The Dragon Gate thread

JLM

• Paid Members

Speaking of torrents. I suspect my account at that little invite-only puro tracker has been deleted because I haven't used it in quite a while. This saddens me greatly. :(Anyone happen to have any invites?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year's Stalker Bom Ba Ye was only available on commercial DVD. I think that this year will be the same.BTW, I'm considering to purchase last year's Stalker Bom Ba Ye DVD. Anyone interested in a copy?

Bugger! looks like thats another i'll be getting off you :) The never ending quest to watch all Tory/DG from 2004-2007, will i survive? probably

• Paid Members

Guess what I watched yesterday!

King of Gate 2006. You know what's even worse than that? I haven't watched a number of shows before this one and have actually jumped ahead to get to December 2006. I still aim to fill in the gaps too. I will never, ever be up to date again. Oh well.

Thanks again to Gwailo for providing me with the DVD of this show. Much appreciated.

1. Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino, Magnitude Kishiwada vs Akira Tozawa, Taku Iwasa, Takayuki Mori

Not a bad opener but nothing too special either. I like how Kinta takes his corruption to the point of assisting with double team moves. Was cool to see Iwasa doing his power fighter routine.

2. King of Gate Semifinals: Ryo Saito (11:15 Protein Attack~Kendo Stick Armlock German Suplex Hold) Gamma

Bwahaha, this is the sort of stuff I've missed. Gamma busts it all out, a sneeze-towel, an upside down variation on the Evian spot, gratuitous sword usage, awesomeness. The rage builds in Ryo and the Evian spot is the point where Gamma takes it too far. Ryo hits back with his own version to a great response and it all goes downhill for Gamma from there. The finish is absolutely awesome. Sword assisted Premium Bridge with a bag of protein powder on his head. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

3. King of Gate Semifinals: Masaaki Mochizuki (15:00 Henkei Kido Clutch) Dick Togo

Well this was never going to be bad was it? Dick Togo is fucking great, Mochi is great too. They do some slick stuff, some Dick destroying Mochi's leg stuff, some manly clubbering stuff and cap it off with a whole bunch of near falls to put together a fine 15 minute match. Mochi BLEEDS FOR THE CAUSE also. If the finish had come off as it was meant to I wouldn't be able to pick a fault with it. I do wish Japanese promotions would invest in some American style folding tables though, that Senton to the outside where Dick just bounces off the edge of the unbreaking table and hits the unforgiving Korakuen Hall floor looked seriously painful.

4. Super Shisa, Shisa Boy vs Dr. Muscle, Pentagon Black

Hmm, curious match this. Pentagon Black basically destroys everything in his path until Super Shisa hits a Yoshi Tonic on Dr. Muscle for the win. Shisa Boy looked nervy and sloppy, nothing really came off for him aside from his always lovely Asai moonsault. Very much a filler contest and a disappointing showing from the NEX member. It was so short that Shisa didn't get to save it by busting out some Shisa specials. :(

5. 4 Way Tag Match

Susumu Yokosuka, K-ness vs Yasushi Kanda, Don Fujii, vs BxB Hulk, Jack Evans vs Genki Horiguchi, Super Shenlong

Dragon Gate. :love:

Let's all slap Don Fujii, everyone puts everyone else in a hold, giant multiman suplex spots. Y'know, the classics.

Genki is just brilliant throughout. His reaction when Hulk starts hinting at doing the Maraha/Issapa is so great. He goes from "Eh?" to "Ohhh man you know I can't resist da riddim, let's do this thing". Putting his foot on the ropes when Susumu goes to grab his hair... even the way he comes strutting out in his cowboy hat is a thing of beauty. What a great man.

Shenlong looked tidy enough in what was the first DG match I've seen from him. Jack's goofy charisma has won me over more than I ever thought it would. I still dislike much of his offense but he is fun in his own way and the DG fans at the shows have clearly warmed to him. He seems to "get" Dragon Gate more than the likes of Sydal, busting out the comedy alliance changes and bumping like a crazy person. Oh, and the match also has Knessuka.

Loved it. Pure filler, but what joyous filler it was.

King of Gate 2006 Finals: Masaaki Mochizuki (17:21 Shin Saikyou High Kick) Ryo Saito

OK, I'll get the bad part out of the way first. Dick Togo spent a good chunk of the earlier match trying to murderise Mochi's legs in order to negate his kicks, even using weapons in the process. Ryo does the same thing for pretty much the whole time he's in control of this one. At no point does Mochi give any indication that his legs are sore. This pisses me off.

I hate to nit-pick about selling, but it really did detract from the match and the story of the night for me when Mochi busted out every one of his kick and springboard spots without so much as a grimace or limp. Other than that it was the blistering main event you'd expect and I did enjoy it thoroughly. Ryo is so dependable for a dramatic main event match, fantastic stuff.

A lot of fun to be had on the show, but it somehow didn't feel as momentous as previous King of Gate/El numero uno offerings. I didn't watch the build up and have missed a number of shows that go before it though, which probably doesn't help.

Guess what I watched yesterday!King of Gate 2006. You know what's even worse than that? I haven't watched a number of shows before this one and have actually jumped ahead to get to December 2006. I still aim to fill in the gaps too. I will never, ever be up to date again. Oh well. A lot of fun to be had on the show, but it somehow didn't feel as momentous as previous King of Gate/El numero uno offerings. I didn't watch the build up and have missed a number of shows that go before it though, which probably doesn't help.

This is my fear of jumping ahead and not getting to see the build which with a promotion like DG is crucial. I plan to be up to date by World by then i should have seen all but one show since October 2001.From what i've heard and from your review this does seem a very good show, Mochi/Togo is 3rd in my "must watch Mochi matchs league" behind the Liger (Infinity #62) and Masato Tanaka(Tenka-Ichi )matches.

King of Gate 2007 Lineups 12/1/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall~A Block First Round~Masato Yoshino vs. Susumu YokosukaShingo Takagi vs. Dragon Kid12/2/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall~B Block First Round~Gamma vs. Anthony W. MoriBxB Hulk vs. Ryo Saito12/5/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall~C Block First Round~CIMA vs. Don Fujii :( Naruki Doi vs. Austin Aries12/6/2007 Kanagawa, Odawara Arena~D Block First Round~Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Yasushi KandaKeni'chiro Arai vs. Cyber Kong12/7/2007 Hyogo, SITE KOBEA & B Block Second Round12/8/2007 Kagawa, Takamatsu Symbol Tower 1st Floor Exhibition PlaceC & D Block Second Round12/9/2007 Aichi, Nagoya Congress CenterSemi-Finals & Finals

My money is on Shingo, I'd love to see Yoshino have a good run but I can't see him getting out of his block.

With Shigo being the next ODG challenger it's probably a given he's winning this but with DG's booking who know's.

These both stand out for several reasons.

CIMA vs. Don Fujii

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Yasushi Kanda

And Doi's probably losing to Aries which isn't good. ;)

Mmm this could be a prediction league.....with maybe three people playing :rolleyes:

Mmm this could be a prediction league.....with maybe three people playing :rolleyes:

Why not, heres my picks12/1/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall~A Block First Round~Masato Yoshino vs. Susumu YokosukaShingo Takagi vs. Dragon Kid12/2/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall~B Block First Round~Gamma vs. Anthony W. MoriBxB Hulk vs. Ryo Saito12/5/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall~C Block First Round~CIMA vs. Don Fujii Naruki Doi vs. Austin Aries12/6/2007 Kanagawa, Odawara Arena~D Block First Round~Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Yasushi KandaKeni'chiro Arai vs. Cyber Kong Quarter Finals12/7/2007 Hyogo, SITE KOBESusumu Yokosuka vs. Shingo TakagiGamma vs BxB Hulk12/8/2007 Kagawa, Takamatsu Symbol Tower 1st Floor Exhibition PlaceCIMA vs. Austin AriesMasaaki Mochizukivs. Cyber Kong12/9/2007 Aichi, Nagoya Congress CenterSemi FinalsShingo Takagi vs. BxB HulkCIMA vs. Masaaki MochizukiFinal Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

Go on then......

12/1/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall

~A Block First Round~

Masato Yoshino vs. Susumu Yokosuka

Shingo Takagi vs. Dragon Kid

12/2/2007 Hokkaido, Sapporo Teisen Hall

~B Block First Round~

Gamma vs. Anthony W. Mori

BxB Hulk vs. Ryo Saito

12/5/2007 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall

~C Block First Round~

CIMA vs. Don Fujii

Naruki Doi vs. Austin Aries

12/6/2007 Kanagawa, Odawara Arena

~D Block First Round~

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Yasushi Kanda

Keni'chiro Arai vs. Cyber Kong

Quarter Finals

12/7/2007 Hyogo, SITE KOBE

Susumu Yokosuka vs. Shingo Takagi

Gamma vs Ryo Saito

12/8/2007 Kagawa, Takamatsu Symbol Tower 1st Floor Exhibition Place

CIMA vs. Austin Aries

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Cyber Kong

12/9/2007 Aichi, Nagoya Congress Center

Semi Finals

Shingo Takagi vs. Ryo Saito

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. CIMA

Final

Shingo Takagi vs. Masaaki Mochizuki

I really want Fuji and Doi to make it to the quaters mainly beacuse i don't fancy watching an Aries/CIMA match. I've mainly put Shingo to win because of the title shot but i have a feeling for a Gamma/Susumu semi.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Prediction League everyone^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11/25/2007 Osaka, Osaka Prefectural Gym, Main Arena~THE GATE OF DESTINY~

0. Yuki Ono, m.c.KZ, APE Kimata vs. Shisa BOY, Shinobu Sugawara, Hollywood Stalker Ichikawa

1. YAMATO, BxB Hulk, El Generico vs. Super Shisa, Anthony W. Mori, PAC

2. Akira Tozawa, Keni'chiro Arai vs Genki Horiguchi, Arik Cannon

3. Cyber Kong vs. Magnitude Kishiwada

4. Open the Triangle Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki, K-ness, Don Fujii vs. Yasushi Kanda, Gamma, NOSAWA Rongai

5. Dragon Kid vs. Kenzo Suzuki

6. Open the Twin Gate Unified Tag Titles: Naruki Doi, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Susumu Yokosuka

7. Open the Dream Gate: CIMA vs. Shingo Takagi

Anybody heard if it will be a PPV?

Match 6 will be match of the night, Suzuki/Kid could go either way and the OTG match should also be good value.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Prediction League everyone^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Anybody heard if it will be a PPV?

According to PuroLove it is.

Doi & Yoshino beat Kotaro & Marvin (17:39) when Doi used Muscular Bomb on Kotaro to become the GHC JR Tag Team Champions

A defence against Kenta & Ishimori would go down a treat, especially after they kinda teased Kenta/Doi before.

Archived