, at least they are according to DGUSA. This is the first Dragon Gate show I've watched (I've watched Toryumon in the past though) so I'm not really up to date on what's going on and not knowing Japanese the commentators can't explain it to me.

I'm currently watching Infinity 72 and I'm a bit confused and was hoping someone could explain something to me. During Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Gamma, Genki Horiguchi there's a referee helping Gamma & Horiguchi, why's he helping them when all four men appear to be in the same stable, well, at least they are according to DGUSA. This is the first Dragon Gate show I've watched (I've watched Toryumon in the past though) so I'm not really up to date on what's going on and not knowing Japanese the commentators can't explain it to me.

From what i remember reading(no where near watching the show yet) there has been friction between the members of Outlawz over misaimed protein attacks leading to members losing matches and during the Summer Adventure tag league Kinta decided to help the team of Gamma & Genki during the tournament. I won't go on with what happens after that incase your trying to stay spoiler free but most of your questions could probably be answered by reading the archives at DGUSA or by reading the pinned viewing thread on the board.Hope that helped a little.

• Paid Members

There was in-fighting in Muscle Outlawz over the summer, with Doi/Yoshino on one side and Gamma/Genki on the other. Gamma and Doi were the sort of joint-leaders of the group, but it began to fall apart in August and September. It involved Gamma costing MOz several matches through 'friendly fire' incidents and other spats amongst members. Kinta Tomoaka was the MOz official referee, but his loyalties were somewhat split by the fighting too. For this tournament he sided with Gamma and Genki.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
He ended up feuding with Gamma though, and would later refuse to save Gamma in a tag match that cost Gamma his hair. The fighting continued in September. Kinta cost Gamma a match by hitting him with his wooden sword and Gamma intentionally cost the other MOz a match with a deliberate powder attack on his own stable-mates amongst other assorted pettiness.

There was a match between Kinta (who was a Dragon System trainee wrestler turned referee) and Gamma, with the loser to be banished from MOz. Kinta won and the rest of the stable beat up Gamma before officially banishing him from the group. Shortly after this, Dragon Gate announced that Gamma asked to have his contract voided, and they accepted.

He then made a surprise return in October, leading to MOz then turning on Kinta and banishing him from the group instead. They recruited Kanda on the same show.

12/5/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall1. Ryo Saito{W}, Dragon Kid, Anthony W. Mori (12:55 Dragon Suplex Hold) YAMATO, Cyber Kong, Shinobu{L}2. Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa (2:27 Choke Sleeper) Akira Tozawa3. Magnitude Kishiwada (8:37 Diving Body Press) m.c.KZ4. Gamma{W}, Genki Horiguchi (8:49 Gamma Special) Keni'chiro Arai, Yuki Ono{L}5. 4 Army Taiketsu 4 Way Tag Match: Shingo Takagi, BxB Hulk vs. Yasushi Kanda, Masato Yoshino vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness vs. Susumu Yokosuka, PAC-Kanda (14:14 Ryu's) Mochi-Susumu (15:58 Sol Naciente Counter) Yoshino-Hulk (20:50 Nadareshiki E.V.O.) PAC6. King of Gate 2007 1st Round: Austin Aries (19:17 Horns of Aries) Naruki Doi7. King of Gate 2007 1st Round: CIMA (20:19 Crossfire) Don FujiiOh goody Aries beat Doi and goes on to round 2 :bored: Better news

This sets up CIMA vs. Aries for 12/8. Also, a Blood Generation vs. Final M2K 6 man of sorts was made for the next Korakuen. CIMA, Shingo, and Fujii vs. Mochi, K-ness, and Susumu.Leading in to his DEEP fight, Stalker gets his first ever submission win. Yasuhito Namegawa came out afterwards. Stalker offered a handshake, but suddenly slapped him. Stalker may die in that fight.Also, that crashing sound you may have heard coming from the whatever direction Japan may be to your location is the sound of Tozawajuku slamming into rock bottom. The pants stealing with Genki and MO'z continued today, this time with fat person insults hurled at Katsuo.Doi, not particularly bothered by yet another early KoG exit, blew off further singles action for the year and turned his attention to the GHC Jr. tag. NOAHs' Atsushi Aoki and Yoshinobu Kanemaru will be the first challengers. Doi invited Aoki to come to Korakuen on 12/28 to show Doi exactly who he is, since he didn't know him as much more than a green boy. SpeedMuscle also received a challenge from Shingo & Hulk for the Twin Gate today. Such is the schedule of triple title holders.

I like Aries myself but theres no in hell he should be beating Doi. I hope they confirm the Twin Gate as that has some serious potential. What the hells going on with Tozawa, choked out by Stalker :crazy:

A Stalker push~~~~~~~~ :D The Noah tag could be pretty good and with Aoki being in the match it looks like Doi/Yoshino will retain.

06 Dec 2007 Dragon Gate - 12/6 King of Gate 2007

5. King of Gate 2007 1st Round: Cyber Kong (10:35 Cyber Bomb) Keni'chiro Arai

6. King of Gate 2007 1st Round: Masaaki Mochizuki (8:46 Ikkakugeri) Yasushi Kanda

Mochi vs. Kong on 12/8

As expected.

Plus nice show to end the year on.

12/28/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall

-GHC Jr. Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Atsushi Aoki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru

-CIMA, Don Fujii, Undecided vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness

From DG USA12/7/2007 Hyogo, SITE KOBEKing of Gate 2007 2nd Round: Gamma (11:06 Protein Attack->Small Package Hold) BxB HulkKing of Gate 2007 2nd Round: Dragon Kid (18:24 World Liner Counter) Susumu Yokosuka12/8/2007 Kagawa, Takamatsu Symbol Tower 1st Floor Exhibition PlaceKing of Gate 2007 2nd Round: Masaaki Mochizuki (12:27 Udegatame) Cyber KongKing of Gate 200 2nd Round: CIMA (14:56 Crossfire) Austin Aries12/9/2007 Aichi, Nagoya Congress CenterKing of Gate 2007 Semifinals: Gamma (Mask Attack->Small Package) Dragon KidKing of Gate 2007 Semifinals: CIMA (Jorge Clutch) Masaaki MochizukiKing of Gate 2007 Finals: Gamma (Low Blow->Referee Stop) CIMAKing of Gate 2007 Rematch: Dragon Kid (Ultra Hurricanrana) Gamma

Yes, the actual finish to the tournament was a low blow causing referee stoppage.Kid interrupted the victory ceremony and demanded a rematch. Gamma hit him in the groin with the trophy, and the match started. A blue box shot lead to the ending. Kid attempted to end the show on a happy note, with what was said to be a strong microphone appeal. Gamma will still go down as the tournament winner of record, it would seem.Elsewhere on the show (back in reality), a Ryo vs. Kong singles has been made for an upcoming show.

Well thats something that couldn't be predicted.

Archived